Useful tips to players

Users who are viewing this thread

HELP WITH PAFNUTY!

okay its been two weeks and where the hell is my lil' PAFNUTY he ran off ( anyways some help would be appreciated.

cheers

Uh hey! I need help.

I started Polish storyline. Time passed and King Casimir the Great told me to quit his kngdom and help claimant to the throne of that archery kingdom[forgot the name but its like khergit khanate].So then Poland will have alliance with it and they will help us out.
But the problem is I dont have any lord on my side...

Help???

Cheers

Caravan between Warzaw and Koenigsberg sux. Only trade velvet or spice. Send the caravans from some cossack city, search them all until you find velvet at 100 thalers (give or take). NOTE: if the goods merchant have it, you can send it with a caravan. Send the caravan to Ryazan, Novgorod or Vyborg (prices changes, but these towns often have high prices), and expect a profit of 40k +, depending which town has the highest price. Highest profit i made was from Kiev to Vyborg 136k.

Probably already been mentioned but I found that you can send a caravan based on whatever items are in the goods market... so I carry one each of velvet, spice, tools, iron etc (high value goods) at all times. That way, I can "Assess local prices", trade the relevant item into the market, talk to the Mayor and send the caravan and pick up my item from the market before I leave. Cheating a bit I suppose but stupidly profitable.

Potent_Schraphlon said:
Any tips on levelling your companions? I never had much luck with them in previous games but now they hardly seem to kill anyone.

I second this... any tips for training up my companion NPCs would be appreciated.

Darmoth said:
Potent_Schraphlon said:
Any tips on levelling your companions? I never had much luck with them in previous games but now they hardly seem to kill anyone.

I second this... any tips for training up my companion NPCs would be appreciated.

Try to give them a lance and they'll couch enemies

mikkamakka said:
Or if you go back south with empty inventory try to catch a few deserter band for loot- very rarely i got a nice loot (but most of the time is really disappoint me when i kill 30 muskateer i got only two hat and a bag of useless bullet :-/  all enemy eat their own gun and armor before they die or what?)

I hope you guys find it useful !

Totally unrelated but I just wanted to point out how awesome this was....

Shabadu_ said:
Probably already been mentioned but I found that you can send a caravan based on whatever items are in the goods market... so I carry one each of velvet, spice, tools, iron etc (high value goods) at all times. That way, I can "Assess local prices", trade the relevant item into the market, talk to the Mayor and send the caravan and pick up my item from the market before I leave. Cheating a bit I suppose but stupidly profitable.

Its not cheating when you SHOULD be able to do this.. imo

That caravan-hint is mostly useless. I tried to run caravans several times (about 2 douzend), especially Königsberg - Warsaw and other cities two but i never made just a single thaler. Mostly a caravan costs me about 4.000 Thaler and the outcome is ... brace yoursefl ... 200 Thaler .... So i start up with about 15k Thaler and end up with not even 2k left.

Oroberus said:
That caravan-hint is mostly useless. I tried to run caravans several times (about 2 douzend), especially Königsberg - Warsaw and other cities two but i never made just a single thaler. Mostly a caravan costs me about 4.000 Thaler and the outcome is ... brace yoursefl ... 200 Thaler .... So i start up with about 15k Thaler and end up with not even 2k left.

try simply taking (velvet or spice) from the south and sell it to the north its impossible you lose money, simply impossible. you can begin by taking just simple unit of this 2 ressources from the goods market directly. try buying from crimean khanate or cossack and sell to upper north russia or sweden.

the caravan-hint, its not useless at all, if you want to buy high-end armor from the market or hand crafted armor from the armor master, it will help alot. I fight big sweden army and they drop nothing valuable, its very rare they drop something good.

if you look through the windows of the goods- market in two towns.

1. if the value for one unit of goods ( any goods ) is really higher between to town try to buy this unit of goods in the city where the price is lower  and sell it back to the other city where the price of purchase is habitually higher.

I know that trading can be pretty usefull but that caravan-hint isn't. Even after 30(!) caravans there is nothing about those "trade-patents" ...

Oroberus said:
I know that trading can be pretty usefull but that caravan-hint isn't. Even after 30(!) caravans there is nothing about those "trade-patents" ...

I'm sorry, but all this time you've kept saying that caravan trading doesn't work, you've not given us one piece of information we can use to help you with... and just repeating  "I've tried (NOW according to your count) sending 60 caravans and lost money on each one is information that is meaningless to us.

1. WHAT goods are you sending in these caravans.

2.  What price are you paying according to the Mayer for each of those goods.

3.  Did you do the 'assess local prices" option in the Market menu to find where the best deals to haul with and where, or do you just randomly go to the Mayer and pick a random city to haul to and a random commodity?  If you did do the 'Assess local prices', what items were recommended and profit expected?

4.  What caravan size are you dealing in?

5,  As posted in many other threads (even earlier in this thread), you need to send a caravan of High Value Goods (and no, high cost goods is NOT the same thing), to get the quest to get a Trade Permit.

Shabadu_ said:
so I carry one each of velvet, spice, tools, iron (high value goods) at all times. That way, I can "Assess local prices", trade the relevant item into the market, talk to the Mayor and send the caravan and pick up my item from the market before I leave.

So, once again, the more specific info you give us on what you're doing, the better we can help you (and please, stop with exaggerating how many caravans you sent out - really, 60 caravans?).

And no, don't write up 60 examples, pick the last one where you lost money (or do another test of what you normally do (if you've done 60 caravans, one more should be a piece of cake)), and give us the specifics of that one.  We can't read your mind, the Internet cable is too small.

:smile:

Back
Top Bottom