Useless Kick

Users who are viewing this thread

I played a lot in Warband multiplayer, and kick was very useful back there-it gave you enough time for free hit to the opponent. However in Bannerlord it only stuns him for a little bit, but you aren't really able to deliver the blow. I tested it both with shields, two-handed, one-handed and polearms, and nothing really seems to work except for extremely fast weapons like short swords against heavy horsemen on foot.
My quiestion is - was it really designed that way or is it broken? Kick was often used in duels, and removing its stun effect limits the number of actions you can do in duel.
The main problem is that while doing kick you can't raise your weapon, while in warband you could perform kick while holding LMB and being ready to deliver a hit. In Bannerlord as soon as you press E character's arm with weapon goes down and raises again when the animation of kick ends, thus wasting time and depriving you of opportunity to do a strike.

same for shield bashes
Well, I like shield bashes the way they are now, because they are mainly used for teamplay, like your teammate hits opponent with shield and you get a chance to deliver a blow. But kick doesn't work that way, it's simply inconvenient trying to kick opponent who is moving backwards in order to break his defence for your teammate. That's why it was usually used in duels or against rushing opponents-it can normally be performed only when someone is approaching you, not the opposite.

Back
Top Bottom