VAE VICTIS (new map)

Users who are viewing this thread

VAE VICTIS

Map details

• Factions - 9 (7 + commoner and outlaw).

[*]2 Mercenary camps.

[*]1 village for each faction (except commoner and outlaw).

[*]Gold and silver available.

[*]Hidden areas and passageways.

[*]All buildings are enterable (unless it is visibly blocked).

[*]No teleport doors (except for the hidden areas).

[*]1 lesser faction that can`t capture or be captured.

[*]Balanced armories.​

Reference table for armory items (body gear and weapons) -
B2ysvqm.png

• Map size - maximum x,y size and polygon size 5.
  • File size - 753.63 kB.

Screenshots

World View

uejwycV.jpg

Vornneston Castle

vCm5EXS.jpg

5vpzZOe.jpg

iwKJDrM.jpg

uet4IPJ.jpg

mac3Hoi.jpg

pdJ7Ryx.jpg

Saint Michael Abbey

QhNLYhO.jpg

qRmpnxz.jpg

Pk4uclY.jpg

90mbFES.jpg

N7lkHle.jpg

Praven Castle

xC3VzAM.jpg

ne5YpHZ.jpg

HrS34rY.jpg

MQ1qxqv.jpg

Sargoth Castle

yPaYHyb.jpg

sDZO4wH.jpg

y3AJ0VO.jpg

Jelkala Castle

SxODeR4.jpg

ScNGnKS.jpg

rZSV06O.jpg

DkkE53I.jpg

82v7KDY.jpg

Old Port

o0QtS6k.jpg

TGWbpQz.jpg

bjc2hDz.jpg

Lazloburg Castle

G2DfhGq.jpg

KqaXnOc.jpg

g0dMX7H.jpg

YSlLNtw.jpg

kd61fSw.jpg

ja80omd.jpg

uxVbbab.jpg

More Screenshots

v2eGf21.jpg

5KImHvh.jpg

5ViSMao.jpg

OReOrJK.jpg

XhjSHWW.jpg

kUFlc7x.jpg

zawfROp.jpg

SofFcjV.jpg

Changelog

Credits:

Angry
: developer of the map.
Azrayel: inspiration from his maps of PW and old discussions of ideas.
PW SA community: testing and error reporting.
Vornne: PW's main developer.

Download link

Click here to download the scene.

Custom strings.txt. Apply it to have the map name show on the server list.

Strings.txt

Scene code

Code:
scn_scene_3 scene_3 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000003b0079363000d234800007e90000024d100005cd0
outer_terrain_pw_1

• You are free to edit the map. You aren't allowed to re-release it as your own work, even if you edit it.

Last edited:
Of all the scenes that have ( or barely) came out this past half year, this is by far the best of them, very good castles ( I like how you made that ruined part of the castle), map layout , could have refined the mountains and marshes a bit, but all in all it's good  :lol:
( Nice that you knew how t omake white sand g.j. )  :fruity:

Updated the main and alternative versions of the map.

• Added buyable arrows or bolts on towers.
  • Fixed outlaw entry points.

Added a custom version of the map.

The custom version of the map adresses a popular feature seen in most servers`s scenes -

• Added props designated to be banks in the bigger villages (in edit mode look for arena_spectator props).

Dekkers said:
Damn I like the dynamic weather. I don't even know how to get that to work  :oops:

Nice map. What's FPS like tho? I see many props

In the latest version of the map, which will be available to download later today, while looking around in my test server I get 55-60 fps. For comparison purposes, I get 55-60 fps in GoT currently used by Celestial and 55-60 fps fps in Dormarsh Mountain currently used by Phoenix.

I don`t know if any servers are using this map, but just as a reminder you can freely remove or change any part of the map.

I would also like to know about any bugs that you may come across or frame rate issues you experience.

Dark_Hamlet said:
I don`t know if any servers are using this map, but just as a reminder you can freely remove or change any part of the map.

I would also like to know about any bugs that you may come across or frame rate issues you experience.
Trojan is currently using it even though we havent officially launched. Its a great map very unique. There are a few bugs for example the platform that goes across the river when you use it. It flips instead of going across.

Arthur_Pendragon said:
Trojan is currently using it even though we havent officially launched. Its a great map very unique. There are a few bugs for example the platform that goes across the river when you use it. It flips instead of going across.

I went to your server to test the ferry and I saw the bug you are describing, but I failed to reproduce the bug using your map on a private session.

I`m not sure about what could be causing the bug for you. If the problem persists I will make a version of the map with a static bridge instead of the ferry.

New version is up. This is possibly the final release as there is nothing more I want to change in the scene and all known issues were fixed.

Changes -

• Added a destructible rope bridge connecting the regions of Praven and Lazloburg.
  • Modified the prices of several items and troops.
  • Replaced the ferry with a river ford.
  • Removed the scene`s alternative and custom versions as the dynamic weather props had a very negative effect on performance and having 4 different versions of the scene just felt confusing and unnecessary.
  • Added ruined buildings in the swamps.
  • Reduced the quantity of available iron and salt mines near most factions.
  • Added a quarry with an abundance of iron and salt mines in the middle of the scene.
  • Several minor fixes.

A new version is up which adresses some new issues and exploits and also changes gameplay dramatically.

As always, here is a list containing most of the changes -

• Players can`t access the outlaw main hideout trough the outside world anymore. They can only access a small area to train as outlaw and will only be able to enter the hideout by dying and respawning there. This was changed because some players were exploiting the outlaw teleport doors to move quickly trough the map.
    [*]Removed the iron and salt from the quarry. Moved most of it to a new underground complex.
    [*]Added a new maze-like underground complex that connects several areas of the map and contains gold and iron mines.
    [*]Replaced all iron mines on the surface with small iron mines with decreased ore drop.
    [*]Decreased the number of salt sack drops in salt mines.
    [*]Increased the respawn time of all mines.
    [*]Replaced the gold mine on the surface with silver mines. Any other silver mines were removed.
    [*]Decreased the value from selling iron ores on all castles.
    [*]Decreased the number of flax plants around castles to 2 and added a limit of a 100 units per linen cloth stockpile.
    [*]Increased the cost of all armor, weapons and horses. Tool prices remain the same.
    [*]Replaced all footman training props with sergeant training props and increased the price to 10k as I think both classes are to similar to each other. Added militia as a cheaper alternative that can also do labor.
    [*]Increased the cost of archer and crossbowman training props to 6k. Added huntsman as a cheaper alternative that can also do labor.
    [*]Decreased the number of carts. Removed all backpack boxes and baskets as they were rarely used.
    [*]Changed some faction spawn entries to avoid spawn-block.
    [*]Removed several trees to improve fps.
    [*]Added another siege ladder entry point to Vornneston.
    [*]Added some new props around Vornneston to grant cover to invaders.
    [*]Added a new archer nest to Sargoth.
    [*]Several minor fixes and improvements.

Back
Top Bottom