[V4.5] Coming Soon (alpha released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Been playing M&B for a year or so and played most of the mods but I just registered to the forum to say this is by far the best mod i've played!

Not to offense or bug anyone but I'm wondering if there's still active development on it for 4.5, will it ever be release? People doing this are all volonteers so i don't mind waiting at all, I'm just curious if I should be waiting for 4.5 or not..?

Anyhow, thanks for a great mod!

Solok

Solok said:
Been playing M&B for a year or so and played most of the mods but I just registered to the forum to say this is by far the best mod i've played!

Not to offense or bug anyone but I'm wondering if there's still active development on it for 4.5, will it ever be release? People doing this are all volonteers so i don't mind waiting at all, I'm just curious if I should be waiting for 4.5 or not..?

Solok
Yeah, they're working on it, last I heard they were bug-fixing, though they can't seem to find out what's causing the bug.

Ambalon said:
Solok said:

Solok
Yeah, they're working on it, last I heard they were bug-fixing, though they can't seem to find out what's causing the bug.

That was kind of my point, this latest news is almost 2 months old if i'm not mistaking. Anyway, it might be just a bit of lack of communication from the mod devs. No big deal, I even understand if they don't want to work on this mod anymore or if they're waiting after Warband, I just wanted to get an idea of what's going on. Being a developer myself, I even considered trying to debug this crash in the law system but then I would have less time to play :smile:

Solok said:
Being a developer myself, I even considered trying to debug this crash in the law system but then I would have less time to play :smile:

Hehe. Come on, just a glance. And then, who knows, you will maybe find the bug.  :wink:

I'm pretty sure vonmistont and Mordachai are looking forward to Warband and (maybe) already consider the compatibility of the mod with the future expansion. After all, Warband changes the Native factions and other gameplay mechanics as well, so the future of the mod could depend on this...

Progress report...

So I gave up on fixing the laws... I will just rewrite them completly using different philosophy. Right now I use meshes as values for global variables responsible for the laws. This is what could cause the problems. I will now use good old numbers :smile:

Some really great news. The laws are starting to work! I finally have found an error that was causing the biggest bug (there are still few minor bugs that are not as severe). The bug was found during the conversation and thanks to Pejot :smile: I wouldn't probably found it by myself :smile:

vonmistont said:
Some really great news. The laws are starting to work! I finally have found an error that was causing the biggest bug (there are still few minor bugs that are not as severe). The bug was found during the conversation and thanks to Pejot :smile: I wouldn't probably found it by myself :smile:
It means v4.5 will come soon?  :shock:

dreadlord said:
vonmistont said:
Soon... hehe that word has bad conotation in this thread :wink:

The problem is that Mordachai, Cycylohexane and Kuba based their current work on V4.1 code and not on my V4.5 code thus we must once again move everything from V4.5 to V4.2 (3) version they are working on.

But anyway... V.4.5 will be released... Soon  :twisted:

Sounds good! :grin:
I've done some coding on other games and sometimes it's just easier to rewrite it completely. I've had stuff before that in theory should work perfectly... but doesn't.
I think this news has inspired me to start playing this mod again! On that note, will old saves be compatible with the new version or will we have to start over?

CountVlad said:
Sounds good! :grin:
I've done some coding on other games and sometimes it's just easier to rewrite it completely. I've had stuff before that in theory should work perfectly... but doesn't.
I think this news has inspired me to start playing this mod again! On that note, will old saves be compatible with the new version or will we have to start over?

You can always export your character and import to new version but i think the best way will be starting new game from the begining :wink: And as for this "soon" it have very many meanings in this thread ;P

By the look of things to come,  I'll continue playing M&B with this mod you've built together whenever I have time to kill.  I'm on v4.1 and it's already one of the best mod ever made for M&B if not the very best.  It looks promising and has so much more exciting things to do in it.  OMG! 4.5!!!  drools...    Bravo! 

vonmistont said:
dreadlord said:
vonmistont said:

The problem is that Mordachai, Cycylohexane and Kuba based their current work on V4.1 code and not on my V4.5 code thus we must once again move everything from V4.5 to V4.2 (3) version they are working on.

Hold on. There are people working on a 4.2 version and people working on a 4.5 version? What the hell? :???:

awesome to see some updates
Will be waiting as long as it takes to play 4.5, so take your time
taking a break from m&b at the moment, but will be back when this comes out for sure :smile:

vonmistont said:

Yes, I still remember what I thought when I first saw this thread.  :sad:  However, I believe it's a good mod to wait for.

hello I have a question can you put religion report in the report menu??? i mean how many people have been converted to your chosen religion? cause whenever it told me that faith is working or something i just went to my chancellor (or whatever his name is) and then asked him about my kingdom faith and then asked him how many population i have and it was a bit stupid... as it is a kingdoms importent thing I think it must be in the reports menu... Sorry if this was already asked i just didn't have the time to go throe 14 pages :wink: 

I think this has been asked but I really would like to have more role in the health of my people. For example building an apothecary prevents the health from going lower a certain level say unremarkable and other buildings could help improve health or hinder the improvement of health.

Back
Top Bottom