**Varena** - weekly events (next one: none)

Users who are viewing this thread

Note from Varena's event organizer (10.10.2020): since long-term populating has yielded much better results than short-term events, I decided to cancel the weekly events until further notice, if ever. It is time to focus solely on Deathmatch and establish it as an only pillar of the server. The events will remain cancelled in the foreseeable future, because their impact on the actual playerbase was scarce. They might be reinstated soon, but no guarantees are to be made.

Weekly events on Varena

V.jpg

Next event:
  • Date: none; events cancelled until further notice,​
  • Time zone: Central European Summer Time (CEST), that is Greenwich Mean Time plus one hour (GMT +1),​
  • Exact hour: at 20:00 the event map will be set, so that players may download it beforehand and sightsee it; punctually at 20:10 the event starts,​
  • Game mode: Battle (no need to register before),​
  • Server: **Varena** renamed to **Vevent**,​
  • Slot number limit: 42,​
  • Module: Native with NeoGK,​
  • Password: there will be none,​
  • Venue/ location: Virgin Island by Veledentella (Battle version)
    VI3.jpg
Rules and settings:
  • Starting gold: 2800,​
  • Number of rounds: depends upon the playerbase's activity and turnout,​
  • Equipment is not regulated; everyone can equip everything as long as they possess enough gold,​
  • Master of the Field flags always spawn in the center of the map, so that each team's distance to them will always be equal. It is wise to sometimes secure the middle area as first,​
  • Friendly damage: 100% to oneself,​
  • General rules: picking up items is allowed; cheating is not.​
List of previous events (with the current one written in bold):
  1. 08.08.2020, Battle,
  2. 15.08.2020, Battle,
  3. 22.08.2020, Friendly and peaceful competition,
  4. 29.08.2020, Battle,
  5. 05.09.2020, Battle,
  6. 12.09.2020, Battle,
  7. 19.09.2020, Battle,
  8. 26.09.2020, Battle,

Last edited:
Thank you, everyone who attended the event, for participating in our small and collective endeavor! There was a peak of six players playing at the same time on Varena, so not many people turned up, but no problem. Digits do not matter to me that much, as some things cannot be measured with them. Fun was important and I hope that next event will draw many warriors to same place and that we all will enjoy battling with larger amounts of people.

Our next event shall take place exactly in a week, on 15.08.2020. It will be an iteration of today's battle which transpired in Beacon Isle Fort. The thread containing all the useful information has been updated. If the fortune blesses us, then more players will join Varena in order to slay some enemies and fight for glory.

Again, I would like to thank everyone who showed up on Varena today. As it was (and still is) summertime, many prospective attendees might have been on vacation, therefore not many people joined the event taking place today. As the server is still growing, I expect more warriors to participate in events in the future. I anticipate that new players will join our weekly gatherings when the summer holidays are over. Nonetheless, I am thankful to anyone that contributed to Varena having a peak of six players at some point today. I hope that soon we will escape from the threshold of having six players at maximum on Varena and enjoy events to a greater extent.

Our next event shall take place exactly in a week, on 22.08.2020. The event formula will be announced soon and for this time being, slot number, venue and game mode are bearing the tag "TBA", which means "to be announced". The thread containing all the useful information will be updated and new post settling the unsettled will be written. If the fortune blesses us, then more players will join Varena in order to slay some enemies and fight for glory.

Saturday is in two days, so it is time to finally clarify the event formula. Slot number limit stays the same as it was previously.

This event will be exceptional and one of its kind. Probably it will be a one-time event, as in the future - when the server is more populated - it will not be possible to repeat the event's proceedings. It will be a throwing contest with javelins thrown as missiles (instead of darts, as risen difficulty level). Game mode will be Team Deathmatch with contestants in Team 1 and me in Team 2, as the event's master. There will be no automated forced balance. Attendees will be throwing javelins a little bit farther from the visible line. There will be initial limit of five missiles thrown. I will time players and allot them 20 seconds to empty their bag of javelins. This span might be adjusted to cover more or fewer throws.

Throwing-Event.jpg

Scores:
  1. 5 points for red board hit,
  2. 4 points for yellow board hit,
  3. 3 points for green board hit,
  4. 2 points for purple board hit,
  5. 1 point for blue board hit.

Last edited:
I would like to acknowledge everyone's presence on Varena during last Saturday's event. Competition was meant to be peaceful amid friendly ambience, which in turn was intended to be created by a tightly-knit group of people. Said gathering was conceived to be comprised of players who had already been aware of the server, so that they could know about the entire event and its formula, which would be later shared by me. Since there had not been many warriors joining my previous events, I thought that fewer than six people would connect to Varena. Reality proved otherwise. Before anticipated date of the contest's commencement, some amicable and responsive people joined the server. They had practiced some throwing in the warm-up, but when time came to the real competition in Tavern Brawl, then that scene's name reflected well the outcome of what was unfolding therein. Well-organized and planned tournament was turned into an impromptu and unplanned brawl, full of blood-thirsty people that joined Varena with no prior knowledge of the event's formula acquired beforehand. I had had to lock the server with a password and the throwing competition started when all remaining fighters left Varena. The tourney itself was pretty fun and successful, due to it being friendly and sort of innovative. As I already explained, I had not expected that many people to come, therefore there had been a problem with enforcing order without resorting to severe measures, like kicks. All previous events had been attended by a few players, so I anticipated similar turnout. Maybe next event of the same kind will be restricted and a password will be distributed on Discord and on TaleWorlds forum, so that the knowledgeable ones will be procured with access to the contest. I apologize to people who could not make it to the tourney with no password, to players that fought alone against ruly contestants and were thinking that some form of teaming occured, as well as to ones that left before it started.

throw1.jpg

throw2.jpg

Our next event shall take place this week, on 29.08.2020. With that many people who recently joined Varena, there is a chance that my own server is more known and any event will be met with more attention. Therefore, I would like to attempt to host another Battle event akin to ones that transpired previously in Beacon Isle Fort. I hope that it will be first time of this scene enjoying many warriors' presence. I did not have much leisure time to invest into making another event battleground, as I focused on completing the already-started ones. The thread containing all the useful information has been updated. If the fortune blesses us, then more players will join Varena in order to slay some enemies and fight for glory.

This week's event witnessed the lowest turnout of players, out of ones organized by me. Notwithstanding this fact, I am still joyful that I managed to make it happen. After a period of intensive dueling in Beacon Isle Fort, I could do only one thing - change the event's formula to a personalized sightseeing tour! All scenes were beheld and there will be many more added to Varena soon. I will be persistent in turning my server into the best one in Native Warband, therefore I will not give up on my journey. I will not forsake Varena's followers and surrender to the overwhelming lack of people playing on it (when juxtaposed with other servers' stable population based on players' years-long habits). People do not even imagine that there is a server like Varena, which is better than anything else in Warband Native, as they are accustomed to boredom, unbalance and stalemate of other servers. I hope that the turning point is upon us; my persistence will reinforce the future of Varena.

Our next event shall take place exactly in a week, on 05.09.2020. It will be identical to today's battle which was fought in Beacon Isle Fort. I hope that the above-mentioned scene will finally witness more people stepping on its soil and battling others. The thread containing all the useful information has been updated. If the fortune blesses us, then more players will join Varena in order to slay some enemies and fight for glory.

Today, the playerbase's turnout proved to be average - when juxtaposed with that at other events - but I am not succumbing to a lack of new people joining Varena's unusual battles! There will be more of them transpiring on said server on Saturdays, therefore it is time to partake in them!

Our next event shall take place exactly in a week, on 12.09.2020. It will be identical to today's battle which was fought in Beacon Isle Fort. I hope that the above-mentioned scene will finally witness more people stepping on its soil and battling others. The thread containing all the useful information has been updated. If the fortune blesses us, then more players will join Varena in order to slay some enemies and fight for glory.

On previous Saturday, the event's formula was modified to satisfy Varena's guests. Another sightseeing tour took place and it was possible to behold magnificent landscapes and witness achievements of urban planning. Visitors enjoyed the variety of Varena's scenes, which could also be viewed from spectator mode. When it was coming to an end, more people commenced to connect to the server. New battle ensued, which reflected the departure from peace to war.

Our next event shall take place today, on 19.09.2020. The announcement has been delayed until now, in order to see if people reading this thread will join Varena almost instantly before the above-mentioned Battle transpiring. It will take place on a brand-new battleground - on Virgin Island. Said place will better accomodate a few players (at least), so that no one will have to waste time on approaching an enemy from large distances. The thread containing all the useful information has been updated. If the fortune blesses us, then more players will join Varena in order to slay some enemies and fight for glory.

Thank you, everyone who joined Varena's Battle event and its Deathmatch incarnation on last Saturday. Battle is an umbrella term that does not reveal the exact number of attendees or gamemode appropriate to the gameplay. For the latter, it was more of Duel than Battle, but it was alright. Perhaps it is time to ponder events' planning and think about adjusting the date on which they always take place. Any modifications to the formula will be announced in advance. Maybe Varena will branch out to other modules as well.

Our next event shall take place this week, on 26.09.2020. Its settings and properties will match those of the last one's. Everyone is rather familiar with them, so there is no need to reiterate them. The thread containing all the useful information has been updated. If the fortune blesses us, then more players will join Varena in order to slay some enemies and fight for glory.

Back
Top Bottom