SP - General Using minor factions to curb snowballing

Users who are viewing this thread

thepigtheape

Recruit
I think it's fair to say that snowballing factions are maybe the most pressing issues in terms of game balance and long term playability. If minor factions grew in power relative to the number of cities and castles owned by their respective minor factions, would that make them more effective at slowing down factions that run the risk of taking over the world? The idea here is that a faction that is rapidly expanding would have their attention drawn back to their home territory to fend off peasant revolt type sieges, while factions on the brink of annihilation have little to worry about from their own little band of domestic rebels.

While I have seen a lot of interesting solutions to this issue (like EU4's aggressive expansion mechanic), and I don't think this would be a perfect fix, it seems like it would be a relatively minor adjustment to implement in the interim while devs focus the bulk of their attention towards stability and optimization issues.

+1 to this suggestion. There should definitely be a regular injection of upstarts and rebellions to deal with. Especially when the ruling faction hasn't put measures in place to suppress newly conquered subjects.

Maybe take the system from EU4 when it comes to policing, whether you are peaceful about it or savage. Or newly conquered settlements need an unusually high amount of manpower for a period of time before they can be left to their default. In any case, Kingdom stability should definitely get more difficult depending on size.

+1 to this suggestion. There should definitely be a regular injection of upstarts and rebellions to deal with. Especially when the ruling faction hasn't put measures in place to suppress newly conquered subjects.

Maybe take the system from EU4 when it comes to policing, whether you are peaceful about it or savage. Or newly conquered settlements need an unusually high amount of manpower for a period of time before they can be left to their default. In any case, Kingdom stability should definitely get more difficult depending on size.

i would asssume this is going to be added (when idk) as im sure they talked about something similar in a devblog but dont quote me on that

Back
Top Bottom