**Varena** - new Deathmatch server for Native with NeoGK

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As September commenced its reign all over the world, it is time to settle after months of holidays, be it voluntary or forced by the pandemics. I would like to assure everyone that I am not on vacations either (and have never been in 2020), so that I might work hard towards my project in terms of scening. That being said, another battleground reinforced Varena's rotation, so that the server has been more complete with it ever since. This work of art is by far the largest scene to have ever been added to Varena, which is also suitable for many players. Seeming disadvantage of the overall size of Rainy day in May is nullified by players' equal distance to the center from their respective spawns, as well as by well-tailored room in each of city's layers. Spacious buildings are situated densely, therefore they make up for a large part of the scene. Circumference of the outer layer is big, as it constitutes the battleground's boundary. Nonetheless, it is a guarantee that players will find themselves with enough room to conduct their bloody business without being restricted by vast plains and meadows. Rainy day in May is a month-themed scene (the likes of it will be released soon) and it brings warriors to a Rhodok urban area. Weather is typical for the season and raining occurs pretty frequently in Rhodok territories in May. Sundial is a centerpiece of the scene, which might be seen by visitors. Everyone can behold it and notice its beauty; same goes for the surroundings. People might sightsee them, as they explore the site, which is temporarily dead due to massive rain pouring from gray sky. Mist engulfs the skyline, which is obliterated. Crops - on the other hand - are nourished, and their strength might be attributed to the significant amount of water they are constantly getting. Players might roam around the area and spot small Rhodok businesses like oil press, wine press, brewery and so on. There are also many enterprises operating, like a shop with textiles, a one with weapons, an armorer's place, a shop with edible goods, a business with metalworks. There are also facilities like a guard's post, or a stand belonging to some person selling wooden commodities. Warriors might fully immerse themselves in a place of artisans and ordinary inhabitants, as well as traverse each city layer in search of fight.

Rainy day in May by Veledentella
RdiM1.jpg

RdiM2.jpg

RdiM3.jpg

RdiM4.jpg

RdiM5.jpg

RdiM6.jpg

RdiM7.jpg

RdiM8.jpg

RdiM9.jpg

RdiM10.jpg

RdiM11.jpg

RdiM12.jpg

RdiM13.jpg

RdiM14.jpg

RdiM15.jpg

RdiM16.jpg

RdiM17.jpg

RdiM18.jpg

Another new scene was added to Varena recently. It is of medium size and I would wager that it is a perfect well-rounder (literally too!), optimal for always-changing server population throughout the day. Be it a morning, an evening or a night, all people will find this scene fitting perfectly into the gameplay, regardless of actual player count. The Epicenter is a masterwork, which brings warriors to a city under an aerial strike. As a bomber plane might be spotted high above from the distance, its payload is definitely more visible and conspicuous! Even more - it actually is laying waste to the entire site, because the scene takes place in a split second before an atomic explosion! The very location will either evaporate, turn into dust, flames, ash, fumes and ruins or withstand the heat and fallout. But none of the previously mentioned fates will ever happen to players. They will share neither aftermath of the attack with the city; they may just behold the surroundings. It is deep at night, but flash caused by the bomb brightens the entire area, so that lighting penetrates warriors' soft tissues, but it still enables them to see normally. People may notice that The Epicenter is comprised of many perfectly-circular rings that surround the ground zero. From fire to heat, steaming ruins and vaporized plants - visitors may notice effects of the attack, apart from usual scenery. Beyond the epicenter people may see that prior to strike and detonation of an atomic mass, common life was not disrupted. Attributes of everyday life might be beheld in an outer layer of the scene; they are ranging from trade commodities to non-commercial items. One thing is certain - no one will eventually hide from the destructive force. Everyone in the end will be vanquished. But it is time to forget about that fate and just enjoy last split seconds of everyone's existence. Face your destiny by playing on this battleground and on the server itself! Do not attempt to hide from Varena!

The Epicenter by Veledentella
TE1.jpg

TE2.jpg

TE3.jpg

TE4.jpg

TE5.jpg

TE6.jpg

TE7.jpg

TE8.jpg

TE9.jpg

TE10.jpg

TE11.jpg

TE12.jpg

TE13.jpg

TE14.jpg

TE15.jpg

Another scene joined Varena today, as it also complemented the previously mentioned server in terms of variety of battlegrounds. It is of medium size and suitable for an average population of players throughout the day. This work of art is also geometrical and one may notice that each quarter is identical to each other. Atomized Barracks are a military compound located in a Khergit city, which in turn is situated in Upper Steppe. Said settlement lies nearby to mountains that constitute a natural border with Vaegirs. Due to terrain elevation - all covered in snow - being in its vicinity, that Khergit city is subjected to colder weather with higher humidity values and likelihood of being engulfed in fogs. This fortified place is still under construction, as cranes aid in erecting buildings. In the heart of that very place, there is a military facility that gives soldiers a place to live when they are not fighting for their homeland. The above-mentioned barracks are surrounded with three rings of walls in order to be protected in full. City guards are also garrisoned in there, in addition to conscripts and recruits of their own volition. Said barracks are contained within a square, which was divided into four quarters. Each one has nine buildings within its boundaries; the complex is therefore comprised of thirty-six atomized structures. Roads between them are ordered, so there is no possibility of getting lost due to sheer nature of reasonable urban planning. There are four main roads underneath awnings and pole marks the meeting place of them and makes up for the site's center. This compound was built very quickly, as the military has always been in need of having almost instantly-built facilities. Planning went smoothly and execution also turned out to be brilliant. Armed forces prize having low costs, therefore organization is essential. When something needs to be introduced, it has to be effectively identical. For instance, horsemen's equipment - when created in bulk - must meet regulated guidelines of creation, so that costs are cut. Instead of receiving shields with various diameters, all horsemen will get similar equipment for the sake of uniformization and reducing expenses. As far as the initial topic is concerned, instead of building large and expensive barracks, Khergits settled for erecting atomized ones, composed of identical buildings. Erecting them went fast and formulaic, so that costs were cut. Players might be exposed to this Khergit achievement of urban planning and visit the location. They may harvest crops, practice their fighting abilities and chop wood. Warriors can fight there, but they will not get lost; they will battle others on a balanced battleground. Some people may also visit keep that stores an unusual amenity; it is a fantasy twist interwoven by me into the scene. Said structure is comprised of a big heat-resistant bowl, in which magical blue powder is melted. The chemical reaction produces a blue flame that provides that keep with lighting and warm ambience.

Atomized Barracks by Veledentella
AB1.jpg

AB2.jpg

AB3.jpg

AB4.jpg

AB5.jpg

AB6.jpg

AB7.jpg

AB8.jpg

AB9.jpg

AB10.jpg

AB11.jpg

AB12.jpg

AB13.jpg

AB14.jpg

AB15.jpg

New scene was added to Varena today. It is a small-sized battleground suitable for as little as a few players. The more of them, the merrier, but even a couple of warriors will not have trouble with approaching each other, as distances will never be significant. Virgin Island is one of many remote places in the sea which borders Rhodok and Sarranid lands. Located far from the coastline, it is a solitary area that can be accessed with naval means of travel. Warm weather is prevalent in the isle's vicinity and said place's flora reflects well the climate. Plants growing on nourished soil are resistant to heat and they are able to expand their roots farther from their initial location. Virgin Island, as its name implies, has not seen any human beings stepping ashore and upsetting the natural balance. Nature itself is intact, as no person has ever landed on the island's shore and begun to take advantage of limited resources. Mankind's needs and will to expand its growth has not yet been noticed by the island's nature; maybe fortune will protect that place from interlopers for centuries to come. Apparently, people have made their way to the island. However, all they can do is fight and sightsee the surroundings. They might behold rock formations, a beautiful cascade waterfall, palms, bushes and many things more! They might end up witnessing what was lost in places under mankind's rule.

Virgin Island by Veledentella
VI1.jpg

VI2.jpg

VI3.jpg

VI4.jpg

VI5.jpg

VI6.jpg

VI7.jpg

VI8.jpg

VI9.jpg

VI10.jpg

Yet another scene was uploaded to Varena today. It is unique in comparison to its predecessors, because it is reskin (the so-called visual and cosmetic modification) of a Native map labelled as "Battle on Ice". Due to the fact that terrain's shape was not modified at all - in order to preserve the original scene's battleground - visitors may feel the "already-seen" effect. Some features of Battle on Ice have been retained and some even were expanded to entertain Varena's guests. The scene is of same size as its foundation, which was made by TaleWorlds. Battle on Rice(fields) introduces people to the ricefields on which they may fight. The sheer purpose of the facility is to cultivate semi-aquatic crops in it; these edible goods are to be sold for gold or exchanged for other commodities. There is a wooden fort, which serves as a permanent settlement for workers, in addition to many other buildings in the structural basin. Players may explore the site to see the instruments of trade that contribute to local economy. From ricefields, a shop, a butcher's shed and a stable, to an out-of-order mine and a tavern. The latter facility is located on the ship, so that workers after a long day of work can rest, talk or spend their time together when drinking beverages or eating food. Players may enter the mine, of which corridors and narrow passages serve as a warehouse containing valuable resources. There are also plants growing on the soil, siege machines placed to protect the territory that can be manned quickly, guardsmen's posts and so forth. Everyone might behold the detailed surroundings and witness mastery of terrain editing. Even more scenes will soon be added to Varena, so do not hesitate to finally step onto its grounds of glory.

Battle on Rice by Veledentella
BoR1.jpg

BoR2.jpg

BoR3.jpg

BoR4.jpg

BoR5.jpg

BoR6.jpg

BoR7.jpg

BoR8.jpg

BoR9.jpg

BoR10.jpg

BoR11.jpg

BoR12.jpg

BoR13.jpg

BoR14.jpg

BoR15.jpg

BoR16.jpg

BoR17.jpg

BoR18.jpg

BoR19.jpg

I am thrilled to announce that Varena has moved to a new server! Its name remains as it was previously, with some features and mechanics also staying the same. This does not mean, however, that everything has not been enhanced at all. A number of things have been vastly improved, including, but not limited to item statistics, overall balance of power, new scripts, new maps, calculation of module values and so forth. Even more options will be added in the foreseeable future, when a mysterious masterwork will be unveiled to the public. Said "item" will be comprised of assembled lines of code, which will elevate Varena even to a higher degree quality-wise. I advise people, who joined the old server in the past, to add another instance of **Varena** to their favorites if they have not done so. I also encourage others to stay with my own project for longer. See you all on there!

Varena-removal.png

Looking forward to exploring the new server!
Thank you! Let the new one be even better than its predecessor, which ended its operation - exactly four months after its ultimate inception - on 23.11.2020. A new era in Varena's history has been ushered in, so be invited to experience it. See you on there!

Varena's channel on Discord

The main thread and its derivative posts have been updated with essential information, which changed with Varena's removal to a new server. All modifications have been included and described accordingly with the prevalent state of affairs.

Last edited:
good luck with the server! sadly I play on NA so I cant hop on.

Thank you for your kind wishes! Even though Varena will be shut down in a matter of hours, its legacy will live on in its maps, solutions and scripts. They all will eventually be shared with the world, so that their splendid quality will be experienced long after the end of Varena's reign. I am pretty sure you will come across them sooner or later; they will make their way to your continent of origin too.

The last scene was added to Varena today. It is the same lobby in which players were welcomed in July 2020, right after the server had started its reign. Said place seems to be undergoing a refurbishment after a period of exploitation, as well as a major clean-up as its ownership is removing to another place. Items and possessions of Varena's people are packed and prepared for removal. Lamps are dismantled and only one chandelier with a few candles provide light in an otherwise dark hall; only windows are the other source of natural lighting. Brooms and tools are essential for bringing the place to a state of being almost intact. Everything will soon be ready to go, as Varena has entered its last stage of reign. It is beautiful that said server's history ends where it started. Varena's cycle of life is complete, but its legacy will live on for an eternity to come!

Farewell to Varena by Veledentella
FtV1.jpg

FtV2.jpg

FtV3.jpg

FtV4.jpg

Thank you for capturing this footage. I still remember that unfortunate throwing event which turned out to be a chaotic brawl, very suitable for the map and its name. After some time, however, the competition resumed and ended in a peaceful environment.

The server will be revived for the duration of one month as there is quite a sizeable group of people who encouraged me to do so; I will see then what happens next past that point. I am now modifying Varena's module and patching my scenes out. Probably the server will be up and running today in the evening. It will be joined by Camelot - a different server of mine - that might need some more time to set up. Feel free, everyone, to join them both! This thread will be locked, as it is no longer needed. See you on the fields of glory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom