Users who are viewing this thread

ncoatofarms4.png
spacer25px.png
Semi Final A
USA vs France

Map 1: Village - Sarranids vs Swadia
Map 2: Ruins - Sarranids vs Vaegirs
Map 3 (if needed): Port Assault - Rhodoks vs Sarranids

The deadline for this match is 14/05/2011.

You can discuss anything related to the match in this topic. Referees can also post their availability in here. The result of the match should also be posted in this thread, preferably accompanied by screenshots, if possible.
spacer25px.png
ncoatofarms17.png

I have already mentioned this match will be streamed live. I'll be speaking to reps, from both teams, to make sure all the logistics are sorted and there are a couple of things you have to do differently. Nothing major, though.

Hi guys

I'm Jeanne D'Arc Captain of the french team. I wish you good job for your evolution in this tournament. But i'm sad to add that it will be over because we have a revenge to take against Poland and a little finals between you and russia could be excitting :smile:

I suppose that the best solution is to organize our litlle confrontation on Saturday 14th may? We are gMT+2 and you?

Our server is located in Paris : EDT challenge server It's one of the nearest EU server for you.
Could you please give us name of your servers located on Washington DC or New York City to begin ping test according to the map on below?

internet_map09_lg.gif

Good luck guys and may the strongest will win :smile:

Sorry for double post but

>Lust
Do you mind if you mention the map and faction played on french server. Same thing fo the USA server.
Thanks a lot :smile:

I'll  referee this one , while Lust will record .

I suggest this way , as it have resulted to be  the most fair  all way long.

We start the first 5 on  the US server

Villagge - Sarranids(USA) Swadia (France)

Then we head to the EU server

Villagge - Sarranids (France) Swadia (USA)

Then we stay the first 5 rounds of the 2nd map on the EU server

Ruins - Sarranids ( France) Vaegirs ( USA)

and the last 5 rounds back to US server

Ruins - Sarranids ( USA ) - Vaegirs ( France )

captain lust said:
I have already mentioned this match will be streamed live. I'll be speaking to reps, from both teams, to make sure all the logistics are sorted and there are a couple of things you have to do differently. Nothing major, though.

No, it will not be streamed.
Sir Protheus said:
Hi guys

I'm Jeanne D'Arc Captain of the french team. I wish you good job for your evolution in this tournament. But i'm sad to add that it will be over because we have a revenge to take against Poland and a little finals between you and russia could be excitting :smile:

I suppose that the best solution is to organize our litlle confrontation on Saturday 14th may? We are gMT+2 and you?

Our server is located in Paris : EDT challenge server It's one of the nearest EU server for you.
Could you please give us name of your servers located on Washington DC or New York City to begin ping test according to the map on below?

Good luck guys and may the strongest will win :smile:

Actually, Saturday doesn't work for us, (too many exams, we'd have like 2 guys) how about Sunday at 20:00GMT?

Also, concerning servers, due to the disorganization of server choices in recent matches which forced me to come up on our regular server provider short notice and bail on our secondary server provider, both have decided to not allow us the use of their servers. So PRT_Battle (PRT_Server) would probably be your best bet.
Lord Willy said:
I'll  referee this one , while Lust will record .

I suggest this way , as it have resulted to be  the most fair  all way long.

We start the first 5 on  the US server

Villagge - Sarranids(USA) Swadia (France)

Then we head to the EU server

Villagge - Sarranids (France) Swadia (USA)

Then we stay the first 5 rounds of the 2nd map on the EU server

Ruins - Sarranids ( France) Vaegirs ( USA)

and the last 5 rounds back to US server

Ruins - Sarranids ( USA ) - Vaegirs ( France )

I'd prefer a  5, 5, 5, 5 over a 5, 10, 5 that starts on our server.
Also, as I mentioned earlier, the match will not be recorded or streamed live.

>Mr.X
Could you give me the password of the PRT server to test the ping?
For sunday 15 may, it's OK for us but :
-The organizers have to confirme to change the deadline
-The match must begin at 19:00 GMT+2 We have works and exams period actually so we can't to play to late.

Let's respect organizer's decision...

Sir Protheus said:
>Mr.X
Could you give me the password of the PRT server to test the ping?
For sunday 15 may, it's OK for us but :
-The organizers have to confirme to change the deadline
-The match must begin at 19:00 GMT+2 We have works and exams period actually so we can't to play to late.

Let's respect organizer's decision...

PRT_Battle is unpassworded.

Ah, yes, Lust/Willy, could we get a 1-day extension?

And 19GMT on Sunday works fine.

As for the 5, 5, 5, 5 thing, I saw Willy's post as more of a suggestion than a decision :wink:
But ultimately he can choose to do it that way.

EDIT: Scratch what I said about the recording. We're fine with it so long as France is as well.

Here are results of ping for FRA team on USA server with less than 5 players...

PRT Battle : 160 :sad: (was funny to dual ^^')
Balion : 150
TMW : 110
US GK TDM (with a great TDM custom maps. If you can find for me the author please :smile:) : 115

Could you please show us results of ping of DFD_Challenge server please?

So
At this time, the match will besgin sunday 15 may 2011 at 19H GMT so 21H for France
The USA server should be TMW or US GK TDM
The french server is waiting american players for test ping.

US Server  Village - Sarranids(USA) Swadia (France)
EU Server  Village - Sarranids (France) Swadia (USA)
EU Server  Sarranids ( France) Vaegirs ( USA)
US Server  Sarranids ( USA ) - Vaegirs ( France )

Yes Mr X it was meant to be a suggestion , because it would not be kind to force you to play in a way that both teams dislike  , but since is the most fair way why would you do it in a different way?

So yes lets do it 5,10,5 .

It is my understanding that GK servers aren't allowed because they won't give out their admin passwords. Maybe lusty can try to get the tmw server, cause I probably can't get it due to the changes and stuff last match.

We'll probably average 125 on DFD servers.

I'm basing this off my ping but I'll ask around my team as well. I'm usually a decent guess at it though. Most of us only play on the weekends anyway, but I wanted to get this confirmed early to let our server provider know. Considering France is fairly close, and judging by the screenies USA's ping is a tad better there, do you think we could use Lions_Den_UK?

captain lust said:
It's likely you'll use Deutschritter clanserver, for the EU leg. Will need to confirm this with the DR guys though.

EU lag?
Meaning to match our "low" pings to their "low" pings?
I'd prefer to simply having a better "high" ping than what we have now over having both teams' "low" pings match

Back
Top Bottom