Useful tips to players

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a few questions and would appreciate if someone could answer them.

1) I hired all of them mercenaries. Will they replenish? What is the rate of replenish?

2) I ordered handcrafted weapons and armor, but everytime I go pick them up. I cant seems to find them. Is it because the city were being captured by enemy?

Draco123 said:
mercenaries will replenish
and you will get a message when the equipment is done

I went to pick it up when I'm being notified but cant see it. and happens alot of time already.

FireDancer said:
Draco123 said:
try patching your game  :idea:

Well, I patched it to the latest version already. Thanks for the help anyway.  :smile:

It has nothing to do with your patch, basically sometimes that person (weapon/armor master) goes away usually when the town has changed factions you have to wait for the AI to rebuild that improvement and then you may go collect your order as normal... hope this helps....

Mykeus

I don't know you but with the new update the trade with caravans is veeeeeeeeeeeeery less profitable :/ I even can't see the option to launch a large convoy. Is it mormal ?

Le Chat Vert said:
I don't know you but with the new update the trade with caravans is veeeeeeeeeeeeery less profitable :/ I even can't see the option to launch a large convoy. Is it mormal ?
Normal* and I thinks it's now depended on your trade skill.

When you start a storyline quest, does it lock the ability to join a faction as a merc or noble?

I started the black mace quest while neutral, but I'm unable to actually join the cossacks, which seems like an odd design choice if it isn't a bug.

This is intentional I believe quixotecoyote... same happens here and Ive read a couple other posters say the same thing...

Sorry guys, I couldn't figure out a better thread to ask these questions.  I just patched to 1.143 and can't figure out the answers to these questions:

1) I used to make 100k profit velvet runs from Moscow to Tver',  and now that's (realistically) gone.  But when I enter towns even in the South, there are no options to run a velvet caravan.  Do I need to wait?  Is my trade skill high enough?  It's 4.

2) Second, I'm having difficult rallying Polish lords to my side to retake Warsaw in the Polish storyline (e.g. "I'm too busy at the moment.")  My renown is 500 ish; is that now high enough?

Thanks!

@Compy386:

You'll only be able to run caravans in multiples of 5. If there's less than 5 of an item available, you'll have to trade it through the "warband" method - buy it, take it to the target town, sell it. That could account for not having the trade caravan option.

As far as rallying lords to your cause, I don't know a whole lot about that as I haven't got that in depth with WFAS. However, having a good relationship with Lords has always helped with getting them to do what you want them to do - that could, perhaps, be the issue here too? Even though you're well known, if they don't overly like you, they're still not going to follow your direction. This, however, could be WAY out for the reason already stated.

@FireDancer:

I'm also running the latest version of the game. I have noticed no option to actually "collect your item". However, if you go through the motions with the Armourer/Weaponmaster and, presumably, the Horsemaster, of actually buying another item (though you don't have to actually buy another - don't go THAT far), you'll collect the item you bought automatically (so long as there's inventory space, I presume). Also, if a town is under siege, you won't be able to go to the Town Center/Talk with the Mayor at all (they're a rather cowardly lot, preferring to run and hide like King Ragnar) so you'll have to wait 'tilt he siege is lifted.

I hope this helps.. Please excuse my english - it IS my first language so I have no excuse for poor typing:wink:..

liwolfbyte said:
@Compy386:

You'll only be able to run caravans in multiples of 5. If there's less than 5 of an item available, you'll have to trade it through the "warband" method - buy it, take it to the target town, sell it. That could account for not having the trade caravan option.

As far as rallying lords to your cause, I don't know a whole lot about that as I haven't got that in depth with WFAS. However, having a good relationship with Lords has always helped with getting them to do what you want them to do - that could, perhaps, be the issue here too? Even though you're well known, if they don't overly like you, they're still not going to follow your direction. This, however, could be WAY out for the reason already stated.

Noted!  It's just that goods such as velvet and spice have stopped appearing in cities altogether.  Is there a time for these goods to "respawn?"

EDIT:

Also, I don't know if this is due to my trade skill again, but the cities to which I can send goods to via caravan has drastically changed: I can't send anything to say, Kursk or Ryazan where the profits for goods like Wine and Honey are quite high.

There isn't a wiki article on the M&B wiki for caravans (for either Warband or Fire and Sword) so I might make one detailing my findings after this one.

You can always send caravans to any town - but depending on trade skill and distance to target, you might not be able to see for how much the goods will sell.

Not that that price is set in stone, you can actually ruin your own caravan profit by getting to the destination first and selling the same good manually that the caravan carries...

I can send you a screencap if you'd like; some cities clearly aren't on the mayor's list.  Kursk, Tver', Tula, and Korsun do not show up.  Haha, I made a table of profitable routes so the profit margin shouldn't be a question, except it might be null and void due to the update.

Taleworlds, I don't know what you've done to the combat system but it no longer works on my system.

I just fought a battle where my first hit delt 20 damage to me and i died. I had 100% health (51) before entering the combat and reviewed the entire damage log, that was the only hit on me.

Telling my troops to hold position results in them doing NOTHING (not even firing ranged weapons).

I just don't get it. Before the econ patch, i at least stood a chance. Now every fight is literally me vs everyone else because my soldiers will not fight if i give them any orders at all. Without orders, they run to their death (not firing ranged weapons which is all they have, they beat people with their muskets).

ok i had a game cache problem and when steam verified it, it fixed my issue.

Ok onto an actual gameplay question.  Whats a good way to start making money since caravans are pointless? The only advantage they seem to offer is that all goods are bought at the current price of the good where as if you warband caravan, the price steadily increases. This is just such a slight advantage (price increase of 2-4 gold is hardly worth it). So how are people making money now.

I  got a problem, i need advise ore help on this one. i have almost done the entire Muscovy storyline , but now i have come to the quest "Election of the tsar". i talked to the nobles, and 9 supported me and 6 against me. i couldn't talk anymore to the noble that was against me about electing me. so i thought that when the number of days left of the quest had been reached, the election would be. but i only got quest failed, and a that i need to explain myself to step an Razing. i cant explain me to him, i can only ask to be released from my oath to him. but that i have been able to do fore some time. anyone that can give me some advise

Back
Top Bottom