VÍGVELLIR – make and show your own maps

Users who are viewing this thread

Hrotha, would be my guess. Basically anyone in lingo with JestServers - or whatever that terrible hosting company is called - so they can send it to them to upload it to the server box.

There's a couple of maps that could use some very minor tweaks and fixes. The following come to mind:
  • Middeltun: Remove the impassable bushes of horse-slaying
  • Se Gierdweg: Fix the ghost fences
  • Fjarðaríss: Remove the plank so that it's not possible to camp the ice like a turd
Any takers?

I made some maps in the past but recently I can't open the inventory screen in editing mode. No idea how to get it back. The terp map, Abingawurd?, needs a minor adjustment removing the fire. Which is very easy.

I was able to locate and restore the pre-1.0 fix version of Abingawurð, which you had already fixed and which somehow was lost during the update, so that one's been taken care of. I get the same issue with the menu windows on the editor, by the way. That's a large part of why I never got into mapmaking. :\

hrotha said:
There's a couple of maps that could use some very minor tweaks and fixes. The following come to mind:
  • Middeltun: Remove the impassable bushes of horse-slaying
  • Se Gierdweg: Fix the ghost fences
  • Fjarðaríss: Remove the plank so that it's not possible to camp the ice like a turd
Any takers?

Fixed them. I'll send them to you.

Alright I need some opinions, I've been meaning to do this map for a long time but each attempt was terrible, so I finally made one that I think is looking much better than previous attempts, so I need to know whether I should continue making this or just stop.

The Map is Thingvellir in Iceland, after visiting there two years ago and again last year ive wanted to make a map of it. Now Please no one tell me about how the islands are wrong, I am well aware that they have shifted greatly since the 11th century, but since it is impossible to know how that would have looked like since it shifts so much, I decided to keep it close to its modern appearance.
Basic layout before editing
DfOB5Su.jpg
The Map so far
http://imgur.com/a/1RnSE

Yellow is where I intend to put bridges

Celtichugs said:
Looks a good map for SWE.

Are maps difficult to make btw?

Well that depends really. Learning the basics of making a map isn't hard but the artistic bits take some practise and skill. Also creativity. Mechanically they're not that difficult to make.

I was thinking of Ceosolford. (Old English ceosol means 'gravel, shingle'. Compare Dutch kiezel 'gravel'.)

It's not a very spectacular map and I'd prefer to add more trees and shrubs to make it look more wooded and natural, but for the sake of performance I'd better not.

As for map making in general, the basics are simple and easy, but getting the landscape molded into hills and dales of one's specific imagination can be quite a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom