Vassals/Lords dying in battles more often than in simulations

Users who are viewing this thread

Gadlaik

Recruit
In 1.5.4 playthrough I joined Sturgians with death enabled, fought really well, expanding kingdom yet I ended up giving up, not because Khuzaits were so strong back then or because Strugia was so weak but because up to 2-3 vassals/lords would die in a single battle which lead to my kingdom having the least number of alive nobles by far, followed by Khuzaits because I fought them the most. After few months I decided to play the game again in 1.5.8 with death not enabled but I soon realized that death was enabled for npcs, and again the same thing, game became unbeatable because my kingdom(Southern Empire) had 15 dead nobles, Khuzaits whom I fought the most had even more ( 18 ), while kingdoms that I didn't fight like Battania had 3, Vlandia 4, Aserai 5, Sturgia 4.

They don't die at all in simulated battle. Let them fight without you only, so you don't get them killed.
As for your enemies dying..... too bad so sad.
Edit: Wtf is with the profiles all of a sudden?

They don't die at all in simulated battle. Let them fight without you only, so you don't get them killed.
I think since 1.5.8 the death chances were evened out a bit. They seem to die at an even rate, but still the chances of death are too high where too many lords die out before the generation of kids arrives, leading to clans getting wiped out prematurely.

I also noticed lords dying in Battles at a much higher ratio than in auto-resolve and made a post about it. The factions you play would have less lords than distant ones and trigger a snowball for them late game.

Check date.

I think since 1.5.8 the death chances were evened out a bit. They seem to die at an even rate, but still the chances of death are too high where too many lords die out before the generation of kids arrives, leading to clans getting wiped out prematurely.

I also noticed lords dying in Battles at a much higher ratio than in auto-resolve and made a post about it. The factions you play would have less lords than distant ones and trigger a snowball for them late game.

Check date.
Have you read a patch note saying they changed it so they die in auto-resolve/simulated battles? I cannot find a patch note and am not aware of anyone dying in simulation. Lord can die of old age though.

Have you read a patch note saying they changed it so they die in auto-resolve/simulated battles? I cannot find a patch note and am not aware of anyone dying in simulation. Lord can die of old age though.
lords don´t die in simulations. no patch notes say that and in my experience it never happened. but playing the game in simulations only seems like killing the few remaining fun in the game. i prefer to reload if battles turn out too dramatic (12 dead lords in one battle for example)

lords don´t die in simulations. no patch notes say that and in my experience it never happened. but playing the game in simulations only seems like killing the few remaining fun in the game. i prefer to reload if battles turn out too dramatic (12 dead lords in one battle for example)
Yeah its unfortunate. After double checking it turns out that this issue still isnt fixed.

Strange because it seems like a simple fix to just add a small chance of lords dying in battle in simulations.

Yeah its unfortunate. After double checking it turns out that this issue still isnt fixed.

Strange because it seems like a simple fix to just add a small chance of lords dying in battle in simulations.
They've said that they going to at some point and also lower the % of dying in battle too, so it's 2% chance IIRC when a lord is defeated, but not solid info on when they will make changes.... as usual.

Ive noticed the lord's seem far more likely to die if they have recently been knocked out in a previous battle, or aren't at full health (based on my own health percentage). Same for enemy lords, I seem to get way more kills on enemy lords if I have caught them fresh out of another battle. I've save scummed this too to try and kill lone lords ive been tracking for ages, and they just get knocked constantly, even when I slam them with a couch lance.

Maybe not with player but I think they do die in battle with each other, or something at least kills them. I keep seeing "so and so was lost" message appear and am assuming they die in battle or something.

Maybe not with player but I think they do die in battle with each other, or something at least kills them. I keep seeing "so and so was lost" message appear and am assuming they die in battle or something.
if it says "being lost", it refers to notables who die of old age, bug out or what ever. nobles "die in battle" or "of old age". these are the messages you get

if it says "being lost", it refers to notables who die of old age, bug out or what ever. nobles "die in battle" or "of old age". these are the messages you get
LOST is a notable who's power dropped too low leaving the game. A new notable will be generated randomly eventually if there's less then 3 (I think).
When they die of old age it will say "so and so has passed their family will remember them ", Womanz can also die in child birth
Maybe not with player but I think they do die in battle with each other,
No they DO die in live battle with the player..... I already explained it......
Nobody dies in simulated battles EVER, they haven't added that to game yet.... they will someday but....I already explained that too.

This topic is going full reddit mode lol

LOST is a notable who's power dropped too low leaving the game. A new notable will be generated randomly eventually if there's less then 3 (I think).
When they die of old age it will say "so and so has passed their family will remember them ", Womanz can also die in child birth

No they DO die in live battle with the player..... I already explained it......
Nobody dies in simulated battles EVER, they haven't added that to game yet.... they will someday but....I already explained that too.

This topic is going full reddit mode lol
Yeah like I said I just see it says "lost" in message I didn't know why. Which is why I said "or something". Anyway that probably means OPs point is an even bigger problem.

I think this could be fixed kinda like how Total War does it, when the family tree is getting thinned out they adopt or otherwise raise a commoner into the family. Also marriages will probably help, which based on another post I've seen they haven't gotten around to it yet.

Back
Top Bottom