[VC RE BETA] Feedback on Economy

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price for upgrading troop seems to have been made by a drunk man. they are like all 10 time too much.

just for norse:
basic city recruit: ~170
first upgrade ~200
second upgrade ~300

so its 800 for the equivalent of a veteran, and thats whitout calculating the godforsaken time to train them And the significant loss you incurr as you fight with them.

Comparatively i can hire a wandering groop of 20 viking for ~8000 with very little rep.

so whats the point of ever hiring? You have to pay the village leader/get the lord favor.
You have to come often to hire a decent group.
You have to train them for a huge amount of time.
You have to deal with significant loss even with lowly bandits.
And now you have to pay more for them than for any troops?

Why don't you just remove the ability to recruit from village.

zapbib said:
The price for upgrading troop seems to have been made by a drunk man. they are like all 10 time too much.

just for norse:
basic city recruit: ~170
first upgrade ~200
second upgrade ~300

so its 800 for the equivalent of a veteran, and thats whitout calculating the godforsaken time to train them And the significant loss you incurr as you fight with them.

Comparatively i can hire a wandering groop of 20 viking for ~8000 with very little rep.

so whats the point of ever hiring? You have to pay the village leader/get the lord favor.
You have to come often to hire a decent group.
You have to train them for a huge amount of time.
You have to deal with significant loss even with lowly bandits.
And now you have to pay more for them than for any troops?

Why don't you just remove the ability to recruit from village.

hey @zapbib, thank you for the feedback.

Upgrade cost for recruits: it is more expensive, but at the same time we made them easier to level up (XP). For example, you can train a group of recruits to T2 in a few days with training skill alone.
We also changed the causalities rate. That means your troops are alive longer and so you will need less recruits to replace them.

You do not need to recruit T1 troops. As you progress in the game and work your relations with villages and centers, you will recruit T2 and T3 troops from them. Pay attention to the special events and do quests if you want to boost your relation.

Refuge / castle training: with good training (your personal skill) you can train several units a week

Recruiting bandits: it costs reputation, so that means a player working his way to be a king will either have to give up on that over time or pay the diplomatic price: other factions will be less likely to accept alliances and peace with you.

If you are having trouble with XP you can now choose easier curves on the game options. You can also choose to get easy recruiting (no permission) and cheaper wages. It is up to you to define your game difficult and how it fits your playstyle

That being said: we are collection feedback on upgrades costs and the other forms of recruiting troops (prisoners, bandits) for balance

No im ok with the speed of training now, (thought i have to run beginner for it)

Its the cost that are too much. Why bother upgrading? All you named are alternate way so you don't actualy have to upgrade troop but rather buy them fully upgraded.

To get from elite spearmen to noble it cost 1k+ Thats a ridiculous amount of money. ill just recruit captured troop and be done with it.

zapbib said:
No im ok with the speed of training now, (thought i have to run beginner for it)

Its the cost that are too much. Why bother upgrading? All you named are alternate way so you don't actualy have to upgrade troop but rather buy them fully upgraded.

To get from elite spearmen to noble it cost 1k+ Thats a ridiculous amount of money. ill just recruit captured troop and be done with it.

don't worry  :wink:, like I said, this is a feature we are collecting feedback and data for balance changes

This seems like a bit of a bug. When you buy Jewelry from dorkstead the price hikes so high you can sell it back for a profit. Rise and repeat... hahaha

Just now in this game I bought it for 620, sold it back for 700, bought it for 600 and now I can sell it back for 690.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3u1d3s9omx78ro7/sg00.zip?dl=0

In my newest sandbox game, I'm into it well over 100 days, I'm Danmark's Marshall, I've conquered cities, raided countless villages, and I've accrued over 1000 renown, and even though I set troop wages to Beginner (-40%), I still can't afford to commission my first oak Busse (anything smaller is pointless due to my army size at this point, which is over 175; I actually need two of them).  Initially, I had used the "Travel to another Port" option to get onto Britannia and got friendly with Northhymbria so I could recruit in their towns, but now due to the fact that if I board an AI boat/ferry I will lose my marshallship, I'm kind of stuck until I can afford to have some boats made to see if having my own ships allows me to remain the marshall while on water.

My point behind this info. dump is I feel like raiding is too much of a grind now at the current RE levels.  We need more loot and/or coin from raiding villages again.  v1.04 seemed fine to me.  This new amount is far too low.  I'm having to work harder than in any past game to earn coin, and I actually have the wages lowered, which means it would be unimaginably difficult at default now.  I don't care to trade or own businesses, I've always managed to do just fine by raiding villages and looting enemy armies during wars, and I think that should be fine for those of us who don't care to exploit the peaceful economic options.  My philosophy is in any game, especially single player ones, that a player should be able to thrive doing the things they love to do, regardless of what that is, so long as they do enough of it, even if that means they're not taking advantage of everything.  The people that want to trade, invest heavily in businesses, and raid a lot should be the exception to the rule and not the scale used to balance the economy for everyone else whose interests are limited to fewer activities.

WilsonMG said:
I've always managed to do just fine by raiding villages and looting enemy armies during wars,
Looting villages is similar to 1.04, but you need to attack the ones that are rich. Any village with low prosperity will be a waste of arrows  :wink: . Remember you can sell slaves and cattle as well (you can bring cattle to a town mayor)

kalarhan said:
WilsonMG said:
I've always managed to do just fine by raiding villages and looting enemy armies during wars,
Looting villages is similar to 1.04, but you need to attack the ones that are rich. Any village with low prosperity will be a waste of arrows  :wink: . Remember you can sell slaves and cattle as well (you can bring cattle to a town mayor)

Oh, Hell, I didn't know you could sell the cattle, I'd still been slaughtering them and flooding the markets with beef LOL!  Thanks for the tip.  I'm still finding out new hidden features in VC every day and I've logged thousands of hours on the M&B series.

It would seem most Saxon and Pict villages are poor, because I'm lucky to get 20 coins and a couple 200+ value goods.  Throw in the fact that the villagers always fight you now, no matter the number of troops, and it becomes very grindy, very fast.

WilsonMG said:
Oh, Hell, I didn't know you could sell the cattle, I'd still been slaughtering them and flooding the markets with beef LOL!  Thanks for the tip.
visit a farmstead one of this days too (don't forget to bring some cattle)    :shifty:

and don't forget to talk to a friendly village elder  :mrgreen:

image.png
It lasts for several weeks. What am i doing wrong?

kalarhan said:
tariffs are a result of commerce, so your town is not getting traders. Clean your borders and make them safer  :smile:

Wouldn't it be extremely unlikely to get absolutely no caravans for several weeks in a row?

_t-ro.jpg
Watched these two caravans enter Mastiu, then this is next budget report.

Petro, are you using a 1.04 save too? That could be it.

kraggrim said:
No, it's a new game I started in RE 1.090.
By the way it has now been several months, I have destroyed all the lair of the Norwegian Vikings in the district, as well as some of the gang was able to find, but still do not get tariffs.

Petro Buleka said:
kraggrim said:
No, it's a new game I started in RE 1.090.
By the way it has now been several months, I have destroyed all the lair of the Norwegian Vikings in the district, as well as some of the gang was able to find, but still do not get tariffs.

post your savegame and I will add a logger to it  :wink:

-Started new game, sandbox, normal,
-created cheat character, looting, engineer, leadership, tactics 10
-used cheat menu to create berserker army.
-turned off cheat menu
-seiged this 'rich' castle normally
9izgM.jpg
-chose to 'devastate'
qtdMo.jpg
-0 peningas
-did the same with another rich castle
k0o-u.jpg
chose to 'sack'
JNaxW.jpg
-0 peningas

save file before attacking