US_GK_Vikingr - Announcing New Server

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like to announce we have finally got our server up and running

The server will be handled by another few members of GK if I recall... So expect to see some more events and what not. Alot of guys in GK are pretty excited about it =]
I have not run a Vikingr server for a very long time and it is completely different now, but if anyone has any suggestions, comments, etc etc... Feel free to contact me!

Anyway, hope to see you all there

Name:US_GK_Vikingr
Slots:100
Rules:No TKing/TWing. Don't be a douchebag. Racism/bigotry will not be tolerated

All bans follow our 3 strike ban policy and can be appealed here -
http://www.leagueofrevolution.com/showthread.php?tid=933

This is a thoroughly bad idea. We've had American servers in the past and it's never worked out - not to mention that this will split up the already small playerbase.

Aklis said:
This is a thoroughly bad idea. We've had American servers in the past and it's never worked out - not to mention that this will split up the already small playerbase.

What, take away the three regular American players? There's no harm whatsoever in this - whether it failed before is irrelevant, the fact is that an American Vikingr community will never come to be without a dedicated American Vikingr server. On one hand the certainty of no community, on the other the possibility of one - however small.

Good luck with this! I'd strongly recommend keeping to the default settings with regard to class limits and such (although I've always been in favour of the strict minimal reach script for all weapons, you should probably give it a shot before going for the lenient alternative), any change to these or money amount (860) will drastically alter the experience considering the game was balanced around these settings.

Oh, in terms of promotion : I don't know whether you have plans for this already, but organising an American centric event (if only for 50 or so players to start off) would be a great way to introduce the mod to that part of the world. Surely a bunch of them will stick around, and from there on you're set.

Again, good luck buddy!

Thanks, look forward to it =]

Personally, I am more of just the server manager for all of our M&B servers plus other stuff...

But, there is a group inside GK who are Vikingr fans and are going to start doing events and what not to try and get a good playerbase for it. Probably around 15-20 members showed interest in trying it out =]

I look forward to NA events. If its time friendly, I can probably bring a dozen players from the NA public regiment :smile:

Kawee said:
I look forward to NA events. If its time friendly, I can probably bring a dozen players from the NA public regiment :smile:

Still getting things organized within the clan to get a structure for running that server (I am just the tech hoster type lol)

Bit tricky for me to put much work onto it as I am still working on several projects currently on the server itself...

I can't stand the EU server anymore... We need to get a NA community for this mod, for the sake of our sanity... Damn EU ping...

Leifr Eiríksson said:
So how's it going? Server super-popular?

I have seen a handful of people on it from time to time...

But we really need to make a bigger push to get this rolling

I will go make a thread about it later tonight on our clan website to get some events organized

GK_JaXm said:
Leifr Eiríksson said:
So how's it going? Server super-popular?

I have seen a handful of people on it from time to time...

But we really need to make a bigger push to get this rolling

I will go make a thread about it later tonight on our clan website to get some events organized

I just recently started a clan, because i want to get the NA community going for this great mod. I'm doing my best to get a nice group of people to play with, and have been telling NA players about the GK server.

I think it's good that you are getting an NA server up! The mod wont spread outside Europe if there are no other servers than an EU one. Just look at Bjorn! He is stuck in Austrailia with no possible way to play vikingr without having a ****ty ping. I am happy for the American players and sad for Bjorn.

Events won't do much other than temporarily jink the population. You gotta learn to walk before running... The players that you've "attracted" have been playing Víkingr for quite some length of time already.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Events won't do much other than temporary jink the population. You gotta learn to walk before running...

I hire people from Southeast Asia to carry me in a litter, but sure you can start walking...

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Events won't do much other than temporarily jink the population. You gotta learn to walk before running... The players that you've "attracted" have been playing Víkingr for quite some length of time already.

I didn't actually mean a large scale event. I actually meant just a small 1v1 clan battle or something. Just something for fun. I didn't specify, my apologies.

Back
Top Bottom