[VC RE BETA] Feedback on Economy

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please share your feedback about the balance of the economy in the Beta of the Viking Conquest Reforged Edition here. If you want to post your balance log, then please post it here.

- wages of troops
- recruiting and upgrading costs
- rents and tariffs from fiefs
- prices of goods
- trading and profit
- general feedback on expenses and way of making cash (slaves, prisoners, loot, ...)

Also check the new game options like "Easy wages".

Thank you!

Edit(CeltiberoCaesar): I have include the useful information to be in the first post.

- wages of troops
- recruiting and upgrading costs
- rents and tarrifs from fiefs
- prices of goods
- trading and profit
- general feedback on expenses and way of making cash (slaves, prisoners, loot, ...)

- imods price rebalance. That means a "cracked", "plain", "champion", etc quality you see on items and horses. Prices are now much closer to the plain (common) item.

Also check the new game options like "Easy wages".

Champion horses seem much too cheap. This is in a town with 0 relation, trade skill 8+1.  Save from 1.04 if that makes a difference.
u4p3Y.jpg
Spirited horse is only slightly cheaper:
05xyi.jpg

I love the new economy balance with this update! I started a new storyline game. I ended up putting it on easy recruiting and lower wages because the last game I played was so slow on the recruitment and making money part of the game. I am sad in my new game that I put the lower wages and easy recruiting because the new economy solved all my problems.

Below is the old system. I follow up with the differences and what I like about the new system.
In the old system the villages had a chance to have super cheap raw goods and/or food. I would run around to all these villages and buy the food and raw goods. I would offload the food to the nearest town and then save the raw goods for what ever town had the highest price for it. I never bought goods from towns unless it was some very basic produced good to sell to the now super rich villages that I bought alot from. This made money but I did not feel like I was trading. I never bought goods from a town and sold in another town. I felt more like a transport from villages to the towns. haha It did make a ton of moeny though. The profit was just so low selling town to town, and the other huge is issue was it seemed none of the towns had a decent amount of goods to buy. To make matters worst, the only land that was even remotely profitable was breweries. The only place I did not have one was Ribe which for some random reason made bank with a linen shop.

The new system fixes most if not all of these issues. The villages now sell cheap but not dirt cheap, which is good as it allows me to sell them more produced goods (Linen, wool cloth, tools) while not feeling like I am cheating. The towns actually have stuff to sell now at somewhat reasonable prices. So inter-town trade is now a much bigger and better form of trading then before. it seems like there is a better distribution of goods throughout the world as well. i have only touch parts of england, norway, friese, and demark though so. I did notice that there are no more furs in Norway and Demark? When I mean no more I mean they are completely gone. I have not seen a single fur for sale yet in my game. buying land seems alot better as well. All the land you can buy now seems to fall more in line with what there invest cost is. I have not look at many towns but the few that I saw looked like I had to make a choice as apposed to always getting ale.

Well that is my two cents. I will talk on it more later got to go right now.

See ya,
Bob

P.S I thought wages were to low but I picked the lower wages so this was completely my fault. I have not really looked at horses, weapons, armors,  castles, or fiefs.

So, I am doing a roleplay where I am an Irish trader(Rags to riches like), and I wanted to buy my first trading ship wih the money I got from working in farms/mines/etc. But the payment is like 3-5 pennings a day(I know its meant to be realistic, but could you guys add some sort of "upgrade"?)and it would take me years ingame to be able to buy the cheapest ship. So my idea is: Add some sort of "promotion", like, if you worked for x days you would become the Landlord assistant or something, or simply improve the wages after some days of work(Ex: If I work for 7 days in the same farm, increase the wages). BTW: I think the working minigames take too long! I mean, if the payment is that terrible, at least make it a bit faster(Mining is a pain in the S).

I am sorry for the bad english, its not my 1st language.

BTW: Reforged edition is awesome, GREAT armors, really cool songs and I am loving it!

pax7788 said:
So, I am doing a roleplay where I am an Irish trader(Rags to riches like), and I wanted to buy my first trading ship wih the money I got from working in farms/mines/etc. But the payment is like 3-5 pennings a day(I know its meant to be realistic, but could you guys add some sort of "upgrade"?)and it would take me years ingame to be able to buy the cheapest ship. So my idea is: Add some sort of "promotion", like, if you worked for x days you would become the Landlord assistant or something, or simply improve the wages after some days of work(Ex: If I work for 7 days in the same farm, increase the wages). BTW: I think the working minigames take too long! I mean, if the payment is that terrible, at least make it a bit faster(Mining is a pain in the S).

BTW: Reforged edition is awesome, GREAT armors, really cool songs and I am loving it!

I would agree on this one, though of course attributes and skills may be used as a basis for promotion.

Also, maybe at least increase the base wage if promotion won't be implemented.

(Then again, I have no prior knowledge on what the minimum wage of the past would, if it does exist.)

pax7788 said:

Thank you pax, I like you idea. We will think about that.

denkar said:
Why are the rent of my cities listed as "Unpaid" in the budged report? Its killing my economy now.

hey @denkar

Rent is paid when your villagers get a chance to visit your center, so it may take longer than 1 week for you to receive it. You will not lose any cash tho, as you will receive the accumulated value.

Say you get 500 as rent every week

Week 1: 500
Week 2: Unpaid
Week 3: 1000
Week 4: 500

kalarhan said:
denkar said:
Why are the rent of my cities listed as "Unpaid" in the budged report? Its killing my economy now.

hey @denkar

Rent is paid when your villagers get a chance to visit your center, so it may take longer than 1 week for you to receive it. You will not lose any cash tho, as you will receive the accumulated value.

Is this a new feature implemented in VC:RE?

If so, holy ****, that's awesome!

Asulador said:
kalarhan said:
denkar said:

hey @denkar

that is how it works on 1.04, we just added some helpful texts like the "Unpaid" to help explain the mechanism.

kalarhan said:
Asulador said:
kalarhan said:
denkar said:

hey @denkar

that is how it works on 1.04, we just added some helpful texts like the "Unpaid" to help explain the mechanism.

I see, thats interesting

The only problem is that with the amount of bandits that now roam around its poor villagers seem to have a rought time getting to the city.

denkar said:
kalarhan said:
Asulador said:
kalarhan said:
denkar said:

hey @denkar

I see, thats interesting

The only problem is that with the amount of bandits that now roam around its poor villagers seem to have a rought time getting to the city.
There are so many banditsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. That number of S is probably equivalent to how many groups of bandits i have fended off in a 30 day gametime.

Urban_Viking said:
There are so many banditsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. That number of S is probably equivalent to how many groups of bandits i have fended off in a 30 day gametime.

Bandits parties are balanced around game options (Campaign AI) and the player level+army size.

It starts with many small parties and slowly converts to few big parties, so by the time you are focusing mostly on lords (you have 100-300 soldiers) they will be less annoying, but they will still be there so you have stuff to kill  :smile:

we are collecting data on them. See this thread on how you can help with that (read the OP):
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,333383.0.html

Feedback on recruit costs

Hey guys. One of the main aspects we aim to balance is the overall cost related to recruiting and training a army.

• Upgrade your troops (T1 -> T2, and so on)
  • Wages
  • Recruiting mercenaries
  • Recruiting prisoners

Please share your experience on those topics. Thank you!

Ghostwish said:
Well i figured that the items your own troops steal from you should somehow be related to the economy :smile:

Is there a way to prevent them from doing so?

If you want to be a trader you can keep a smaller army and your goods will be safe.
If you have a big army (+70 troops) you will always have a chance of losing some valuables (it is a very small chance!).
In short, keep your army home (garrison, refuge, quarter) if you don't want them near your treasure  :smile:

thanks ....it was really painfull losing my ember and many other things ...........after all the poor monks and traders that had to die to gift me with them :smile:

Asulador said:
kalarhan said:
denkar said:

hey @denkar

If the place is looted or plundered it would say None like it used to be, otherwise the bastards haven't paid you yet (Unpaid)

I have been doing a lot of trading and I have to say I really like that you have a lot more opportunities to buy low and sell high.  Its not just a Friesia/Ribe/Norweg trade route but cruising through any area you can find good deals. I also like that its not just buying from villages and selling to cities, villages pay a nice price for ale and mead which some cities sell cheap. I do think that compared to cruising villages, the farmsteads are a pretty poor margin and are often times selling for more than I can resell, even with Agathinos trade skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom