USA vs Turkey (3rd Place Playoff) Deadline: 22/05/2011

Users who are viewing this thread

I just wanted someone to post here, that the US team going to be unavailable, then I'd understand. But granted that my team was prepared for this match, and wanted to at least fight to see who'll be on the 3rd place, so I have no chance but to take the default win.

Edit: John7, my time is very limited. I and also 3 of my teammates have finals next week, so I cannot think of another day, sorry.

Araf said:
Swordmaster said:
What can we do? It's not in our hands to be that far. Maybe with millions of tectonic earthquakes bring two lands together. :razz:
Well the first one happened today. So 1/1.000.000.000 it is. :razz:

Mr.X said:
Confirmed. Saturday (21.04), 19.00 GMT.

One of your team captains just wanted to see if we confirm this date and time or not, and we confirmed. It is up to him to inform you guys.

skyssoldier said:
What happened here is that the US team couldn't get a team together and withdrew. Turkey takes the 3rd place by default.

Don't need your attitude. Kindly take your smug assumptions somewhere else, I don't appreciate you speaking for my team nor do I think you have any place posting here. We did not withdraw, we simply were misinformed (partly due to our own fault and trusting some information from, in hindsight, a source I should have double-checked on) and were largely unaware the match was happening. Had all of us known, all of us would have shown up, but only a fraction of us seem to have received the correct information. Please don't open your mouth and speak on a subject you don't fully understand.

Firstly, congratulations Turkey on your 3rd place finish.

We were told some conflicting information about the match being "moved" to Sunday, as Turkey wasn't going to be able to make Saturday. I, personally, was going under the assumption the match was Sunday, as I was at work all day today and just got home.

We did not withdraw, nor did we decide "not to show up", I personally find that offensive and distasteful for anyone to even mention about our team. We've been extremely resilient and have shown not only our talent, but our organizational skills working with Euro timezones and always showing up when there isn't an information mix up. I wish we could have had our match today, but that's already over and done with, and I'm glad to see Turkey earning their deserved spot for showing up.

I want to thank the tournament organizers, especially Captain Lust for doing such an amazing job, and also for allowing us to join the tournament because of all the special circumstances it forced. He, along with the other organizers and refs, did an outstanding job and they are to be commended.

Thanks to all the teams we faced, and to everyone that was part of this tournament. Congratulations to France and Poland as well, we'll see you guys next year; with these results being so closely decided (11-9 in many cases), I feel that it's the margin between 4th and 1st is no more than a hair's width.

Ah sorry if my attitude was offensive towards you. That was not intended. Would have loved to see this match happen, it's a shame this all happened because of a misunderstanding. I see how offensive what I wrote is and the only reason I posted here was because I was interested in the match. Though as you can see from the posts there, it was thought that the US team might have withdrew. After learning that it was a misunderstanding I expressed how much I had wanted to see the match and that it was a shame it didn't happen.

Let's just leave this aside. The reason I was following this closely was because of what the US team achieved despite the ping problem. Congratulations for that.

I'm sad to hear that such things happened to your team, and if our time wasnt really limited, I would like to match with you guys for another time, an unofficial one perhaps.

Well , Congratulation to Turkey then! Bronze medal for you  :grin: Very well deserved  :smile:     

Back
Top Bottom