Useful tips to players

Users who are viewing this thread

SkyShadowing said:
See, there's the problem. My number is saying that I made 400 gold profit.

this!

I've been trying to do some trading but regardless of what I buy, I get a "profit", but the gold spent on the caravan is nowhere to be seen wich means I make a massive loss each time around.

System kinda has me baffled so far.

luedine said:
SkyShadowing said:
See, there's the problem. My number is saying that I made 400 gold profit.

this!

I've been trying to do some trading but regardless of what I buy, I get a "profit", but the gold spent on the caravan is nowhere to be seen wich means I make a massive loss each time around.

System kinda has me baffled so far.
Out of curiosity, where did you get the game? I got mine from Steam.

Ceriy said:
Try to take a loan from the bank, ask lords for quest and hope you get collect taxes one.

Thank you, sir. I climbed out of the hole without any loans - tax collecting and spice trade saved me.

Level 8 on day 1 with no end in sight: insult and beat the Pub Visitor from now until doomsday. Your reward seems to be 150 xp and/or a saber (sells for 500+) and/or 400 thalers and -3 relations with town.

Smolensk "hates (me) with a passion" (-100 relations). Note to self: do no trading in that town.

Keep doing caravans, you will need lots of money later, find npcs for your party, send them to university, Each session is 3,000 per npc nad lasts 3 days. It's a nice way of upgrading them before you even start using them in fights.

Ceriy said:
Keep doing caravans, you will need lots of money later, find npcs for your party, send them to university, Each session is 3,000 per npc nad lasts 3 days. It's a nice way of upgrading them before you even start using them in fights.

So I just get a large shipment of something costing 100 or more and that is an assured proft?

Owen Wulfson said:
Ceriy said:

So I just get a large shipment of something costing 100 or more and that is an assured proft?
I had a lot of caravans with ~800/unit in spices that brought ~45,000-60,000 in clear profit, maybe its less now. You can make a back up of a saved game and try a few runs. The more expansive goods are the more profit.

Babaganoush said:
Seeing how the Russian WFAS has been long out before the English one, do you know of any companion combos?
First post
Fatima, Yelisey, Fedot, Sarbun, Karlson, Priest Spasokukotskyi +Zagloba when doing Polish Storyline or Mamay when doing Cossack one.

Ceriy said:
Owen Wulfson said:
Ceriy said:

I had a lot of caravans with ~800/unit in spices that brought ~45,000-60,000 in clear profit, maybe its less now. You can make a back up of a saved game and try a few runs. The more expansive goods are the more profit.

Babaganoush said:
Seeing how the Russian WFAS has been long out before the English one, do you know of any companion combos?
First post
Fatima, Yelisey, Fedot, Sarbun, Karlson, Priest Spasokukotskyi +Zagloba when doing Polish Storyline or Mamay when doing Cossack one.
One last thing, how important is it that I have skills in trade? because I basically have none at the moment - well, one but thats it.

I completed my storyline and had 1 in trade for ~3 month. I don't think trade affects caravans, but I usually have a npc with high trade skill.

Ceriy said:
Owen Wulfson said:
Ceriy said:

Babaganoush said:
First post

Oh my bad, I've been playing it for five hours and didn't see any of those names, so I thought when you meant "NPCs" i thought they were storyline related. Not general companions.

OK, so is the Trade permit 4500, or 45,000?  It says 4500, but I have 22K, and it's apparently 'too expensive'.  And how much of an improvement is the permit?

Oh, and what does that covered wagon in the camp menu do?

J Awesome said:
OK, so is the Trade permit 4500, or 45,000?  It says 4500, but I have 22K, and it's apparently 'too expensive'.  And how much of an improvement is the permit?

Oh, and what does that covered wagon in the camp menu do?

It provides you with a mini fort when you get attacked on the field.

Great for guarding your riflemen.

There's only one entrance in the wagon fort so you can use it as a chokepoint for pikemen.

Okay to add to the caravan thing. I found a VERY VERY lucrative trade route. It might be far, but if your party is large enough, not even the large bands of deserters will bother you when you Ctrl+Space.

Around Kiev and Kalanchak Fortress, you may have the option to sell Spice and Velvet. Spice is more common.

But your target is Narva. Usually with Kiev you get a net profit of *42000*. That's not the typo the game has. That's after expenses.

...If you find velvet at Kalanchak Fortress.. you can buy it cheap around 60 a unit....
Your net profit at Narva?

I'm rolling in silver.

Back
Top Bottom