USA 10-10 Belgium & Netherlands (Stage 2, Group C) Deadline: 30/04/2011

Currently viewing this thread:

Best answers
0
Group Stage 2, Group C
USA vs Belgium & Netherlands

Map 1: Ruined Fort - Nords vs Sarranids
Map 2: Nord Town - Rhodoks vs Vaegirs

The deadline for this match is 30/04/2011.

You can discuss anything related to the match in this topic. Referees can also post their availability in here. The result of the match should also be posted in this thread, preferably accompanied by screenshots, if possible.
 

Mr.X

Hey,
We would like to do this over the weekend, around 20:00 GMT or later. Add me on steam "redbaron24601"
 

Morii

Sergeant Knight
Best answers
0
X, you've been offline on steam for 4 days or so  :sad:

Anyways, saturdays are usually no good for us - Im in the process of checking if I could perhaps get 8 ppl together, but I doubt it- and sunday is a bit tough because of Easter-celebrations. In other words: It could be pretty hard to do a match this weekend.
 

Rhade

Master Knight
Best answers
0
Morii said:
X, you've been offline on steam for 4 days or so  :sad:

Anyways, saturdays are usually no good for us - Im in the process of checking if I could perhaps get 8 ppl together, but I doubt it- and sunday is a bit tough because of Easter-celebrations. In other words: It could be pretty hard to do a match this weekend.
Understandable.

However, I think a match on the weekend is a lot more likely than a match during the week, considering most people work during the week and the time difference.

As difficult as it may be, I don't see very many other options and I think that while the weekend may be difficult, the week is impossible (barring one team playing at 3 am, etc).

 

Morii

Sergeant Knight
Best answers
0
captain lust said:
If you need the sunday after the deadline, that's cool.
I understand why the USA can't play during the week and so idd that sunday after the deadline might be our only option. Can't confirm anything yet tho, but sundays are usually ok for my team.
 

Morii

Sergeant Knight
Best answers
0
Mr.X said:
We're offering sunday at 20:00 GMT.
That's a bit too late for us. 20 GMT is 22:00 for us and 16:00 for you, so I'm sure we should be able to do it earlier  :smile:

I'd say 18 GMT (20:00 for us, 14:00 for you)

We should probably also start talking about servers soon. I'm not going to drag the neutral server discussion over to this thread, you know how I feel about it. I dare say you'll be wanting a home/away-match. In that case BeNe will likely use a dutch or german server, I will post the name(s) as soon as I have more clarity on that myself. Which server will you be using? Or will you surprise us all and propose a neutral server after all?

EDIT: In the case of home/away BeNe definetely wants to play 5 rounds-switch-server mode.
 

Mr.X

Morii said:
Mr.X said:
We're offering sunday at 20:00 GMT.
That's a bit too late for us. 20 GMT is 22:00 for us and 16:00 for you, so I'm sure we should be able to do it earlier  :smile:

I'd say 18 GMT (20:00 for us, 14:00 for you)

We should probably also start talking about servers soon. I'm not going to drag the neutral server discussion over to this thread, you know how I feel about it. I dare say you'll be wanting a home/away-match. In that case BeNe will likely use a dutch or german server, I will post the name(s) as soon as I have more clarity on that myself. Which server will you be using? Or will you surprise us all and propose a neutral server after all?

EDIT: In the case of home/away BeNe definetely wants to play 5 rounds-switch-server mode.
You forget, America spans 3 timezones, not one. For most of our players, that would actually be 13:00GMT. And you can't do 20:00 GMT? 10:00PM doesn't seem too late. That's early sunday afternoon for our players...
 

Morii

Sergeant Knight
Best answers
0
Well, excuse me for coming from a small country that spans only one timezone. I didn't really 'forget' about your west coast players, but as I also have made clear before in our discussions; they are just not my concern. It was your choice to allow in your team people who have sucky ping even on your own New York server. 18 GMT is what? 11 o clock in the morning at the earliest for your team and 14:00 at the latest? I fail to see how thats undoable on a sunday. If my team were to bend over backwards to arrange a time for those few players that can barely play on your own homeserver, now that truly would be tyranny of the minority.

So, you offered a time, I offered a time, its your turn again..

Also, the reason why 90% of my team can't make it at your time is because they are either young and have to go to bed, got school early the next morning, or have work the next morning. I'd like to know why the majority of your team can't make it on the time offered by me, as I don't yet see how 11-14:00 on a sunday could be such a problem, unless you're hibernating. :wink:
 

Mr.X

Woah there...
I wasn't trying to insult you or your country. I was just pointing out that your time zone was wrong where the majority of my members are concerned. Most of my players are in Centtal USA. Why? Because they're the best players in America, not because they have good ping. And sure, some of us might get 60-70 ping on a NY server, but they get 20 ping on a Texas server. Would you rather play there?
I felt that 18:00GMT was an unreasonable time.

Offer: 19:00GMT.
 

Morii

Sergeant Knight
Best answers
0
I highly doubt you'd be allowed to take a Texan server as your home server.



As to the offer; I will check with my team, but expect to be able to field 8 players at that time. I'll get back to you on that.

As to servers, at the moment I doubt I could secure a dutch/belgian server, which means we would likely take a german (CoR_Courtyard, Lustys_Dreamhouse) or a french (IG_Training) server as our home-server, depending amongst other things on their availability. What server will you use as your homeserver?
 

Sir Protheus

Hi guys
For a french server loated in paris i give you in disposition my server DFD challenge server.
If interesting, please pm me.
Good luck for the match
 

Morii

Sergeant Knight
Best answers
0
Sir Protheus said:
Hi guys
For a french server loated in paris i give you in disposition my server DFD challenge server.
If interesting, please pm me.
Good luck for the match
Thanks for the offer! I doubt we'll be needing it but in the event we do I'll contact you shortly.
 

Mr.X

The Texan server was a joke :smile:
Any of the severs you listed would be fine for us.
We'll use PRT Battle or TMW_DM_NYm whichever is better for you
 

Morii

Sergeant Knight
Best answers
0
Thanks for giving us the choice, I'll likely have an answer for you in a couple of hours.