Useful tips to players

Users who are viewing this thread

khornebread said:
Kagirus said:
Hi, i have a serious issue regarding "The Black Mace" quest. I have finally got to the quest where i need to help the Polish claimant take over the throne, in this game, i was first with sweden and then with Cossack Hetmanate, so that means that Warsawa and some other polish cities is conquered by other factions.

Now, after ive started the rebellion and has conquered a city a note comes up: "You no longer control the capital. All is lost." Then all the quests regarding the rebellion and the black mace are cancelled. I have tried conquering Warsawa and then started the rebellion but with the same result. What should i do?

load up a previously saved game, there are numerous things that can end the black mace quest.  If not possible export character to new game.

How can i load a previously saved game or export an character?

So I just updated from 1.13 and it seems like they gutted the caravan system. I used to be able to send large caravans now they only let me send small 5 item caravans. Second the trade routes i used to use no longer have enough supplies to send a caravan. and  i have yet to find a city that will allow me to caravan spice or velvet. any tips or advice on how to make money now? i am tired of following caravans across the map and making like 900 gold
some one smarter than me should update this guide.

I found a spice city.  Forgot where though.  And to find out what the big loads are, go to the normal market and look at the goods.  If they have a lot of one item, then that will be available for larger caravan loads.

heres a big tip

In order to stop all your weapons from always being taken, always keep them in your bag unless your seiging or going to a village.

Itll change the rate of losing your weapons to about the same as warbands as far as i can see

Out of interest, is the caravan system somehow nerfed from earlier versions? Earlier pages talk about sending huge amounts of stuff but I keep only getting 5-10 unit caravans... Except for bread, fish and meat which always come in 20 unit caravans which on the other hand don't really make that much profit.

Mandemon said:
Out of interest, is the caravan system somehow nerfed from earlier versions? Earlier pages talk about sending huge amounts of stuff but I keep only getting 5-10 unit caravans... Except for bread, fish and meat which always come in 20 unit caravans which on the other hand don't really make that much profit.

Originally if a town had even 1 of an item you could send large quantities of that item.  Now it's fixed and you can only send as many as they have in the market.  So the velvet caravans are pretty much impossible.

Some good places to start if you're low on cash are Reval for fish and Bakhchisaray for pottery.  Both produce large quantities at low prices, so you can always put together a cheap caravan that's very profitable.  Otherwise visit a market to see what items are available in multiples of 5, then assess local prices to find the best destination.

But lately I've found two ways to make a lot of easy cash very quickly that can't be done with caravans.  The first is to stop at villages along my route and pick up cheap food and raw materials and sell them at my destination city.  The quantities are low but the profits very high.  And any time I'm in a city I'll buy any powder they've got and sell it to fortresses/castles.  You can make 600-700 profit per barrel if you sell to fortresses that have been changing hands a lot.

heres a good tip

You are not invincible. Even the weakest farmer can fell you with a single, lucky shot. Always watch where you are going and use your wits, not your clicking finger

chinaboi415 said:
dude can you change the armour of your volunteers from your faction? and how do i loan my mnoey and stuff i wana make tons of money, and how do i get a castle, do they not vote for someone like they did in warband or do i have to go off and get it myself?
man i want to know the answer to this question... someone can do the favor?

you can only change armour of your mercenary soldiers that you can buy at any of the 5 mercenery camps on the map.
but you have to be careful because it could get very expensive.

and if you need money, you can attack enemy villages or sale stuff that you can take from battles. and it is really important that you have to look that you have not too many soldiers, because some of them are really expensive. 
but after a while, when you play te story line for an empire, you can get castles and villages, and weekly taxes from your fiefs.

The storylines require you to leave "their" faction and join others anyways, so yes, that works, however, it won't end the storyline... the only way to go back into completely "normal" play once you've started a storyline comes towards the end of hte Polish storyline.

OK here is a question to the more experienced:

I am playing with the polish, i was even a merc for them. During this time i also recruited Colonel Zagloba and the 'The Deluge' quest started. ONce my merc contract expired (after 3 months i didn't extend it in good hope that the King will grant me becoming a vassal. But nothing happened. Currently i have high relations with the Polish republuc aswell as with the king but i can't become a vassal.

Somewhere it is said you can't become a vassal if you have an active storyline. Is that true?

If that is so, what must i do to become a vassal of the polish nation?

Trifail said:
OK here is a question to the more experienced:

I am playing with the polish, i was even a merc for them. During this time i also recruited Colonel Zagloba and the 'The Deluge' quest started. ONce my merc contract expired (after 3 months i didn't extend it in good hope that the King will grant me becoming a vassal. But nothing happened. Currently i have high relations with the Polish republuc aswell as with the king but i can't become a vassal.

Somewhere it is said you can't become a vassal if you have an active storyline. Is that true?

If that is so, what must i do to become a vassal of the polish nation?

You can be vassal of any faction without starting story line. Just make good amount of renown and vassalage offers will come to your screen then accept whichever you want.

I have a similar problem. While I have been a mercenary for them Chmelnyzkyj gave me the task to defend a village after a larger battle. I noticed to late that this starts the cossack-storyline (Black Mace). So I didn't do it but can't get rid of the quest. It would be no problem. But now my mercenary contract has expired and I didn't want to renew it because the Cossacks were at peace with everyone. Now it seems that I can't join any faction after leaving them. Any ideas? Any help?

RC-1136 said:
I have a similar problem. While I have been a mercenary for them Chmelnyzkyj gave me the task to defend a village after a larger battle. I noticed to late that this starts the cossack-storyline (Black Mace). So I didn't do it but can't get rid of the quest. It would be no problem. But now my mercenary contract has expired and I didn't want to renew it because the Cossacks were at peace with everyone. Now it seems that I can't join any faction after leaving them. Any ideas? Any help?

Finish the quest, or, restart the game - I've encountered a much worse scenario, won the rebellion on the Black Mace quest, then seized the city, lost all my progress due to a insane bug within the game...

Back
Top Bottom