VÍGVELLIR – make and show your own maps

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Éadric

Knight at Arms
Best answers
0
Cheers, Old One!

I think it would look better with an outer terrain that doesn't have those giant birches. They are quite the eyesore, the way they destroy proper proportions.
 

Uga the Caveman

Hmmmm i like that map Éadríc and also i like that little lake.
 

hrotha

Grandmaster Knight
WBNWWF&SVC
Best answers
0
Looking good!

Someone (Eadric) needs to go with that idea of a map that's just a decent-sized mead-hall, to be used when there's few people on the server or whatever.
 

Dragomir

Knight
WB
Best answers
0
Éadríc said:
Anyway, here's another map I whipped up today. It's not meant to be spectacular looking. The church has a door, but it can be opened by both sides so this can't be used as a siege.
Looks really nice and rural! How about adding some fences along the roads? It would logical, because since there are no crops village is prodably mostly cattle-fish oriented. These fences might also provoke some funny situations during battles :wink:

Few more huts would be nice too.
 

Éadric

Knight at Arms
Best answers
0
Thanks, Dragomir! And that's a good idea, I will do that. Though in the form of low dry stone walls like the one around the church right now. And I guess a hut or two wouldn't hurt.
 

Eyecatcher

Squire
Best answers
0
hrotha said:
Looking good!

Someone (Eadric) needs to go with that idea of a map that's just a decent-sized mead-hall, to be used when there's few people on the server or whatever.
like this? (not finished)




I think its small enough.

I hope you like it, even if I am not Eadric.
 

Éadric

Knight at Arms
Best answers
0
Updated with dry stone walls and bushes and a different house next to the church:



More below, behind the spoiler tag.









 

Moeckerkalfie

The stone walls are a very nice idea indeed, it give the entire overview a sense of direction. If things continue at this pace we will have quite a few new maps to choose from in the next patch^^
 

Éadric

Knight at Arms
Best answers
0
Thanks, I'm glad you guys like it. I plan on making more such 'country maps'. Some of them bigger, to get a more spectacular view, though I will probably still place the spawn points of the opposing sides relatively close to each other.
 

hrotha

Grandmaster Knight
WBNWWF&SVC
Best answers
0
Not bad, Helias (although I can't judge on the historical accuracy of your child)! But I was thinking more of a single hall for an honest, open brawl without the possibility of barricading inside a particular room (which would none the less make for a good, if different, map idea).
 

Eyecatcher

Squire
Best answers
0
hrotha said:
Not bad, Helias (although I can't judge on the historical accuracy of your child)! But I was thinking more of a single hall for an honest, open brawl without the possibility of barricading inside a particular room (which would none the less make for a good, if different, map idea).
Everyone spawns in the big hall. The other rooms are just for the teleport-doors. :grin: Maybe there will be 2 entraces to the other rooms to make camps more difficult.
 

BapKing

Veteran
WBNW
Best answers
0
It appears I do not have a C:\Program Files\Vikingr\Modules folder, instead my Vikingr folder lies in the regular Warband Modules folder. I attempted to add a new module in there calle 'VikingrMapping', but when I launched the game through the shortcut on my desktop it did not appear in the module selection options ('..' and 'Vikingr' being all that there were). Upon running a quick search of my PC I did not come up with an alternative Vikingr folder and upon checking the path of the shortcut on my desktop, its location is in the Warband modules folder. I hope this is not me simply being silly, I'll check around a bit more however and should I find it I'll edit my post.
I should also mention I have Warband on Steam and that my Warband directory is on my D drive, after searching it though, there also seems to be no luck.

Thank you for the nice guide which doesn't read like a wall of text though :grin:
 

Moeckerkalfie

Did you copy and rename the mapping folder, or did you maybe just create a new one? The decisive thing is the module.ini that is inside the mod folder, if your mapping folder doesn't have one inside it will probably not be recognized as a mod that you can start.
 

BapKing

Veteran
WBNW
Best answers
0
Moeckerkalfie said:
Did you copy and rename the mapping folder, or did you maybe just create a new one? The decisive thing is the module.ini that is inside the mod folder, if your mapping folder doesn't have one inside it will probably not be recognized as a mod that you can start.
Yep, I copied the entire contents of the original Vikingr folder and put them into a 'VikingrMapping' folder in which a module.ini is present. Thanks for your response.
 

Moeckerkalfie

I suspect that your folder setup is then:
[...]\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Vikingr\Modules\Vikingr\

If it is like this, is the mapping folder you created in the Module folder that I marked red here, or in the blue one?
 

BapKing

Veteran
WBNW
Best answers
0
Moeckerkalfie said:
I suspect that your folder setup is then:
[...]\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Vikingr\Modules\Vikingr\

If it is like this, is the mapping folder you created in the Module folder that I marked red here, or in the blue one?
Ahah, this may very well be my problem, I had my mapping folder in the red one, I'll try now with the blue.

EDIT: Yes this has worked, thank you very much for the help.