Using the Deluge features for productions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Outlawed

Sergeant Knight
Hello guys,

I'll give off a little introduction as to what I am currently working on with a dedicated team of writers and actors and then I'll get to the point afterwards so please stay with me!

We are in the process of producing a Warband Machinima. Something that's really rarely been done on Youtube or in our community. (There was one in Chinese at one point but that was about it)
The Machinima is basically going to take the core elements of the M&B lore and bring them to life with fictitious events and characters. It will have at least 2 seasons and it will probably start airing sometime next year.

To do this we are going to be creating our very own custom production module to give to all the stuntmen and actors required for each scene. We are working with GK's DBD to use the GK Bundle to help add things like weather and time of day and what not, and that is when I thought of The Deluge. I remember playing this in its beta stages and being blown away (no pun intended) by the wind and the storm effects that it had.

So here is my request of the developers of The Deluge:
We need your help!
We have a dedicated coder and some mappers already working on the scenes and the class systems we need to make production as smooth as possible, but we need someone from your team to talk to us about the wind shaders in the Deluge and to help us add them to our custom module.
You can be assured that when we do release the episodes and if you do allow us to use some of your shaders that we will always credit you with it and never release the custom module that we are using to the public.

I hope that you can understand our sentiment and be a part of something that we hope will impress the community very much and bring even more exposure to the M&B franchise before M&BII hits stores!

Thanks for your time.

Hi.

Unfortunately current sittuation around animated shaders is quite unclear since one of our team members, the creator of those shaders, is gone since the end of semptember. We haven't hear from him since then and we cannot decide in this matter on our own, because it's all his work and we have to respect that. I'm also sorry for not answering to your PM, but I was hoping for him to show up, so I could give you a proper and clear answer. For now all we can do is just wait.

Other thing is that porting animated shaders to "clean" Warband will take a hell lot of work. It's not just copy/paste the shader file. All of the old tree/bushes/plants/grass models need to be tweaked for those shaders to work properly on them, otherwise you'll get just plain chaos. Currently Tul is the only one who knows how exactly this needs to be done, so again, he's the only one who can help you...

I wish we had some better aswer for you, but like I said, there's not much we can do on our own and we all have to wait for him to come back.

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
Hi.

Unfortunately current sittuation around animated shaders is quite unclear since one of our team members, the creator of those shaders, is gone since the end of semptember. We haven't hear from him since then and we cannot decide in this matter on our own, because it's all his work and we have to respect that. I'm also sorry for not answering to your PM, but I was hoping for him to show up, so I could give you a proper and clear answer. For now all we can do is just wait.

Other thing is that porting animated shaders to "clean" Warband will take a hell lot of work. It's not just copy/paste the shader file. All of the old tree/bushes/plants/grass models need to be tweaked for those shaders to work properly on them, otherwise you'll get just plain chaos. Currently Tul is the only one who knows how exactly this needs to be done, so again, he's the only one who can help you...

I wish we had some better aswer for you, but like I said, there's not much we can do on our own and we all have to wait for him to come back.

Thanks man. I really appreciate your answer.
We'll wait for him to return then as we are still writing the scripts!
Maybe we could use The Deluge for filming then and add native models in?

Hey again, firstly happy holidays!
Secondly, sorry for the double post.
I'm wondering if the 'shader guy' has returned?

Back
Top Bottom