B Tutorial 3D [VC] Customising Armours Tutorial

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah it was just the fur, not the animal skin, not sure why it did that since the armor changed over just fine. Probably copied it wrong or something, all the ones ive messed with since have been fine so far.

Alternative Wolf Skin
-0xOy.jpg
wHN6O.jpg
Download

Just extract it with 7zip or whatever then import it as a rigged mesh into your desired brf, then rename/replace as in the instructions in the first post. Can be used without the head part (or the fasteners) if desired.

Can we use this system to bring Brytenwalda's armors to VC? Or does it require some more work?

Essentially it's the same system but it would be more work. You'd also have to import the textures into the textures.brf and then re-create the materials in the materials.brf. Then I don't know how it would interact with the viking conquest bodies and things. You could try it with your favourite Bryt armour to see if it works out before doing it en masse.

I think there was a guy who already imported a lot of the Bryt armours into VC, you could search around the forum for his post and ask for advice.

How can I add, my new armor to the cheat menu? (I want to avoid replacing armor for at least one of them).

By the way, first armor, a pictish one (I didn't like one of them, so I decide to change it).

804596mb1.jpg

And, in fact, I found some armor to change (one gambison wich wasn't much my taste, and one scale armor, almost not use). So, here are the other armor I made.

First, the gambeson, Norse like. A costly gambison, for rich :p
704443mb2.jpg

Then, the armor, same color
569853mb3.jpg

Then, I just change the cape for this "naked armor"
944138mb5.jpg

Unfortunately modifying the range of the cheat menu items is a pain. Your best bet is to give your new armour a very high 'abundance' score and the 'merchandise' flag, then wait for it to show up in shops. That's if you don't want to replace an existing armour.

Hello kraggrim!

Nice tutorial but every time I try this, something always goes wrong or the game crushes, is it possible for you to make a youtube video tutorial as well?
I'm kind of an optical guy to understand things better, besides it would be best for funs of your work to experiment with it!!!  :smile:

Thanks!
Drax70

I know the last post on this was about 2 months ago but I was curious if there was any way to edit the dimensions in OpenBRF? As in, say if I wanted to move a cloak onto an armor set, I could do it thanks to your guide, but there would be some clipping between the cloak and the armor, is there any way I can just make the cloak dimensions a little larger as not to get clipping? Thanks.

There is, here's a quick guide rom the Openbrf creator on making these adjustments:

mtarini said:
Glad that the problem is fixed, but for future reference, another way to do that is :

1) SELECT both weapons, in this order:
    first the existing, working weapon and then your new one
    (keep ctrl pressed for multiple selections)

2) make sure the "View mode" is set to "Combo", so that you see the two things combined
    (at the bottom of OpenBrf windows),

3) now "Selected"--> "roto-translate-rescale...".
    This open a dialog.

4) check "apply to Last selected object only" (at the bottom of the dialog window)
    so that your rotation-translation will be applied only to the new weapon
    and the other one is kept where it is, for reference.

5) fiddle with the angles etc until the HANDLES of the two weapon match and the two weapons match in orientation

6) accept what you have done with OK

It's regarding a different item but should be applicable. Could be hard to make it look good with just roto-translate-rescale though, you mgiht need to make adjustments in a 3d modelling program.

i cant find my armor(created in openBRF) in Morgh's. I only used duplicated items to create it, and called it kings_armor. have i done something wrong or do i just not understand how to find it?

Aware that this is more of a problem with Open BRF itself than the topic of this nice little guide here,
but does anyone else have this problem where the example frame (or whatever you call it,) doesn't move a single frame unless you refresh it somehow,
whether that be by double clicking on an armour set and selecting a piece of it, or something along those lines?
Possible that this is intentional, and just a weird piece of design, but it doesn't seem to be. Could it be the build I'm using?
I'm just using the latest, 0.0.823. Is it my PC ****ing up? What do? Hopefully this makes sense. I'm not quite sure how to phrase it.

On my old computer I had problems with the viewing window thingy (I don't know what it's called either) using the newest version of OpenBRF, but the older version was fine. Both are fine in current pc, so it can vary. Try to get hold of the older version, see if it makes a difference. It's basically the same.

Btw what's your profile-pic from?

Back
Top Bottom