Useful tips to players

Users who are viewing this thread

J Awesome said:
OK, so is the Trade permit 4500, or 45,000?  It says 4500, but I have 22K, and it's apparently 'too expensive'.  And how much of an improvement is the permit?

Oh, and what does that covered wagon in the camp menu do?

its 45,000  its a typo saying 4500  that's its telling you to expensive

Babaganoush said:
Okay to add to the caravan thing. I found a VERY VERY lucrative trade route. It might be far, but if your party is large enough, not even the large bands of deserters will bother you when you Ctrl+Space.

Around Kiev and Kalanchak Fortress, you may have the option to sell Spice and Velvet. Spice is more common.

But your target is Narva. Usually with Kiev you get a net profit of *42000*. That's not the typo the game has. That's after expenses.

...If you find velvet at Kalanchak Fortress.. you can buy it cheap around 60 a unit....
Your net profit at Narva?

I'm rolling in silver.

So you're saying, if I buy velvet or spice from Kiev or Kalanchak send it with a trade caravan to Narva- I can earn that much of a profit?

Also; Would that be pre or post getting the Permit?

SulleDrake said:
Babaganoush said:
Okay to add to the caravan thing. I found a VERY VERY lucrative trade route. It might be far, but if your party is large enough, not even the large bands of deserters will bother you when you Ctrl+Space.

Around Kiev and Kalanchak Fortress, you may have the option to sell Spice and Velvet. Spice is more common.

But your target is Narva. Usually with Kiev you get a net profit of *42000*. That's not the typo the game has. That's after expenses.

...If you find velvet at Kalanchak Fortress.. you can buy it cheap around 60 a unit....

I'm rolling in silver.

So you're saying, if I buy velvet or spice from Kiev or Kalanchak send it with a trade caravan to Narva- I can earn that much of a profit?

you dont buy any of it. When you go to start a caravan they give you the 40 units of velvet at discount in bulk. once you reach the destination you get paid for it.

not sure if you would get that amount but I have had some crazy loses when doing the caravans!

SulleDrake said:
Babaganoush said:

I'm rolling in silver.

That's after permit and it includes price of sending a caravan, so profit is a ~45,000. Even sending spice from Koni to Warsaw I was making 60,000 in clear profit. That's why I suggested those to cities. They are very close, always high priced goods there, almost no bandits in the area. Even if you don't make much profit per caravan, cities close proximity allows you to do 6,7 runs in same time you go from Kalanchak to Narva. When you're sending caravans make sure that you're not at war with that faction or that you don't have to cross lots of enemy territory.

Example:
Velver price  - 1,050 thalers
Price to send caravan - 90,750
After selling velvet (people confuse this with profit) - 141,700
Clear profit - 50,950

So how exactly am I suppose to obtain this trade permit, I have done about five or so caravan runs and I still don't have an option to buy one.

If the pre-combat screen reads "so and so have retreated to their camp," don't bother attacking. The game treats them like the village defense engagements from Warband, and will never give you any loot (at least for the wandering overland critters). Choose "leave," and walk away; there is nothing to be gained by an attack.

nikotuck said:
So how exactly am I suppose to obtain this trade permit, I have done about five or so caravan runs and I still don't have an option to buy one.
When selecting goods for caravan select something that costs ~50/unit, when you reach city you will get a message that you need a trade patent.

Ceriy said:
When selecting goods for caravan select something that costs ~50/unit, when you reach city you will get a message that you need a trade patent.
Alright, I'll try that. Thanks.

Heya guys!
I have a more easy way to make basic money, (100000) without risks.
First you need 2-3000 from quest, loot etc, than buy mercenaries (cca30-40 'couse the bandits, deserters have a same number of party they'll running and dont attack ) go south of the map, make a big round (Izum fort., Kyzyl-yar fort., Perekop, Kalanchak fort) and buy spice (price under 3-400) velvet (100-200) iron (20-40) oil (40-60) and than go north and sell it at the russian big cities (Ryazan, Tula, Novogorod) and the big cities of sweden kingdome (Vyborg, Pskov, Narva) when the price is good (spice 900-1100, velvet 900-1300, iron 300, oil 300-500).
When before you go back to another round sometimes worthwhile to look around for fur buy it if its around 20-50 and than sell at south. Or if you go back south with empty inventory try to catch a few deserter band for loot- very rarely i got a nice loot (but most of the time is really disappoint me when i kill 30 muskateer i got only two hat and a bag of useless bullet :-/  all enemy eat their own gun and armor before they die or what?)

I hope you guys find it useful !

Auldman said:
What is all of this stuff about caravans? Can't I just raise a company and join a faction as a merc leader? Do I have to be a merchant? I'd rather be a soldier  :grin:

What this guy said.

Everyone talks about nothing but trade and caravans. What if I want combat and don't want to trade for hours before I can do it, thought WFaS stood for With Fire and Sword, not With Fur and Spices :sad:.

Trailerpark said:
Playing as a Soldier is easy. You just dont make that much profit.

How can you afford the troops needed then? They tend to die fairly easily unless you have some really expensive ones.

Brooder said:
Trailerpark said:

How can you afford the troops needed then? They tend to die fairly easily unless you have some really expensive ones.

use Sweden Marksman Merc's  and buy Pikeman from the Taverns. very cheap and effective army at start.

Brooder said:
Trailerpark said:

my tactics is working well...
never attacking a bigger army like your own, max equal. buy only shooter merceneries and maybe a few melee cavalry. when the battle begin find a hill or some higher place and order to the hill top of your army-stand firm, order them-dont shot! when the enemy charge enough close order to fire at will! than go around with the calvalry go far back to enemy lines and start killing their shooters in melee. in equal numbers i've lost only 2-3 merc (i have a doctor in my party, some priest with a nice long name).

so what i mean in this game you need to use an absolutely different tactics like warband.

Brooder said:
Everyone talks about nothing but trade and caravans. What if I want combat and don't want to trade for hours before I can do it, thought WFaS stood for With Fire and Sword, not With Fur and Spices :sad:.

Im with you on this one. atleast with with warband you could do tournaments and bet on yourself for a few quid. i never needed to trade in any of the Mount and Blade games before. I feel they just killed the franchise.  Its gone like EGOSOFT: X3

Ste105 said:
Brooder said:

Im with you on this one. atleast with with warband you could do tournaments and bet on yourself for a few quid. i never needed to trade in any of the Mount and Blade games before. I feel they just killed the franchise.  Its gone like EGOSOFT: X3

I guess this new style makes more for planning and investment rather than just going to a tournament, beating down a few peeps and then earn 4k. But I do miss the option of doing that...

Back
Top Bottom