Useful tips to players

Users who are viewing this thread

Ceriy said:
First post
Fatima, Yelisey, Fedot, Sarbun, Karlson, Priest Spasokukotskyi +Zagloba when doing Polish Storyline or Mamay when doing Cossack one.

Proper names are:

trp_npc1|Colonel Zagloba
trp_npc1_pl|Colonel Zagloba
trp_npc2|Tepes
trp_npc2_pl|Tepes
trp_npc3|Priest Spasokukotsky
trp_npc3_pl|Priest Spasokukotsky
trp_npc4|Mamai
trp_npc4_pl|Mamai
trp_npc5|Karlsson
trp_npc5_pl|Karlsson
trp_npc6|Fedot
trp_npc6_pl|Fedot
trp_npc7|Yelisei
trp_npc7_pl|Yelisei
trp_npc8|Bakhyt
trp_npc8_pl|Bakhyt
trp_npc9|Algirdas
trp_npc9_pl|Algirdas
trp_npc10|Victor de la Buscador
trp_npc10_pl|Victor de la Buscador
trp_npc11|Nogai
trp_npc11_pl|Nogai
trp_npc12|Sarabun
trp_npc12_pl|Sarabun
trp_npc13|Oksana
trp_npc13_pl|Oksana
trp_npc14|Ingri
trp_npc14_pl|Ingri
trp_npc15|Varvara
trp_npc15_pl|Varvara
trp_npc16|Fatima
trp_npc16_pl|Fatima

J Awesome said:
OK, so is the Trade permit 4500, or 45,000?  It says 4500, but I have 22K, and it's apparently 'too expensive'.  And how much of an improvement is the permit?
With the permit you can trade high priced goods with no penalty.

Hurricane Andrew said:
I'm stuck on a quest where i have to find this person after I'm imprisoned and get out. I can't find him hes not a vassal to any faction but should be. anyone can help me?
What's his name?

Maxim Suvorov said:
Ceriy said:
First post
Fatima, Yelisey, Fedot, Sarbun, Karlson, Priest Spasokukotskyi +Zagloba when doing Polish Storyline or Mamay when doing Cossack one.

Proper names are:

trp_npc1|Colonel Zagloba
trp_npc1_pl|Colonel Zagloba
trp_npc2|Tepes
trp_npc2_pl|Tepes
trp_npc3|Priest Spasokukotsky
trp_npc3_pl|Priest Spasokukotsky
trp_npc4|Mamai
trp_npc4_pl|Mamai
trp_npc5|Karlsson
trp_npc5_pl|Karlsson
trp_npc6|Fedot
trp_npc6_pl|Fedot
trp_npc7|Yelisei
trp_npc7_pl|Yelisei
trp_npc8|Bakhyt
trp_npc8_pl|Bakhyt
trp_npc9|Algirdas
trp_npc9_pl|Algirdas
trp_npc10|Victor de la Buscador
trp_npc10_pl|Victor de la Buscador
trp_npc11|Nogai
trp_npc11_pl|Nogai
trp_npc12|Sarabun
trp_npc12_pl|Sarabun
trp_npc13|Oksana
trp_npc13_pl|Oksana
trp_npc14|Ingri
trp_npc14_pl|Ingri
trp_npc15|Varvara
trp_npc15_pl|Varvara
trp_npc16|Fatima
trp_npc16_pl|Fatima
Thanks for the proper names.

Wow you guys should try playing the game instead of asking what will happen at every step. The only thing I was wondering was whether you can actually upgrade troops since there is no greyed out option like there was in Warband or M&B 1.

If there is no option you can't, some troops have it some don't. the once you can upgrade have the little greyed out box. It works like in warband.

Ceriy said:
* Get a few thousand thalers and start sending caravans. I found that Warsaw and Koningsberg are the easiest cities to send caravans to and from. There is small distance, expansive goods and almost no bandits in that area.

How does this give me a profit when the caravans cost 3-4k and all I gain is 300-400 thalers?

Also, how do I get a trade patent and whats it good for?

I just got the option to get one at the mayor in Koeningsberg.. after I had sent about 3 caravans losing tons of money... Isnt there a quicker way of getting one?

EDIT: And... when I try to get one- he says I have to pay 4.5k, I have about 11k, but then my character says: That's too expensive for me. Is this a bug or... I'm really confused

SulleDrake said:
I just got the option to get one at the mayor in Koeningsberg.. after I had sent about 3 caravans losing tons of money... Isnt there a quicker way of getting one?

EDIT: And... when I try to get one- he says I have to pay 4.5k, I have about 11k, but then my character says: That's too expensive for me. Is this a bug or... I'm really confused
Maybe it's some new bug, but some people were able to get a patent.

Okay... I figured it out.

You said it used to cost 45k but they changed it to 4.5k.
And just as you are saying, the mayor says it costs 4.5k- This does not work, so I tried and cheated cash up to 45k and asked again- Then it worked... despite him saying it only costs 4.5 in the game, just as you said.

EDIT: I just noticed that this guy had the exact same problem http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,168308.0.html

It's a TYPO and it's actually 45000...

Also note: NOT AT CARAVANS ARE PROFITABLE
They need to fix that think where it says "I received a profit of blah blah blah." You don't. That's your income. Before expenses.

In order to find profitable routes, have some trade skill, then see where you can get a profit from that city and which destination.

Think of it this way, caravans are a way to purchase goods without filling up your inventory.

Heres a tip I found with caravans:

Use the assess trade skill.  This shows places with high buying prices for that good.  But we all know that it lists goods that the town doesnt have for sale.  This doesnt matter for this though.

Since it seems that caravaners can only send what is in the goods marketplace, just keep one of an expensive item (ie velvet) in your inventory.  So sell it to the goods merchant, send the caravan to a place where it pays well, buy your one item back, then lead your caravan to victory.

A caravan of velvet from kamenents to vyborg is worth a LOT of money.

There is also a bug which you can take advantage of once - When you take a caravan of really expensive goods for the first time and get the quest for the trade permit at the end, you can get double profit that one time.

NONE of the trade value's are correct, so trade is void for money making, it can say "costs 158 per unit, 7569 for caravan (no value's accurately calculated for this example ofc) and will cost 400 a unit, 75698 for caravan, and when you do it will say "PROFIT 4500" by what it mean's is thats all you have left as you lost everything else, i just done a small caravan for beef to warsaw, all projected number's came bck profit, went there sold and got "15094 profit" i thought sweet, nope i lost 4k..... despite wat they said

Hello! Erm great advice so far just have to ask

When I select the option of "I'd like to talk about trade..."
And then select "Yes, I'd like to send a caravan to blahblah"
The Mayor then says "Very well" or something like that
Then my Character says "Maybe some other time" ?

This happens everytime I try, what am I doing wrong? Do I need to ask about a what jobs I can do for him or?
Please help, I'm very confused about this game a lot of things are not working how they should and it's frustrating

Audustum said:
You need to have enough money to be able to see the caravan options.

About 3000 should be enough.

Thank you very much for the fast reply.
They really need to work on making things clearer in this game, I'm also having the same problem as a lot of people as my Mercs will not rank up, however that's not relevant.
Thanks again!

Riaya said:
Audustum said:
You need to have enough money to be able to see the caravan options.

About 3000 should be enough.

Thank you very much for the fast reply.
They really need to work on making things clearer in this game, I'm also having the same problem as a lot of people as my Mercs will not rank up, however that's not relevant.
Thanks again!
That's a bug that troops can't rank up.

Back
Top Bottom