SP - Quests Variation in quest-rewards

Users who are viewing this thread

I´d like to see other rewards than only money. How about some quests instead reward with:
  • Rawmaterial from landowners(what the village produce)
  • Trade-goods from artisans(depending on what workshops (s)he has)
  • Trade-goods that the town has alot of(merchants)
  • Skilled companion(all)
  • Better recruits(all)
  • Recruits from noble-tree at reduced price(all)
  • Opportunities(Nobles)
Money is very conveniant ofc.
And often what a player needs. So the potential reward for the player probably needs to increase.

When delivering rawmaterial or tradegoods as a reward to the player, it could come with a trade-opportunity. "Thank you! Here, take my 5 cows. You can sell them at good profit in <Town>."

Companions is special, as you do not allways have a spot for them. They can be usual monetary quest with an option - if you have space, to pick up a charchter introduced during the quest as companion instead of monetary reward.

Opportunities can be everything from pure infuense to offering a marriage to you or a relative to noble recruits

Yes! It could actually give a player a chance to get som skill in trade as well, without going all in trader, if the goods could be counted as "bought to a good price". IE for a good with normal availability and demand is worth 20 denars, quest i valued to 1000 denars, you don't recieve 50 units but 67, meaning it counts as get them for 75% of the price. That´s 15 denars/unit. Together with a trading opportunity this gives you a chance to
1. Get more than 1000 denars
2. Chance to get a skillpoint or 2 in trade(if you get xp for trading....) and maybe introducing you to the trading profession..!
3. Immerse with the game. You need to detour to make the profit, facing new challenges and opportunities.
4. ..or a cheap good that you need. Food for your army, metal for your Smithing etc.

Back
Top Bottom