US_Central_Siege IS UP

Users who are viewing this thread

Nevino

Grandmaster Knight
siYSoWK.png

HBgjDMn.png

US_Central_Siege is a North American siege server opening February 2nd 2014. Hosted in Chicago, Central Siege features an active admin staff, 70 slots, and over two custom maps upon launch with more on the way.

ygTd8ie.png

The current map rotation is as follows:
  • Under Development
We're always looking for new mapmakers. If you're interested, post in this thread or shoot me a PM.

p5sCHCE.png

IGNTaleworldsSteam
TMW_ClockWiseClockWiseClockWise
Wappaw_DaoctagonheDaoctagonhe
TMW_MrXXX
KoA_Nevino**MrNevino1Nevino
TMW_unicornUnicornUnicorn
Wappaw_CheesePizzaPizzaPizza
[HB]VinnyPoohVinnyPoohVinnyPooh

**Head Admin
NvbhNqy.png

All bans can be handled in this thread. If you were banned, please fill out the form below. Remember that poll bans only last an hour and cannot be removed.
Code:
[b]What was your in-game name at the time of the ban?[/b]
[b]Roughly what time/day were you banned?[/b]
[b]Why were you banned?[/b]
[b]Why should you be unbanned?[/b]

THIS THREAD WAS CREATED BY UNICORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

official rules will be added plus combat speed and gold setting, also to all my native frandz in other clans pm me if you'd be interested in playing on this server and help admin it

Courtney said:
Hope this will be on fastest and custom maps aren't overloaded with unnecessary details that murder frame rates...my main issues with gk siege.
No worries it will be on fastest and I told the people I have makin maps that I want a decent map, but don't kill the fps I will be testing out each map before release too

MrNevino1 said:
guys if you dont like please explain what is wrong with it instead of just tellin me it's bad
#1 rookie mistake in scene makin' is flat lands. Your terrain as it is consists of either horizontal or vertical surface... Fighting on flat ground is "nice" but a bit of roughness will improve the look of your map as well as varying combat a little. (Terrain can and mostly should be flattened inside the castle of course...)
Two bridges make no sense when the castle is in one corner of the map like that. The two big issues with them are 1: No real person would build two identical bridges that close together. 2: There is little to no tactical advantage in-game.
Your castle's back walls cross the invisible map edge border. This isn't necessarily a problem, but it makes the map feel a lot smaller, and makes gameplay feel a lot more restrictive. One of the coolest thing about MP siege was the jump from how singleplayer handled sieges: A full on one-entry assault to a single wall with some stairs and houses was what "siege" meant in SP. In Multiplayer, the maps allowed players to circle the whole castle, attack different points of entry, etc. A good MP map should encourage ingenuity, rather than force everyone to play in one particular way.
The castle doesn't fit with the scenery. Did they pull up the grass and sift through dirt to get sandstone for building? Probably not. Why do palm trees only grow inside the castle? Were they planted on purpose? If so, why were they planted there?

Picking nits on this could go on forever. Essentially I recommend that you:
Delete this scene (I know getting rid of work sucks)
Start again
maybe google some real castles for layout/inspiration

Scene making is easy peasy, you just need a lil bit of practice... Best advice I can give is to remind you that irl castles were not made using computers. Now get back to work!

EDIT: 2nd best advice I can give is to build scenes chronologically. Land is there first, people are there second... although that ties into the whole non computer thing

Back
Top Bottom