v0.611

Users who are viewing this thread

_Sebastian_

Punkbuster 2.0
Baron
Good Morning Folks, long time no see. :wink:

Guess what...
We've released a new update, but this time a bit bigger one.
The mod no longer uses WSE and fully supports MacOS, Linux and of course the ingame Steam overlay.
We ported the mod from WSE to the latest version of Warband(v1.167) without losing any feature.
The Steam Workshop is now fully functional, so you can get the mod from there aswell.

The Development team is now working on the mod on a regular basis again,
so you guys can expect some more updates in the near future.

Let's have a look at the changelog:
Code:
(Sebastian) Fixed several graphical glitches
(Sebastian) Removed the misfire system
(GuiKa, Sebastian) Attribute limit has been increased to 45, skill limit to 15
(Jordan, GuiKa) New background image for the website
(Sebastian) Removed WSE for full Steam, MacOS, Linux support and to allow full Steam Workshop implementation
(Sebastian) Wrote workarrounds for many WSE features in order to work with the latest Warband launcher
(GuiKa) The launcher and server launcher now run with the plain Warband launcher instead of WSE
(Sebastian) Implemented volumetric shader fog
(GuiKa, Sebastian) Fixed serveral bugs
Cheers!

It was interesting to play the mod again after such a long time. The removal of misfires is a bold move. I heard about full AGI characters getting max WPF with firearms sniping cross-map with the muskets, and that misfires and firearm handling was implemented to counter that.

How is this done now? Additionally, when can we except a pistol of sorts to be added to the game?

The Bowman said:
It's sad that this isn't played that much. I suspect it has to do with the registration thing. My suggestion is to just get rid of it.
Sherlock Holmes said:
But..progressive gameplay is the whole point of the mod.
We wont get rid of it, but we think of simplifying the registration process itself.
Theoretically just joining one of the game servers could finish the registration,
but it isn't the most secure method this way. (Master GuiKa wouldnt like that)

Roran 13 said:
It was interesting to play the mod again after such a long time. The removal of misfires is a bold move. I heard about full AGI characters getting max WPF with firearms sniping cross-map with the muskets, and that misfires and firearm handling was implemented to counter that.

How is this done now? Additionally, when can we except a pistol of sorts to be added to the game?
We decided to remove the misfire system, because of the mostly negative feedback from the community.
Beside that we would need to code a good amount of workarrounds to get it working without WSE,
but due to the fact that this feature was just annoying for many people, it wasn't worth the effort.
Full AGI chars dont get the most ammount of WPF since Power Reload adds more points after 6 Weapon Master,
the same applies to Power Pull btw.
A pistol is not planned yet, we haven't found a reference of an early 16th century model... nor of its historical usage.

Back
Top Bottom