Víkingr Jomsborg Event ( 23th February 2017) 18:00 GMT

Users who are viewing this thread

Exactly. Saturation is dangerous, especially when events happen so often (without a big enough player base to support them) that public play gets completely drained. But we've been over this many times, to no avail, so screw it.

Well I have to agree that public servers are more empty than usual. Normally you would have 14-16 players in the evenings, especially on the weekend. Now you have barely 5. Its been this way a week or so.

That's exactly the post-event stagnation Hroþa's talking about. Most major events see a month or so of relative empty servers in their aftermath.

I am wondering how these dry months come about. I can understand that the organizers are a bit oversaturated but why would I as a regular player leave the game for a month (some days is understandable) after an event ? This is my personal point, its only a game and there is no obligation for anyone to show up but its still puzzling.

In this particular case, it's not so much about Dněprŭ but rather about the TW failure, which threw public play off. With a small community, it's always hard to break a vicious circle like that. But post-event depression is a well-documented thing. I can only imagine some people feel there's not much of a point in 15-player skirmishes after taking part in a 150-player battle, but on the other hand there's also the fact that events require energy not only from the organizers but also from the clan leaders and other regulars, who will often need a break afterwards.

Yeah, maybe something like a Vikingr overdose (especially if you play even more than usually in anticipation of the event) that needs to abate before regular playing is taken up again. I've had such experiences myself and guess I'm not the only one.

Great event lads. Video is rendering down now and we should have a proper vid up from the event in the next few hours. I'll post a link here once it's up on the site.

Thanks again for the fun!

Cheers,
Ripper X

Back
Top Bottom