vassal in my army has no gear, how can i gear him? he is NOT related

Users who are viewing this thread

RodLimitless

Recruit
ive this dude in my army a vassal apparently, but he has like, no dad or nothing. and he has 0 armor he keeps getting 1 shot by a rock in battle.

any way i can gift him a mailpiece or something ?? i tried trading but it wont let me trade him goods. any way i can like adopt him as a brother or something LOL? he has very decent statshttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/197489226227384320/1017315480400298006/unknown.png

same thign with this guy im asuming theyre related. like they just recently becamse 18 i think, and vassals that can be employed. idk if its a bug that they start with 0 armor. like those tunics are their fighting gear
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/197489226227384320/1017315671111114812/unknown.png

Try to give him few gold coins. Maybe his brain-dead AI will tell him to go and buy some decent gear. Maybe my memory fails me on this (more then decade ago) in original M&B my companions were able to auto-equip themselves from the loot I left after battle. Don't know why it is not implemented now. It would make sense also from historical point of view, where there was always loot sharing after battle. Of course the leader would take the best chunk of it, but also his captains and soldiers would get their fair share.

Maybe my memory fails me
sadly, it did. this is a mod thing.

although you are correct that if he gave his lord enough money, he'll equip himself.
lords sell their equipment when they're low on money.

No you can't do anything about it, they won't change their gear and spawning with weird or missing gear is a bug that comes up with kids growing up sometimes for the AI. HOWEVER it's possibly the encyclopedia is showing them in their civ gear, which it also does for many lord with lower skills or who are young (not sure the exact reason) and this later will change to battle armor shown.

But on the plus side, even if they have no gear it doesn't matter to the AI auto calc at all, only level and if has horse or not matters. Imean besides, have you ever seen an AI lord do anything good in battle anyways?

sadly, it did. this is a mod thing.

although you are correct that if he gave his lord enough money, he'll equip himself.
lords sell their equipment when they're low on money.
Is this true? I've never seen or heard of this happening before. I've never seen anyone change the gear they spawned in unless I took it off them myself.

i'm not clicking your discord link
Oh no you get in there it's STR time (I'm assuming because it discord)

Last edited:
It might be that these youngsters NPCs dont have battle template assigned to them? Should be inside NPCCharacter xml file. Cant verify, away from my PC 🤔

Back
Top Bottom