VBV_PW_RP Thread (Closed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Rasorath said:
Azrayel said:
Leroy's map, dammit!
I think Splintert's map is better. But if people want Leroy's map, I'll use Leroy's map.

Yes, but Leroy's map is the most agreed upon map. It has elements from VoS and AtR and a lot of elements that are completely its own. They come together to form the most agreeable map and should, therefore, be hosted to make the largest number of people happy.

Perhaps these assertions of it being crowd-pleasing are ill based, but I recall the general 3.5 crowd heaving a great sigh of relief when it came out.

Azrayel said:
Rasorath said:
Azrayel said:
Leroy's map, dammit!
I think Splintert's map is better. But if people want Leroy's map, I'll use Leroy's map.

Yes, but Leroy's map is the most agreed upon map. It has elements from VoS and AtR and a lot of elements that are completely its own. They come together to form the most agreeable map and should, therefore, be hosted to make the largest number of people happy.

Perhaps these assertions of it being crowd-pleasing are ill based, but I recall the general 3.5 crowd heaving a great sigh of relief when it came out.

I dont know what sigh of relief you witnessed but i feel like i never heard it xD

EDIT: guess il have to finish up the map terrain before i pack up my pc :razz:

Feel free to suggest events that can be done using The Lowlands map, ones that won't require a restart to do. Post your suggestions here, or contact me personally.

I was thinking somethign that invloves all that Lowlands have to offer. Economy, Warfare, Roleplay and exploring. Something that isn't set in stone, and no ridicilous admin interferances with "Wait 30 minutes to do something". More of a flowing event, with a main objective that can be reached in most availible ways.

Allowing the players to be creative, with little admin interferance. And an event that isn't "Ok, it's over, cya all".

Expedition for ancient scrolls with schemes of weapon (exploring), gathering resources and craftsman to make it (economy&politics), transporting it to special place where it can be made (warfare, protecting caravan), roleplaying during mission, roleplaying order/guards/anyone with reward.

As nearly every weapon is in one of castles, it could be admin armour, for example.

just thought id drop in and say

i think the server is pretty cool  :grin:

very little to no randomers

good players

and i guess i'll say it

good admins

Lowlands have been fixed, to prevent the same crashes that United suffred earlier. I'm not so sure United even got DDoSed. Kudos to Vornne and Splintert for helping out.

Might as well drop in and post.

I and others I know have been enjoying playing on the server, so I'm pushing my support for this server.  :smile:

@ Eragon
You said earlier today that the map was supposed to encourage trade - might I suggest something? It was an aspect to this that was annoying not only me, but other players based in the camp in the mountains.
Weapon stocks ran out fast, and there weren't any form of storage for resources - if you're going to force people to buy from towns and other castles, storage for the goods would be useful, would they not? Because as it is, you could buy 4 iron bars, make a sword or two, then you'll need to venture over the map again to get more.
If you had storage, players could purchase amounts, store them and allow the engineers to use them for later use.

Now, you'll probably say it's intended to be like that, but it's not always that enjoyable from a players point of view.

As for the lacking item chests, it is not an intended design, but merely something i oversaw.

However, i find that 99% of all chests are just filled with bull**** anyways. Rusty Swords, Hats etc, which is a pain to get rid of. There are quite a few carts and plenty of baskets and boxes that you can carry that i assure you will be much better used.

I could add the item chests, but they won't change anything.

Eragon91 said:
As for the lacking item chests, it is not an intended design, but merely something i oversaw.

However, i find that 99% of all chests are just filled with bull**** anyways. Rusty Swords, Hats etc, which is a pain to get rid of. There are quite a few carts and plenty of baskets and boxes that you can carry that i assure you will be much better used.

I could add the item chests, but they won't change anything.

Would probably be useful, especially in the tandcot outpost. Due to it's remoteness.

Playing as a faction there, is next to impossible, due to no log or iron ore stockpiles, which I guess is intended. But having some item chests would be very useful.

My personal suggestion is for the faction to organise together (Which is the key to all locations in Lowlands), get a cart. Travel to Laszloburg. Smelt tons of iron bars, put them in the cart and then sell them all in the Iron Bar storage in the camp. It would even be profitable for you. And bring some "modified" iron bars aswell, and leave them in the cart. Nobody is going to steal those anyways.

Wood isn't hard to come by.

Back
Top Bottom