US_GK_Vikingr - Announcing New Server

Users who are viewing this thread

kpetschulat said:
Did you guys take down the server? Damn it... That's how my clan was going to do practice...  :sad:

I *just* took it down at 6AM EST lol

Upgrading the dedi, moar ram, moar cpu, more bandwidth... MOAR POWER!!!!

It's back up now!

It would be great if the American players began to use the GK server instead of playing on Hrafnabjóðr during peak European times. Man, it's a ***** fighting 100+ ping players... I mean, it's what they wanted right, a US server? :razz:

Leifr Eiríksson said:
It would be great if the American players began to use the GK server instead of playing on Hrafnabjóðr during peak European times. Man, it's a ***** fighting 100+ ping players... I mean, it's what they wanted right, a US server? :razz:

It would be great if European players didn't complain when American players come and play on the only seemingly populated server during the peak times.  :roll:

I'm doing my best to get more American players, and to get American players on the American GK server. Speaking of which, would you guys allow me to admin? I have loads of admin experience across many games, and many Warband mods. I know it's not a very populated server, but when people are on, the amount of trolling and TK'ing is just too damn high. I only rarely see a GK player on.

GK_JaXm said:
Server updated to Vikingr 1.00!

Also disabled auto-block =]

Awesome! I might have a clan night tonight with the Sons of Ragnarr. I need them to update the game, that's for sure.

Need to bring the box down again. Not sure exactly when but it will be sometime Monday Night/Tuesday morning. Roughly 3AM EST Tuesday 21st.

There have been an increasing amount of brute force attempts on the FTP server despite all the security changes I have been doing, so I will be dropping the final bomb shell and basically disabling ALL IP addresses from connecting to the FTP server except for those I designate.
This will prevent any unauthorized access to the FTP server itself.

I will need to reboot the dedi to make these changes, plus I need to install some more programs which require a reboot.

Downtime should not be too long, maybe up to an hour.

kpetschulat said:
Okay, when you do the reset, can you set it to not auto-block, and add friendly damage, rather than ricochet damage?

set_control_block_direction 1

This is the setting for it, and that is to have block by mouse movement.

I will add the team damage as well

My clan and I play a lot on your server on our almost daily "clan nights." Sometimes, we try to train, and was wondering if you'd be willing to give me an admin so I can help with the server. There have been quite a few a-holes that come on and just tk. It gets annoying. And, there's nothing we can do about it.  :mad:

kpetschulat said:
My clan and I play a lot on your server on our almost daily "clan nights." Sometimes, we try to train, and was wondering if you'd be willing to give me an admin so I can help with the server. There have been quite a few a-holes that come on and just tk. It gets annoying. And, there's nothing we can do about it.  :mad:

Perhaps...

You should PM me a more detailed reason why, past expierence, etc etc

Hey Jaxm, who should I talk to about possibly hosting an NA Vikingr event on the GK server? 5arge and I have been talking about it, and we think we could get quite a few people to participate :smile:

Back
Top Bottom