Valandia VS Khazait

Users who are viewing this thread

The problem with Valandia army tree is NO Horse Archers!!!!!
and Valandia army is most made of infantry and bowman, it's moving so slow in the campaign map
when Valandia army meet Khazait horse army , it's almost guaranteed slaughtered failure

the Bowman shoot too slow, and only have 20 bolt, while horse archers have 2 bags of arrows, 48 arrows in total and with horse speed
Valandia Bowman barely kills any horse archers

how are you guys handle this situation>???

how are you guys handle this situation>???
Charge their horse archers with melee cav so they scatter. The HAs are (individually) incredibly inaccurate and so they won't hit a damned thing while scattered. Also their AI is stupid as hell, so it will periodically swing into melee for no apparent reason and die.

Well as an Imperial player who while having access to the Buccellarii.. There's just the issue of them being t5 horse archers and just as crucially for armies.. The AI is terrible at getting any larger number of them so in larger engagements they don't really matter. Yet i can still beat Khuzait armies with some regularity.

In the end it boils down to tactics and understanding, including that the AI has some predictable patterns with it's horse archers you can exploit.

When it comes to engaging the Khuzait if possible fight in wooded or mountainous terrain.. or at least hilly. Baiting them into any kind of rough terrain makes the horse archers much slower and also messes with AI pathing and makes it a lot easier for the important thing.. Once they're entangled in something. And they will typically get entangled in something. You charge with the infantry and slaughter them. It's all about timing, but in the end, bait them in and then charge the bastards.

Having a good amount of ranged troops does help too though, especially crossbowmen as their shots are more accurate and do more damage per shot. A tip there is besides having roughly a 50/50 split of infantry and ranged troops is to place the ranged troops (in this case crossbowmen) on the wings of the infantry. Besides opening up for crossfire for units caught charging your infantry head on.. It also seems to bait in the horse archers to charge at the infantry and get tangled up on the archers... at which point, charge.. Plus Crossfire is even better for catching horse archers.

But in general i find the Khuzait are fairly susceptible to a well timed massed charge. You can't do this against other armies. But if you time it correctly and just go all ham. You just snowball the Khuzaits and they never stabilize.

At least that's my findings as an imperial army commander against the Khuzaits so far.

really? 20 bolts is nothing, not to mention how slow it is,
with horse archers moving speed and firing speed,
sharp shooter is like useless
Just pull them back to edge of the map and HA can't get behind them, then just point them at them as they get stuck on the side. You can even put t4-5 xbows in a sperate formation and make them SW and move them into the HA pile. I think they're really good and they're my second favorite type of unit (after HA) because even the t2 is very deadly in mass and they're really easy to make hundreds of them and stuff them in garrisons all over the map. They're real soldier units. I don't think I've ever had them ran out of bolts in a battle, but you can always retreat to refill them.

Also, what happened to you long glaive? Just kill all the HA with your character.

Also, if you fight the khuzait on a village your ranged can spawn in a long line at the edge of the map and the enemy have very awkward approach that favors your ranged.

Vlandia not having horse archers isn't a problem - it's a great thing.

Their army design is the right kind, because by not having every single type of unit available, it forces you to adapt your tactics to make up for what you don't have and/or what your enemy has. More armies in the game should be like Vlandia's troop tree in that regard.

If every single army had horse archers, shock infantry, heavy infantry, pike infantry, melee cavalry and ranged infantry then your tactics would be exactly the same in every battle.

Their army design is the right kind, because by not having every single type of unit available, it forces you to adapt your tactics to make up for what you don't have and/or what your enemy has. More armies in the game should be like Vlandia's troop tree in that regard.

If every single army had horse archers, shock infantry, heavy infantry, pike infantry, melee cavalry and ranged infantry then your tactics would be exactly the same in every battle.
haha okay I guess I love Khazait mongolia horse army tactic so much that's the only thing I know how to win

I just always feel like infantry tactic is so slow and boring and wait for so long in each battle

and Infantry army walk so slow in campaign map it's so easy to got attacked by fast moving army like Khazait army

but good point, may be I need to learn how to win a battle uphill

Just pull them back to edge of the map and HA can't get behind them, then just point them at them as they get stuck on the side. You can even put t4-5 xbows in a sperate formation and make them SW and move them into the HA pile. I think they're really good and they're my second favorite type of unit (after HA) because even the t2 is very deadly in mass and they're really easy to make hundreds of them and stuff them in garrisons all over the map. They're real soldier units. I don't think I've ever had them ran out of bolts in a battle, but you can always retreat to refill them.

Also, what happened to you long glaive? Just kill all the HA with your character.

Also, if you fight the khuzait on a village your ranged can spawn in a long line at the edge of the map and the enemy have very awkward approach that favors your ranged.
thanks for replying. I never try place Archers on edge of map, hmm interesting, I will try it later

exactly, I would like more difference in army builds across the factions, this will make a new war feel fresh and might even force you to change you army composition and tactics.

Back
Top Bottom