[v4.6][P#8] Beta testers needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to be honest I never saw some mercenaries in my last game and I was on day 200 or something like that, I allways start a new game, and I cheated to see the new buildings but nothing. BTW good job.  :eek:

Still having issues with Black Army groups. If I hire a mixed army of 150, I actually get 70 troops.  If I hire a pure cavalry army of 150, I actually get 150.

I seem to have quite a few errors and bugs on 4.57, since I do not know exatly how to coding works and the game crashes on me anyway. Would you prefer me to try out this beta version of 4.6 and tell you the bugs I find or keep going with 4.57 ?
I don't mind either way, but I'd like to have this mod fully functional and bug-free in the near future to enjoy it as much as I can.

Tell me what you prefer :smile:

Thanks for this mod again.

EDIT: Well, the game crashes too often with 5.47, I would try 4.68...

EDIT: When I try to run the module updater I get a few errors ...
Selected module:  sod 4.6 beta
Updating actions.txt...  Success.
Updating conversation.txt...  Success.
Updating dialog_states.txt...  Success.
Updating factions.txt...  Success.
Updating game_variables.txt...  Success.
Updating horse_actions1.txt...  Success.
Updating human_actions1.txt...  Success.
Updating info_pages.txt...  Error: 404
Updating item_kinds1.txt...  Success.
Updating map.txt...  Error: 404
Updating map_icons.txt...  Success.
Updating menus.txt...  Success.
Updating meshes.txt...  Success.
Updating mission_templates.txt...  Success.
Updating module.ini...  Success.
Updating music.txt...  Success.
Updating particle_systems.txt...  Success.
Updating parties.txt...  Success.
Updating party_templates.txt...  Success.
Updating postfx.txt...  Error: 404
Updating presentations.txt...  Success.
Updating quests.txt...  Success.
Updating quick_strings.txt...  Success.
Updating scenes.txt...  Success.
Updating scene_props.txt...  Success.
Updating scripts.txt...  Success.
Updating simple_triggers.txt...  Success.
Updating skills.txt...  Success.
Updating skins.txt...  Success.
Updating sounds.txt...  Success.
Updating strings.txt...  Success.
Updating tableau_materials.txt...  Success.
Updating tag_uses.txt...  Success.
Updating triggers.txt...  Success.
Updating troops.txt...  Success.
Updating variables.txt...  Success.
Updating variable_uses.txt...  Success.

So I tried to install this new beta form to help test, as I have been a fan since... well I can't remember when I was not, but the point is, the updater just remains on actions.txt. What am I doing wrong?

Gunnard Bearmasher clone bug!
I rescued Gunnard from the Swadian prison at Suno, and one of my options was to ask him to join me.  He did.  He has some issues though - he keeps losing items (3rd and 4th weapon slots, sometimes helmet).  The helmet is interesting - he appears in battle with a winged helmet, but his inventory shows a kettle helmet - sometimes.  And sometimes a winged helmet.  Some kind of dimensional-transfer ability, I guess.  He also has the ability to be garrisoned in a castle or town, but I haven't tried it yet, as I might lose him and he's useful.
After a few weeks in my party, his clone has appeared at the head of the Jotnar Clan army

When I bribe some lord to make peace whit his faction, a message pops up and it says "you can't attack X nation from the day 15 march of 1257 to 15 march of 1257" Or something like that, the point is that the date never changes.

another bug,  for some reason, I ride my horse backwards.      ROFL  jk jk

A REAL and little nasty bug

When we wage war and talk to our marshall, trying to change our offensive objective WHEN enemy doesn't have any (we take over all cities, castles but faction is not destroyed) - marshall won't propose us any targets AND it won't be possible to back and take another option. Only alt+f4 is rescue.

manekemaan said:
i cant upgrade my zealous villianese high chiefs, tough i have a fully build castle (with meditation grounds)

High chiefs, well any noble, is a random event.  You need to have many churches and monestaries and wait for global faith to increase before the random event will spawn.  They must also be in your party (not in castle). 

Then you can upgrade to faith troop in church at castle / city.  Can you verify this is exactly what you did?

Yes, but he says that he has zealous one, so he had an event. I think that he has same problem as I. What do you mean exactly by "you can upgrade to faith troops in church"  <-- You mean, that it's just a building and we're upgrading through talking with marshall or there is something special building at courtyard? Upgrading by marshall doesn't work, that's why i'm asking because maybe I don't know something  :mrgreen:

Edit: Btw, It's my fifth playthrough (of course still no faith troops, even after reinstalling everything.) and I strong suggest to decrease range of all new lances. Why? It's just doen't work. If the range is above circa about 150-180, it's almost impossible to hit the target when charging. Stefan's Lance is almost useless because of this. It's too hard to hit a target and deal a good amount of couched damage.

Also, I think that cavalry is little overpowered (or maybe legion is too weak.) My sister plays adenian and massed magnats (many knight chapters and edicts). She wiped out entire legion (of course not all in one battle.) almost without losses! And She plays without any cheats, on 100+ % difficulty! I think that it should be not possible to mass nobles. Having 300-400+ of them is a total victory. And it's not so hard to mass them. Just building knight chapters and have good edicts for nobles.

Ranven said:
Yes, but he says that he has zealous one, so he had an event. I think that he has same problem as I. What do you mean exactly by "you can upgrade to faith troops in church"  <-- You mean, that it's just a building and we're upgrading through talking with marshall or there is something special building at courtyard? Upgrading by marshall doesn't work, that's why i'm asking because maybe I don't know something  :mrgreen:

Edit: Btw, It's my fifth playthrough (of course still no faith troops, even after reinstalling everything.) and I strong suggest to decrease range of all new lances. Why? It's just doen't work. If the range is above circa about 150-180, it's almost impossible to hit the target when charging. Stefan's Lance is almost useless because of this. It's too hard to hit a target and deal a good amount of couched damage.

Yes, you build a chapel in castle and talk to marshal there.  All of this is in facts when game starts up.  Can get to it from reports menu also.

As far as massing nobles, there was a bug that literally spammed them into your kingdom.  Using them is an exploit.  If you are talking about regular rates (1 per noble building that takes a month to build), I disagree.  If you mean the bug, yea that was a problem that made game not fun to me so i disbanded them. 

As far as cavalry being OP, there is little that can be done without changing entire game mechanics (make other weaker units to weak).  Moreover, it's not needed.  Just play another civ or limit among of cavalry in army, don't take surgery over level 5, increase battle sizer, etc.

Those are more Taleworld issues than SoD issues.

If computer AI spammed nothing but cavalry, it would be different but your dealing with AI, not another human that could respond.  It's easy to exploit computer.  If fix one way, same personality will find another.

You've got a point.

About chapel - Yes I knew that, just asked to confirmed, because as I said - there is no faith troops because of some weird bug :/

About nobles, I disagree :smile: If you have enough engineering skill, knight chapters are building pretty quick. And gathering nobles (around 10-20 nobles per spawn) it's not so hard.

You are right about cavalry, it's m&b problem so nothing can be done. But still, I would little buff legion. I've done a test and massed just normal elite antarian infantry. I didn't take Ymira to team, so my surgeon skill wasn't great. Anyway, for one elite infantry, 10-20 legion's soldiers died. I know, that it's A.I opponents but our allies are A.I too. What Am I saying - it would be great to increase statistics of entire legion, that they will be almost the same as our troops :razz: Or maybe little debuff/nerf for civ troops?

In the end, I have to admit that SoD is one of the greatest module I ever played :smile: I'm after sixth playthrough and still I want more :grin: This mod is fantastic!

Registered to confirm the above bug.Zealous Adenian mangnates are not upgradeable in either  castles or towns.
Another bug noticed is errrors appear on the Elephant Guard training quest(though it appears to not effect anything).
A lot less errors than in the gold version however,this was the only showstopper.
Another thing I noticed but this is more of "feature" in that if a mercenary company is hired sent to town and their contract expires they stay in the town and still drain the players funds.
Very very impressed with this mod so far.

Just wanted to chime in here.  I'm playing Marinian Natural Philosophy, and my Zealous Marinian Conditti* will not upgrade to faith troops even though I have every building constructed.  I've got a stockpile of about 20 of them, so that would be a nice fix.

By the way, Sword of Damocles is by far the best Mount&Blade mod I've tried.  It really makes the game better.  The fighting now has a point!  :grin:

Two other things I noticed in 4.6 beta: one of the splash screens during game loading has Damocles misspelled "Damolcles" and I went to talk to the leader of the Black Army and he was wearing a helmet but no clothes or armor.

Suggestion: is there a way to allow the player to screen lords before you add them to your nation?  If I'm playing a good guy, I'd rather have lords who aren't hateful and condescending as some of them are (and of course if I'm playing a bad guy I'd rather the opposite).  It would also be nice to let the player choose a banner for new lords.

I would love to see more interesting features in villages.  I find it fun to enter villages and ride around because they're all different, but there isn't much to do there.  I could see adding taverns or inns to them at least.  There are plenty of doors in villages, so perhaps those could be used as entrances.  Of course, the player would have to explore the villages to find them...

Found another one.  This isn't major, but it's annoying.

I sent some nobles to search for artifacts, and they returned with the One Life Bolts.  The game told me to talk to my treasurer to get the bolts.  So far so good.

When I talked to the treasurer he gave me the bolts, but he also rearranged my whole inventory.  I have a specific arrangement I use all the time, for example normally I keep the food at the bottom.  After getting the bolts everything was at the top so I had to put it back the way it was.

Overall really enjoying 4.6 though.  It runs noticeably better than 4.57.

Cyclohexane said:
manekemaan said:
i cant upgrade my zealous villianese high chiefs, tough i have a fully build castle (with meditation grounds)

High chiefs, well any noble, is a random event.  You need to have many churches and monestaries and wait for global faith to increase before the random event will spawn.  They must also be in your party (not in castle). 

Then you can upgrade to faith troop in church at castle / city.  Can you verify this is exactly what you did?

i was unable to upgrade my villianese zealuos high chiefs to boundless rangers. (yes i did get the event, yes I chose you can serve me and the temple) i got all buildings in my castle but still my lazy marshal goes like, we don't have the facilities.

manekemaan said:
Cyclohexane said:
manekemaan said:

i was unable to upgrade my villianese zealuos high chiefs to boundless rangers. (yes i did get the event, yes I chose you can serve me and the temple) i got all buildings in my castle but still my lazy marshal goes like, we don't have the facilities.

I am guessing this has something to do with the new way troops are upgrading (all require * unit).  I'll look into it but this was something Kuba tweaked.  He should be back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom