v0.95d patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rongar

Master Knight
I have a lot to say. So to not flood I've decided to create one thread and mix all together.

First, I congratulate Chel with another one great work. Probably, I should say that 3 month ago. As they say better late than never.

Second, I have some comments about different things in mod they are below sorted in alphabetic order.
Abilities
I've almost not used abilities in EG2. Now some of them became not even useful but essential. But amount of keys and this tutorial screen, white text over animated mix of green, blue and red, that I'd to read swinging sword and running made me crazy.

Animations
Some of them nice, but this unpredictable rotation for upper blocking and overswing reminds me  rolling dice.
I had to stop use overswing because I could not determinate whether AI was able it to counterstrike it or not.
Also I found that random animation for strike make manual blocking twice harder. Poor barbarian... 

Assaults
Game for nasty campers. You should keep youself alive until the end but these assaults is always too long. Have you seen a lord that was first on a ladder and survived alive until the end? 

Some luck, healing, regeneration and warcry and you are ready to rush into the most deep of combat. I wonder how these things changed my style of playing, and made foot combat much more fun.

Bears
I know, Chel, you like random, but sometimes...
Random mazes are fun until you know the right hand rule.

I've lost count how many parties of that migrating bears I’ve slain. About 10 or something about. Not that many? Oh, come on.
All battles go the same after the second one. It is easy and there is no fun at all. It reminds me Linage 2, where players have to kill hordes of weak creatures to get something valuable.

It is not random it is the same.

Fallen
I like the whole idea, but fire seems too heavy. And ground fires to long. 

Horse combat
I remember that fast exciting horse combats in M&B native...  The more I played in M&B the less I noticed them.
I started play as Prince and in first combat I felt same that I felt 2 years ago. And this dust from hoofs... Just thanks.

Proficient penalties
Always think what you wear. More defense not always better, because it heavy and your strikes will be weaker.  Probably, the key feature. I like it.

Reinforcements
I don't quite understand the reason of increasing. In some battles I got reinforcement before any casualties just after 10 seconds, and instead huge disadvantage got almost parity. It was intended? 

Troops
Frankly speaking, EG2 troops seems to me more fashionable, Onyx, Vaegirs,  Lovely northerners... In EG3 only swadians impressed me. But beside appearance  EG2 troop trees were much more consistence, except khergits (I told that thier upgrade from mounted to not mounted is strange from me).  Now it goes much farer. I don't understand why khergist elite wear ragged outfit and why loyal soldiers turns into captured barbarians and who captured then. Also I found very few differences between khergits and vaegirs. Khergits are weaker and harder to use but in other respect both have archers,  mounted archers, have inf, mounted lancers. 

Trophies
At the moment compare to  EG2 I found them almost useless.  Charm of life + opportunity to get random item that in 99% will be sold.

Valkyrie mode
I was unable to make it showed me what I wanted. It jumped or hanged in strange positions.
The good thing that combat doesn't end.

Third.
Patch 0.95d

The motivation of creating patch was that ten migrating tribes that doesn't  carry fear charms.
I 've decide that such thing may be more challenging but should be more defined.  That's why d. But result is a little different.

See here for download
-pointed to next patch which includes this one. Chel.

Save incompatible.

Don't expect from me huge gameplay changes. I've just tries to fix some problems and make other things more convenient to use.

1.Some tweaks in character creation menu (more “go back”, gender dependent character types).
2.Information about mod, abilities now can be found in camp menu.
3.Keys setup in camp menu allows rebinding or completely unbinding keys used for abilities. To use, you should click on ability then press new key to reassign or 'esc' to clear binding. List of available keys is large enough. You can use all characters, numbers, arrows, functional keys. Probably you can even bind shift or alt, but I didn't test that. There is no check for overlay. It should not crash if you bind to abilities on 1 keys or bind game control key to ability, but I am not responsible for how it will work.
4.Now there is only one tutorial screen in battles (toggle by 'm' by default). It shows current active binds for available abilities. So if your character doesn't have 14 str it does not show rage. If you clear binding for battle cry it also does not show battle cry.
5.Add access to inventory, character and party screens in sieges and join to battle menus. (As it is in simple battle menu, keys I/C/P if someone forgot)
6.Fallens now do not show their faces in conversation, and they burn.
7.Change flame. I tried to make it looks not so heavy, more “ethereal”. It now more tight even if character is mounted. It is still high but there is no more burning ground. It also fades then fallen is killed.
8.Fix never-mind errors that reded start of battles.
9.Fix exploit that allows making abilities bonus permanent. (Technically, replace triggers with direct call in battle_debrief menu).
10.Replace Valkyrie(?) mode with free fly.
11.Increase overall skill limit from 12 to 14 (reason: bow that requires 14 powerdraw).
12.There is no more triggers that reduce forbidden skills. Instead, forbidden skills cannot be developed at all (almost at all).
13. To return to life it is need to carry fallen mask (just block possible cheating here).
14.Journal's price now growths over time.  Also if you keep you journal it shows current proficiency penalty ( in inventory point on it with a mouse).
15.Reduce amout of troops that required for reinforcement (it still more than in native).
16.Remove experience drain.
17.Increase experience for trophy trading. War trophies now also gives renown. Epic trophies gives experience, renown and honor.
18.Change khergits troops. They now have horses and bows. Elite now wear armor not  ragged outfit.
19.To get charm of fear it is required to capture two bear clan leaders from one migrating bear tribe alive. 
20.Change some parties (pilgrims, travel mercs). Reduce amount of prisoners for parties that spawn with prisoners.
21.Add neutral healer. Sword sister. They are probably most deadly healers.
22.Fix tab exploit.
23.Patch restores native animations. It was not intended. To keep animations use actions.txt from v0.95b

Have fun.
R.

Nice list of changes.

I particularly like the charm of fear idea.
One thing I'd LOVE to see implemented is the "talk to village elder" from the town menu.

I tried modding it in myself but screwed up somewhere & the game wouldn't load.

Will d/l & give it a go

I'm very happy you look at the mod Rongar, glad you like it, and even more glad that you took the time to make such a patch. Thank you! The many interface improvements sound great, and great changes to the journal :smile:

Abilities: you could also read the info in town, but the way you made it is better, yes.
Animations: you're probably right, but I never tried using manual blocking. They can be adjusted.
Assaults: yes, I also find foot combat even more fun.
Bears: the idea was that defeating only 1 bear tribe would give you a guaranteed charm drop (thats why the charm has the guaranteed loot tag. but because of large number of troops in the party, the charms got overwhelmed in the loot screen. Thanks for fixing it, I was planning to do this next.
Troops: need some work yes, in particular I want to reduce the amount of arrows Vaegir carry to 7-9, but powerful. so they have little ammo, and then melee. I will later see how you changed the Khergits (heavy armor on Scourges is good)

I will also write you a message later about my plans for the mod, just to see what you think.

Everyone else, Rongar helped make EGII better with every patch, and this patch for EGIII will also be incorporated into the next version.

Thank you very, very much Rognar.

NOTE: Could you please fix the animations thing, so we don't have to download patch and then take actions.txt from v0.95b? The new animations of EGIII are very nice IMO, make the game more fun.

alhoon said:
Thank you very, very much Rognar.

NOTE: Could you please fix the animations thing, so we don't have to download patch and then take actions.txt from v0.95b? The new animations of EGIII are very nice IMO, make the game more fun.

Yeah, and I think this patch nuked the More Metal Sounds pack. A quick fix and re-upload might be needed.

Rongar said:
I reuploaded.
Sound now also should be ok.

yeah, the mod currently doesn't use the sounds.txt and actions.txt that you get by compiling the source, they are from other mods, so use the ones from previous versions. (this also causes the problem of female player having male voice) I'll have to sort that out at some point. Also Fallen Ones were manually set to 400 str and Perished Ones to 700 str in troops.txt because from source they go only up to 200.

Chel, you are cheater =)

Another try
http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/visit.php?cid=10&lid=1437&f=EGIIIv0.95d.fallens.zip
Animation, sounds, troops. I hope that's all.

Enjoying the updates very much so far.
Slowly training up some peasant women to become sword sisters to see what they're like.

One question though:

I joined a battle between a Khergit lord and a pillaging bear tribe & forest bandits and one of the prisoners I rescued was an "Inventor."
Never come across that unit before. I see he has nice stats (300+ weapon skills) but no skills. What does he do? Heal?

Shifty76 said:
I joined a battle between a Khergit lord and a pillaging bear tribe & forest bandits and one of the prisoners I rescued was an "Inventor."
Never come across that unit before. I see he has nice stats (300+ weapon skills) but no skills. What does he do? Heal?

There were some troops with firearms that I made, but decided not to use them, and didn't enable them.

Rongar did something?
And what exactly did you do with sword sisters? Did you re-equip them and in what parties did you put them? (I haven't had a chance to look at the update or the source yet)

Meh the lowered strength, that explains why i could as a level 4 go melee with 2 fallen ones and still manage through xD..

anyway lovely to see a update.

Shifty76 said:
He has pistols.
I was going to make him a good mounted shooter, but got a bit mix up with his stats. Still he should shoot not bad 'cause his firearms also 300+.

Chel said:
Rongar did something?
I added inventor to travel merc parties.

Chel said:
And what exactly did you do with sword sisters? Did you re-equip them and in what parties did you put them?
I changed their level to 20. I changed heal scripts to have no problems with mounted healers(shamans are also mounted now). I did not add SS directly to any party. But I added peasant women as prisoners to bear raiders.

Kraven said:
Meh the lowered strength, that explains why i could as a level 4 go melee with 2 fallen ones and still manage through xD..

anyway lovely to see a update.

Yeah, I'm used to seeing them bulldozing whole parties, but my hunter and a few travelling mercs actually managed to handle them pretty soundly. The electrical-discharge instaknockout was nigh-unfightably cheap against infantry, and could be toned down to just a gradual unblockable-damage-over-time aura; other than that, however, the Fallen should be as much of a flaming beacon of doom as M&B can produce! Sweet, sweet EGIII challenge... so addictive... :twisted:

Sibilance, Kraven, I don't want to sound like a nagger, but I have to remind that fallens' strength had been fixed already.

Rongar said:
Sibilance, Kraven, I don't want to sound like a nagger, but I have to remind that fallens' strength had been fixed already.

yeah I think they got that :smile: and were just commenting on their experience with the previous version of the patch.

Chel said:
Rongar said:

yeah I think they got that :smile: and were just commenting on their experience with the previous version of the patch.

Yups indeed xD When one starts one shotting Fallen ones, ya figure something is wrong with their stats xD.
(tried to for the fun of it import my old char and see if i could one shot them with that one, which as entertaining as it might be to get back at them for raping me when i went melee with 4-5 at a time of them in previous versions of the game... it quickly became bring though)

I have started a game with the lastest patch (repack2) and fallen ones die quite easily. 20 swadian milita and nord recruits killed a party of 5 with 5 loses.
Also, rhodock crossbowmen don't use their crossbows. This pic explains why
bugjkv.png

11 what? I've tried to give it to Ymira (16 STR 19 DEX) and the message of "I can't use that item!" doesn't appear, but still can't equip her with it, neither my barbarian can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom