Vassals not recruiting troops. How do vassals recruit troops?

Users who are viewing this thread

cina901

Recruit
Hi
You are now able to nominate companions as vassals.
PREMISE: I have financial stability through smithing and selling of weapons.
GOAL: Conquer all Calradia. Have companions with high tacticts/steward/leadership and assign them fiefs to run, in order for them to create parties of their own and support in an increasing man power. The more fiefs the more companions, the more parties, the more armies.
DRAMA: This is NOT the case: vassals (as ex companions) DO NOT form reasonable parties. They seem to be stuck in a loop in which they roam the lands, recruit a few troops and immediately deposit them in their holdings, but never reach a point in which nor the holding has enough garrison, nor they have a party. Its frustrating. I would have at least 6 parties ready to use, but instead I'm stuck at max 3 (companions I kept as not-vassals to run parties on their own).
CURRENT KINGDOM: Charas, Sargot, Penn Cannoc, Lageta and all castles in between, almost evenly split between me and 2 vassal clans, cities included. Difficulty: Bannerlod.
QUESTION: How do vassals recruit troops? What are the stats behind this? Number of fiefs? Influence/Tier of the clan?
Please, if anyone has some feedback it would be greatly appreciated, I just don't understand what to do and the frustration in seeing the "under 40%" description is driving me crazy. I'm stuck.
Thank you!

QUESTION: How do vassals recruit troops?
magic-meme.gif

I believe they follow the same rules as every other AI lord or?

Hey, yeah sure that is also what I thought. But apparently not.
Side not: we are spending 25k a day in tribute payments. Maybe that has to do with it? Basically, to start off my kingdom, I decalre war, conquer a city or castle then ask for peace paying tributes. This has been going on for a while (also another mechanic which has to be revised in my opinion, but this another topic) so we are now paying 25k (I personally have -12k per day).
Is it this?
Thank you!

Side not: we are spending 25k a day in tribute payments.
Yeah, you know that might be it. They may even be recruiting and then throwing out troops because there money drops lower when they pay, then recruiting more in an endless cycle.
Basically, to start off my kingdom, I decalre war, conquer a city or castle then ask for peace paying tributes
You should either do that BEFORE you make kingdom or not at all. Just focusing 1 faction down is better, once you have thier parties down just keep taking thier stuff, any new armies will come find you.

I would say go donate troops to thier garrisons if you're concerned maybe give them a little extra money, just like 5k or less, not more they probably waste it somehow. I just let them do it all on thier own though, they eventually make parties and armies fine....but then again I don't make my kingdom go into debt ;/

Charas, Sargot, Penn Cannoc, Lageta and all castles in between, almost evenly split between me and 2 vassal clans, cities included.
Why? Just give them 1 fief each, they don't have the intelligence to make use of more fiefs or more tax money or anything. See if you would defeat all those enemies instead of making peace you would get the influence to make a clan for each fief and be much stronger by now.

Yeah, you know that might be it. They may even be recruiting and then throwing out troops because there money drops lower when they pay, then recruiting more in an endless cycle.
Alright, so I'll just see what happens if I declare war to all kingdoms that Im paying tribute to (I'll just treat it as a test) and see if they start recruting.
You should either do that BEFORE you make kingdom or not at all. Just focusing 1 faction down is better, once you have thier parties down just keep taking thier stuff, any new armies will come find you.

I would say go donate troops to thier garrisons if you're concerned maybe give them a little extra money, just like 5k or less, not more they probably waste it somehow. I just let them do it all on thier own though, they eventually make parties and armies fine....but then again I don't make my kingdom go into debt ;/
What happens exactly if as independent I conquer a city or castle? How do I make "peace" if I don't have a kingdom? Pay out directly? This is so interesting can't believe I have not thought about this before...
I actually tried donating ALL my party to one of my vassals but nothing changed. So I fired him lol. "Give them a little extra money": how?!?! this would basically solve all my problems!!! I don't find any conversation chance or screen to do this!
Why? Just give them 1 fief each, they don't have the intelligence to make use of more fiefs or more tax money or anything. See if you would defeat all those enemies instead of making peace you would get the influence to make a clan for each fief and be much stronger by now.
Yeah but that would require to be good at the game which I am not! LOL! Jokes aside yeah sure, you are right. It's just that I was aiming to have a really huge and valuable force even by spending tons of money before actually enduring in a war, I still feel that after one loss the time to recover is huge so it's quite dangerous, just wanted to secure manpower before doing it.

Anyway thanks so much for your feedback, can't wait to hear from you the answers to my questions!
Thank you!

How do I make "peace" if I don't have a kingdom? Pay out directly? This is so interesting can't believe I have not thought about this before...
Yes, only as a solo clan you can pay directly to any lord of the faction to barter for peace and they cannot attack you again (until you're a kingdom).
I actually tried donating ALL my party to one of my vassals but nothing changed. So I fired him lol. "Give them a little extra money": how?!?! this would basically solve all my problems!!! I don't find any conversation chance or screen to do this!
Talk to him in the field and say "I've got proposition.." and it should give you the barter menu, you just give them money. I don't know for sure if it will make them recruit faster, but it's worth a try.

Hey, yeah sure that is also what I thought. But apparently not.
Side not: we are spending 25k a day in tribute payments.
That's your problem right there. Garrison limit is dictated by a budget and what keeps happening is that your parties can't pay the wages so they dump them in towns, they exceed budget, they disband. rinse and repeat.
You might want to consider going back to a previous save and focus one faction at a time. If that's too far back, you might consider installing the diplomacy mod for a guaranteed 100 day truce between wars.

Thanks so much, unfortunately the game doesn't provide details in this regard. Without you guys I would have never understood (only imagined).
" If that's too far back, you might consider installing the diplomacy mod for a guaranteed 100 day truce between wars." I wasn't aware of such a mod, I'll go check it out!
Plus: indeed, next campaign I'll focus on one faction at a time. Surely the most "safe" way to start. What happened was a rebellion in Charas, so that's where it all started... confident of the almost unlimited money that smithing provides (mechanic to be revised asap but this is another story) I thought I could handle it, but things got out of hand!

The vassals with no realms or just 1 castle or even a low prosperity town don't have a lot of money to spend.

They simply cannot recruit much.

Thanks so much, unfortunately the game doesn't provide details in this regard. Without you guys I would have never understood (only imagined).
" If that's too far back, you might consider installing the diplomacy mod for a guaranteed 100 day truce between wars." I wasn't aware of such a mod, I'll go check it out!
Plus: indeed, next campaign I'll focus on one faction at a time. Surely the most "safe" way to start. What happened was a rebellion in Charas, so that's where it all started... confident of the almost unlimited money that smithing provides (mechanic to be revised asap but this is another story) I thought I could handle it, but things got out of hand!
Well yeah. Diplomacy I use too, it's amazing. I even seen other factions go into rebellion and civil wars. I set the truce time to 84 days though (one in-game year) same for non aggression pacts. And the time between civil war ends and new rebels arise to 252 (3 in-game years) Especially with calradia expanded kingdoms.

Back
Top Bottom