Use bannerlord online as a base for standalone custom servers

Users who are viewing this thread

Since TW will keep custom servers off the community’s hands until release, which may take months or even years, why not use the Bannerlord online server system as a basis for standalone mp launchers and servers with the community’s MP suggestions implemented?

It is at least an interesting prospect. Taking the MP matters into your own hands once and for all.

I don't think the Bannerlord Online creator shares his code, though maybe it has just been that nobody has asked.

It would still interest me if it was possible, however the Bannerlord Online system isn't ideal for competitive modes due to the desync.

I don't think the Bannerlord Online creator shares his code, though maybe it has just been that nobody has asked.

It would still interest me if it was possible, however the Bannerlord Online system isn't ideal for competitive modes due to the desync.
The official servers aren't good either lol

The way he does multiplayer isn't good for PVP, its completely desynced. It works for Bannerlord Online cause PVP isnt that big a concern, PVE is the main draw

The way he does multiplayer isn't good for PVP, its completely desynced. It works for Bannerlord Online cause PVP isnt that big a concern, PVE is the main draw
Yeah unfortunately this is the case, the overworld is hosted by the server they pay for, and every instance is hosted by a players PC, depending on who is first to enter the instance. This has led to the uninformed thinking our clan (SGM) is lagswitching or something when in reality they just attack with someone(So the person who started the instance hosts) with a bad connection and so therefore are playing on a 1mbps upload.

Back
Top Bottom