US_GK Weekly Vikingr Event

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slytacular

Sergeant Knight

headercopy.jpg

GK Vikingr Event

Every Wednesday at 8:30pm EST

That's right guys, every Wednesday at 8:30pm EST on the US_GK_Vikingr server, all the GKs will head down into the Vikingr server to raid, pillage, and rape!

Hosted by: GK_KSS_GM_Slytacular (Eidridin), GK_OAS_Dragonhelm, GK_OAS_Odin (Hygilliak)

Team Speak 3 Client Address:
teamspeak.gk-server.us
or

Port:9987

You guys know the basic rules:

-no flaming in the chat or else I will drink from your skull.
-no intentionally hurting your teammates in any shape, form, or fashion, else you will be kicked.
-no glitching.
-no spectating unless it is specifically for videos/screenshots
-no disliking the mod, else you will not be sent to Valhalla.

Updates: server expanded from 30 player slots to 60 player slots!

Post screenies, or your videos here!

Now... Any questions?

LATEST UPCOMING EVENT! LOOK BELOW!

04/13/11

Tonight we will be playing Battle. We are going to use TS3, and to start off us all off, we will play in the arena. One we get 20+ people, we will begin to play Battle.

Rules of the arena-

1. Two arena fighters at a time only
2. Everybody else stand on the sidelines and form a circle around the arena
3. bang shields if you guys are waiting on the sidelines

This doesn't really scream event. Turn up on and play some rounds, to me this is just called playing Vikingr on a Wednesday. You should check out the previous event threads for some tips and try to get the American repeat going.

Æthelwulf said:
This doesn't really scream event. Turn up on and play some rounds, to me this is just called playing Vikingr on a Wednesday. You should check out the previous event threads for some tips and try to get the American repeat going.

It gives people a good time to play, which is important for the smaller North American Mount & Blade community. 10 or 12 people is usually the most I see on the GK Vikingr server. Hopefully this will cause more people to be online at once.

I'm just saying it doesn't really feel like an event, why not just call it as it is and label it a social. Start to build up the community a bit like your trying to do then have proper events. I just gathered from Slys other posts in other topics he was aiming for a large field battle type event when as you say yourselves you lack the players and the planning.

For example in our training nights we play silly games such as seax scramble and pin the javelin on the Reeve. The former where you all select the seax drop it in a pile and then on the count of three rush for the seax and have a good ole knife fight, the second is rather self explanatory. Perhaps these are the kind of things your aiming for? But labelling them as an event adds some sort of gravitas to the situation which isn't there in my opinion.

I can see where Æthelwulf is coming from, in his usual straightforward, if a little brash, manner, in that 'events' are taken to mean a one off occurance with special significance. Labelling it as a dedicated gaming night for US M&B:WB Vikingr players might be better. Then you can start to put out a few actual events with a significance such as refighting a battle or setting up a specific scenario, that sort of thing once you do get the community numbers up.

But aside from that I wish you the best of luck with this and hope it attracts more players to the mod on the other side of the pond & that you have a lot of fun with it.

Slytacular said:
March 23rd (3/23/11), we will feature Raid. Viking Homeport Fog/Day/Night will be played. 3 rounds each on each 3 maps.

1st map: Viking Homeport (Fog)

2nd map: Viking Homeport (Day)

3rd map: Viking Homeport (Night)

Looks good -- you could also use this as an opportunity to test out some of your (and other) new Vikingr maps. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend for the next two weeks or so, but if it's still running after that, you'll see me there.

Looks good! You should invite the people on the US_GK_Siege. I play there quite often, and I think if you could get the regular there to play Vikingr, you would already have a pretty decent NA community.

Finally a proper NA get together. Hopefully a good number of people will turn up. I'll be there!

yes we are hoping to bring awareness and build a foundation of U.S players interested in Vikingr.

Rename the thread US_GK Weekly VikingR Event. The event can vary each week and for now just start out as a good meeting time for people to try and experience larger battles.

no grumpy posts please

Æthelwulf said:
How do I go about hiring you as a spin doctor Leo? I always seem to post when I'm in a bad mood and come across as an almighty arse.
You just seem a little brash at times my friend, but we all know you're a great guy!

So is it just like a get together have fun for an hour and then done?

Or is it more formal as in, leaders appointed and formations are employed, etc etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom