v1.1.0 Troop Sorting Feature

Users who are viewing this thread

AngryPanCake

Sergeant
@MArdA TaleWorlds @Callum

Hello,

First, I would like to point out something positive I saw in v1.1.0 I recently started playing, despite some pretty frequent random crashes in vanilla (That I have submitted a ticket for). I appreciate you guys taking into account the feedback from players and implemented a way to group Companions in one particular formation in the OOB.
I think this is going to be such a fantastic feature.

On the other hand, I also appreciate the efforts you put into adding a sorting feature for troops in the party screen. However I feel the implementation was not great. It is clumsy and does not sort troops as one would like to see troops sorted. This is probably due to the multitude of ways to sort one's party.
I feel "PartyScreenEnhancements" Mod is a better design allowing for more varied ways to sort one's troops.

Obviously this is the first attempt at your troop sorting design and you will probably improve upon it. In the meantime I think it would be better if you made it optional until it meets expectations as it "interferes" with the Mod which offers better results.

Thank you.

One thing that vanished with the new system is to see what weapon the companion or familymember has. Before when one press them one would see them up close.
Say you have 10 companions and 5 familymembers that varies in battle because they sometimes are on quest. It´s easy to forget if they have a bow or not.
One should be able to save different presets. Like siege offensive or defensive. Army and small battles. In small battles against looters and similar bandits one want the heroes in one group for leveling. The constant moving of heroes between formations is abit annoying. Especially since one forgets their gear.
Lets face it. Most of the game is about leveling heroes to reach various perks.

Seemingly at random if you reorder your companions in your party screen and have the party sorted (I sort by tier) your party members will be reset to whatever order the game thinks they should be in. I usually notice it after I win a battle and get prisoners and troops. It's an annoyance early in the game when I like to have my companions sorted in the order I want to make sure they get geared up. Incredibly difficult to scroll through the inventory screen when the party members are listed at random.

Seemingly at random if you reorder your companions in your party screen and have the party sorted (I sort by tier) your party members will be reset to whatever order the game thinks they should be in. I usually notice it after I win a battle and get prisoners and troops. It's an annoyance early in the game when I like to have my companions sorted in the order I want to make sure they get geared up. Incredibly difficult to scroll through the inventory screen when the party members are listed at random.

I know, I used to use the Mod "Party Screen Enhancement" which has a much better functionality than the current feature, which I assume is unfinished. But none of the TW people have said anything about it if "it is working as intended?.

The Party Screen Enhancement Mod is not compatible with the current feature!

Back
Top Bottom