v4.0 final feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

As final and stable v4.0 is now released I'd have a few questions for you guys. Just to get some feedback from the community.
Feel free to answer to any questions below. Please note that short answers don't really help much. This feedback will be used
to improve the mod further. Just copy text below and fill in the answers. Thank you very much for your time.  :smile:

Code:
[b]1. How's your experience with the Turguhn Horde? Do they disappear after a while? Do they hold their cities? [/b]

[b]2. What's your favourite feature?[/b]

[b]3. What feature do you like least?[/b]

[b]4. How do you like artillery?[/b]

[b]5. What's your experience with crafting?[/b]

[b]6. Did you encounter any problems with colonies? Do houses raise pop cap instead of wells now?[/b]

[b]7. Do you use ENBseries Shaders Addon? Do you know what it is? You like it? No?[/b]

[b]8. have you used combat abilities already? Shield bash (CTRL)? Volley fire (period key)? F1 set target for cannoneers? Fired cannons manually?[/b]

[b]9. How did you hear from Nova Aetas? Where? Who? What was your first version to play with? What was your first experience like?[/b]

[b]10. How do you like the scary music for caves/jungles/Uxkhal?[/b]

[b]11. Is acquiring money easy in your game? How's your experience? What's easy way? What's hard way?[/b]

[b]12. Did you promote Nova Aetas to anyone?[/b]

I only have limited hours to play in so so far haven't made it to the new world and haven't become even a faction Lord as of yet so can only comment on so much

1. How's your experience with the Turguhn Horde? Do they disappear after a while? Do they hold their cities?

I only encountered them in passing on my Merchant character, I found them friendly and courteous.. at first I was worried they'd confiscate my properties and bar me entry to their captured cities. But not they were very nice to me as a lowly Journeyman :smile:

They have held onto their cities so far for that game, they own most of the cities/castles in the far east of the map, the Argonic Empire has been wiped out (not sure how that happened) their furthest west holding is one of the old swadian castles off dhirim, they are about as powerful as a standard main faction

2. What's your favourite feature?

Hard to pick... I'll go for something really inane but something I really like, the ability to purchase property in towns you can walk around in and rent out. It gives me something to aim for past sitting on a big pile of gold. This includes building farms! I only wish you could rest at farms so i'd have somewhere to retire when reading/resting in game.

3. What feature do you like least?

Other than the standard Native gripes I don't like the tournaments, they are weak and seem a bit "tacked on" and could do with re-development using the current system of a base model.

It sucks when you win a tournament to get a lovely turd of "Fine Turquoise" when the person who comes 2nd place get's a helmet that's mere value is thrice the main prize. And as i've moaned in the other threads the enemies (who are not Lords or Companions) are ridiculously over powered and make it distinctly un-fun.

4. How do you like artillery?

So far i've only seen the enemy use a cannon which made me jump when an explosion went off in front of me as I wasn't aware they were any more than eye candy. I also pulled off a great shot with a musket taking out the canoneer! i'll be sure to try them out soon.

5. What's your experience with crafting?

It's better than in earlier versions, it can feel a bit blocky at times (The invisible walls when harvesting), and sometimes it does not seem to work (had that issue with sawing wood) overall I like it as it expands warband in "non-combatant" areas and fleshes out the world increasing atmosphere, something Mount and Blade and most mods so far have failed to do and end up stale and repetitive after a while.

The only other mod that has achieved this in anyway to my knowledge is Persistent World, and I think your system is a good compromise when it comes to singleplayer resource gathering

6. Did you encounter any problems with colonies? Do houses raise pop cap instead of wells now?

Not got this far yet!

7. Do you use ENBseries Shaders Addon? Do you know what it is? You like it? No?

no idea, I have to press SHIFT + F12 everytime I start to remove the annoying blur effect which makes it look like I forgot to wear my glasses (I don't even wear glasses), so I don't know if this disables whatever these are.

8. have you used combat abilities already? Shield bash (CTRL)? Volley fire (period key)? F1 set target for cannoneers? Fired cannons manually?

I have used the volley fire, it is very satisfying watching a mass of crossbowmen fire at once! However I don't like the numpad based abilities. I remember that being a mod in the original mount and blade and I think the Silverstag system is preferable.

9. How did you hear from Nova Aetas? Where? Who? What was your first version to play with? What was your first experience like?

These forums

10. How do you like the scary music for caves/jungles/Uxkhal?

I play with the music off so I can listen to audiobooks/watch things whilst I play

11. Is acquiring money easy in your game? How's your experience? What's easy way? What's hard way?

It's easier than Clash of Kings but harder than Native. Though it doesn't really compare as i've also noticed in this game that as fast as it's fortunes go they disappear due to the mass of outlets for money above just trying to buy the best equipment and pay an army.

12. Did you promote Nova Aetas to anyone?

I will update my signature here at some point I reckon :smile:

1. How's your experience with the Turguhn Horde? Do they disappear after a while? Do they hold their cities?
Not only did they hold, they have taken over several more cities from the Sassanids and Khergits (I'm past Day 200 now). They might threaten the other nations as well soon. I'd say that means they behave as intended.

Town/colony management with crafting a close second.

It's all really good. The only thing is that gathering resources, enough to build a castle for instance, takes a really long time. Maybe there could be a feature that once you reach the upper class you can hire workers to do it for you.

Just fine. It's an interesting feature on the field, and it hasn't had too grave an impact in my battles so far.

Great stuff, lots of fun. Lots of variety. Works fine too. I'm just wondering if there could be a source for wool and flax similar to the forest and quarry, like herding your own sheep.

6. Did you encounter any problems with colonies? Do houses raise pop cap instead of wells now?
Just started my first colony, works fine so far.

I just use the default that came with the mod. I don't like ENBseries for all games, but it looks very well here.

8. have you used combat abilities already? Shield bash (CTRL)? Volley fire (period key)? F1 set target for cannoneers? Fired cannons manually?
No, thanks for reminding me.

9. How did you hear from Nova Aetas? Where? Who? What was your first version to play with? What was your first experience like?
On this forum. I played the first version, but then didn't come back to it again before 3.0.2.

Sorry, I play without music. I find that more immersive for most games.

11. Is acquiring money easy in your game? How's your experience? What's easy way? What's hard way?
I think money is well balanced. It's not too easy to earn, and there are lots of interesting things to spend it on. So I never had very large amounts at once so far.

Well, I told some friends about it, but none of the buggers even plays Mount and Blade.

They came , They saw , they lost ..................No really after 100 days they were gone

your  own castle build . everything :razz:

That you have to visit the workplace to get 1% extra skill i would love if i could just wait in the city gaining 1 skill per day :smile:

yeah , i dont like to use it XD ,idk why but i  just dont use them :razz:

I really like it i dont use it alot but it good :smile:

Yes, the khergits took a colony and many others , but i got 3 probs 1. khergits dont have a actual fort or village on it when i interact it says claim island , 2. they never have a garrison 3.when i take one over they have population and defences but no buildings like houses etc

nope dont like it

yes great , dont like the numpad thing :razz:
  saw it on modb at the first release didnt quite like it , so quickly deleted it but when v3.0 came i really liked it

sorry i don't play with mnb music , i listen to GOT Themes :razz:

It nicely balanced only like i mentioned at the modb page slavers sell slaves for 100 florins not sure if its intented , but it's good

yeah 5 guys

Day 173 now. They have lost some cities but still hold some. No intervention on my part (I'm siding with Rhodocks and building a colony)

Mmm... Difficult to say. Maybe the colony system, or the village management (haven't got a town or castle yet).

Gathering resources is fine for a peasant but now that I'm a lord I don't have the time to go around swinging an axe in a mine. Some system to acquire your own mine/forests and have peasants mine for you would be nice.

I found that it is generally not very effective but I like the ambient it creates. I have one and usually leave it to their own devices, since as a rhodock I often am in hilly places

Great. Although a way to create tempered, masterwork etc items would be nice. For example if you buy a masterwork sword handle and blade you could create a masterwork sword or something similar.

Not for now, although I do have a problem a bit related. I bought some ships to go to the New World and when returning I landed on Zendar. But now I find that my ships are exactly in the middle of Zendar and can't access them. I've tried selling them and buying them again, and lots of other tricks to no avail. I've now resorted to using ctrl-t to go to my colony. It would be nice that if you sell all your ships and you buy them again you could sail from the port directly, no matter where your old ships were.

The houses raise pop cap instead of wells.

Not really. I disabled it as it was making my game run a bit slower (I run it on a potato so every little helps) and I didn't like it that much anyway, it was too blurry.

I never remember, except shield bash (but don't use a shield so...). As for the numpad, I use a laptop without one so haven't tried them.

Reddit /r/mountandblade

I generally love the music in this mod.

It is moderately easy, but mostly because I always win in tournaments. I haven't explored trading that much but it seems it would be a bit harder than in vanilla. I have plenty of places to spend the money though so I'm always lacking it, so I'd say in general it's quite balanced.

Not yet, I don't know anybody that plays M&B.

They hold their cities fine, the Khan is kicking his lords out by the dozens though. I once had him disempower 3 of his lords within a day.

Crafting. Would honestly like some more things I could build in the carpenters shop though.
Edit: Town Management is a close second. I didnt try it out outside of the 2nd reupload, but it seems realy amazing.

Not exactly a feature, but the new look of swadia. That Warhammer Empire look realy puts me off.

Its great.

Works well, looks fine. Overall very satisfying and enjoable.

Didnt yet have a colonie.

I dont use it, it randomly lets my FPS go down to 20 FPS every minute or so.

Didnt have cannons myself yet, cannons did fire manually though. Didnt know about the ofters

I saw that the mod had muskets in it, so I got it. Saw it on ModDB. I didnt enjoy the earlier versions, to be frank. 4.0 is great though.

Got my own music playing for most of the time. Brahms doesnt go well with that odd pop-rock thingy from the main menu.

I am getting money to quickly, in my oppinion. I am playing as a carpenter and I am already a rich **** of the aristocracy- and I only played for 150 days.

The plebs in my NW Regiment dont play SP, so no.

I'm always playing Swadia  or Kingdom of Rhodoks so I never run into them. Usually after 100 day I hear they made peace with Khergit Khanate.

Prestige system. Crafting. Ability. Although I wish having higher prestige do more stuff.

Tournaments. I think I abuse it by grinding it to level up and get tons of money because its sorta broken. Please make it so better prizes and renown/prestige (noble) rank is require to participate.

It's great to have. Not really that effective. Wish it does terror to morale. Most unit fight to death.

I enjoy it. Although you can make pretty OP stuff from it.

Haven't went to this far...

I personally don't like ENB with warband. Doesn't look right.

You can shield bash? o_O. Do you have to select Arty unit to set target? It just tell me to move them.

Steam Workshop

Never been there.

Extremely easy.  tournaments and raiding village earn you 10k+ each time.  tournaments setting for OP is 3 team of 3. 2 points. 200 floris = 1700 per round.

Told my friends. We all play it. Been suggested it to youtuber including Reformist.

Reformist seems to have been getting slightly hostile towards commenters. So has his wife. I told her about the trade deficit in cities of a different religion,and she took offense to it, and somehow turned it into a gender issue. Needless to say, I unsubbed.

Odin boarhelm said:
Reformist seems to have been getting slightly hostile towards commenters. So has his wife. I told her about the trade deficit in cities of a different religion,and she took offense to it, and somehow turned it into a gender issue. Needless to say, I unsubbed.

carl-sagan-dude-what.jpg

They seem somewhat underpowered. I haven't fought them personally, but all AI factions that have are taking their fortresses quite easily and they're quickly shrinking (now less than half of the territory they started with).

Town/village management is very cool. I can tell you put a lot of work into it and it came out great.

Definitely tournaments. They're quite easily abused and can make you far more money than anything else, even in the very early game. Someone above said they should require a higher prestige to join and I think that's a good idea. The betting returns should also be reduced.

A little underpowered but very cool.

A little overpowered but very cool.

I haven't really touched that stuff yet.

Really don't like it. Not only did it severely affect my FPS but it also just looks bad.

Shield bash and volley fire are cool. Didn't know you could set target for cannoneers though. I rarely use the numpad abilities.

I first found it a while ago while searching through the steam workshop. I didn't like it at all at the time and ended not playing it for more than a couple hours. Then somewhat recently I saw it while scrolling through my modules, updated it and started playing again.

Haven't been there yet.

As I said above, the tournaments are very broken. They make it far too easy to make money. Other than that, everything seems quite balanced.

It's never really come up so no. Sorry.

Overall after playing dozens of other modules and racking up a total of 900 hours in mount and blade WB this has to be the best module I've played. So many features, all very detailed and (mostly) balanced and very few bugs (none of which I've found to be gamebreaking). I imagine I'll be playing this for quite some time. :smile:

Answering just the applicable ones:
They seem to be held-up in a single castle on day 300+
The forests and mines are nice.
Tournaments, only because the advanced tournament system doesn't work on linux.
Haven't seen too much of it in the few battles I've gotten into. They don't seem to be very useful controlled by the AI.
It's really well implemented. There are things that make no sense though, like how 2 shields fetch more money than 1 chair, but I guess chairs are better for experience and prestige.
Shield bash is really useful. The others don't seem to useful though.
A bit, yeah. I never have enough money to purchase the better houses though. Mining seems like the easiest way to make money, the hardest way is hunting, as the hides are a really, really rare drop.

They are cool, most of the time I keep away from Khergit/Sarranid lands, in my games after the 4.0 update, they hold forever cities from Khergit and Sarranid. I'm on day 584.

I loved the new city building menu, it's game changing, I feel like I'm playing Total War Medieval with way more features.

Crafting seems cool, but for me, it's very slow. Although it's awesome to make a chain production by taking a colony to produce Iron, then getting the Iron and Smelting it into Steel to use in the blacksmith.

At first I was excited, but they don't see very useful, also if they were, I think they would ruin the game, but we always have the option to turn it off. I say they can ruin, because in L'Aigle, everytime the first thing you HAVE TO DO is to take down the enemy arty, only then you can play, if the game had like 20.000 units fighting at the same time, I think it would be cool, but with our current limit nope.

It's cool in the beginning, but late it becomes repetitive and boring.

Everything working as it should now. I have 2 colonies, one for iron and the other for gold. The tradegood values discouraged to keep taking care of them, because now I earn more than I can spend.

I tried once, but I didn't liked it, it only changed the color and I really didn't liked it.

I use the abilities a lot, mainly the First Aid, Taunt and Inspire Troops, I used the Shield Bash in the past but now my character can 1 hit kill most of the in game units, I didn't used the F1 to set targets for the cannoneers, when I tried using it, the cannon rotated 180º and then wouldn't rotate to anywhere, Yes I fired the cannons but It was strange, when aiming too high, it would make the cannon ball shoot bouce down and then go up (tking my crossbows).

I was searching  here on the forums for new mods, and then I found it, awesome, I always wanted a mod of the 16~18 century. Amazing, it made me play like the first time I played MB Warband.

They are cool.

Yes it's easy for me, I have a good experience, I don't like grinding for money. The easy way is to loot villages and invest the looted money on properties, the hard way is through crafting manually and the colonies. I'm getting like 45.000 Florings per week with the many properties I brought.

Yes, I suggested it to 3 friends, they played and loved it.

I'm on day 411 and they have Tulgar. Narma, Ahmerrad, Bariye and surrounding castles, they seem to be doing just fine for now.

The new crafting system and new animations and locations for wood-cutting, mining etc.

Being forbidden to enter a fief if I have negative relations with the lord. I mean, it's a good feature, but it would be better if he forbids you to enter only if you are enemies(-20 relation points).

I disabled it. My PC is not very good, so I think my FPS would drop considerably.

I love it so far. I have become a blacksmith in Aldurias and I own an enterprise there. I have 5 skill points in crafting. I've crafted some swords and shields.

Houses raise the population cap. I didn't encounter any problems. Though I've only built houses so far and upgraded my fort. I want to raise the population to reach the highest stage III, so I can have all the buildings available when I start building stuff.

I don't use it, since it's demanding on my bad PC. I know what it is, and I have tried it once. I think it's ok, but it should be a bit less bright.

I used combat abilities in previous versions of the mod, but not in 4.0 since I didn't reach 14 points in attributes yet, so I can't use them yet. I tried using shield bash, but I'm probably doing it wrong, since I tried hitting ctrl when I'm in front of an enemy and nothing happened.

I don't remember how I've heard about, I've probably seen it on ModDB. I think the first version I played was 1.3 or 1.4, but I'm not too sure, I just know it was before 2.0 was released. It was a bit hard to get into it because it introduced so many new and unique features. From version 2.0 onwards, though, Nova Aetas has been my favorite mod.

I like it. It really adds to the atmosphere. By the way I love the music that you've added in 4.0 version.

It's easy, but time consuming. I tend to enter tournaments and play it smart. I set it up so I can get 1700 din per round, just by killing one person and staying alive. I collect money that way to buy a town palace and then it becomes easy. I don't know about any hard ways, I've always used the way previously described to acquire money.

Yes! I'm constantly recommending it to people on /r/mountanblade subreddit. When someone asks for a mod recommendation or asks what is my favorite mod, the answer is always Nova Aetas. I also shared the download link of the mod on the subreddit when 4.0 first beta came out.

Thank you so much for the most wonderful mod, Quintillius!

Note that I haven't played much so I still have to see most of the features...

They are being pushed back. I'm on day 89 and their part of the map looks like this:
kHSjr.jpg
Edit: just as I resumed playing after writing this, they lost Asugan castle

Of the various unique features of the mod I've only used crafting as a Blacksmith and I'm using it as a way to acquire good weapons and armour for me and my companions.

While I think the tournaments are an improvement over the native ones, I think they are quite easy while selecting what equipment to use, so I'm using the "Always randomize equipment" for extra challenge; also I think the prizes for first and second place should be inverted.

I have yet to see/use it.

See above.

Still to found any colony.

I turned it off because my FPS would drop to 14 no matter the video options; moreover, from the little experience I've had with them, I think the menu looks too bright while using it, even if i lower the "monitor gamma" option to the lower limit.

I'm using a laptop with to numpad, so no combat abilities for me :sad: Regarding shield bash, I'll have to try that... Volley fire use any period key or the numpad one? Regarding cannons see above.

I think I saw someone signature elsewhere on this forum and I clicked on it :grin: I started playing with 3.0.2 a few days before the release of version 4.0 (so only a few weeks ago) and I liked it.

I think it fits and it made me fear for my life :smile:

As far as I know I feel it is balanced...

I know no one that plays Mount and Blade, so, unfortunately, no.

Back
Top Bottom