B Dark Ages Valkyrja - Tier6 Infantry and Sturgia Troop Rework

Users who are viewing this thread

I didn't think it made sense that their wasn't any T6 Infantry in the game, so I decided to add it.
I thought that with so many female warriors among the nobility of Sturgia surely there should be more among the commoners.
I personally didn't like the Varyag
(Varangians{Vikings}) upgrading into Druzhinnik(essentially Kievan Rus Noble retinue), so I separated them(and gave the Russians a T5 Infantry).
I tried my best to equally represent the Russian and Norse aspects of the faction in the basic troop tree with males and females for both, each having their own unique cavalry
(Heavy shock and Light skirmish), and both having their own unique infantry units(Vaegir-esque markswomen and Imperial trained Væringjar).
I thought, most sadly of all, that my boys the Berserkers got SHAFTED so I moved them to the Noble troop tree and gave them armor
("Snorri Sturluson interpreted the meaning as "bare-shirt", that is to say that the warriors went into battle without armor, but that view has largely been abandoned"). While they are BEASTLY melee infantry I did keep their stats and armor in line with the other Noble troops as well as deciding to give them the downside of not having a ranged weapon(for balance).

Back
Top Bottom