Upgrading soldiers requires equipment in the future?

Users who are viewing this thread

I just found that workshop in Bannerlord output generic product like Ranged Weapon I/II/III/IV/V, Shield I/II/III/IV/V, Medium Armor, Heavy Armor, etc.
Does this mean taleworlds plan to require equipment when upgrading soldiers in the future? For example, upgrading lv1 soldier to lv2 requires melee weapon I&shield I&Leather armor, upgrading lv4 soldier to lv5 requires melee weapon IV & Heavy armor
Current in-game dynamic economy system is obviously imbalanced, lots of goods and money can come from void since value of loot from killed enemy is much greater than cost to train that soldier. So I assume those generic product is designed for later implementation of equipment requirement forsoldier upgrading.

If that happens everyone is just going to cheatcode gear for their army lmao. You dont even get to tell the workshops to hold the items they produce in a storage for you to sort through yourself. Imagine Vlandia having no crossbowmen because 10 vlandian sharpshooters would bankrupt the entire nation and dont get me started on the cost of gearing an Elite Cataphract.

If that happens everyone is just going to cheatcode gear for their army lmao. You dont even get to tell the workshops to hold the items they produce in a storage for you to sort through yourself. Imagine Vlandia having no crossbowmen because 10 vlandian sharpshooters would bankrupt the entire nation and dont get me started on the cost of gearing an Elite Cataphract.
well, obviously current in-game pricing for equipment is broken and requires further adjustment.
In addition, there can be both generic equipment for upgrading soldier and non-generic equipment for named NPCs on the market, simply pricing them differently can do the job

Oh please let this not be part of their plan, the game is more than grindy enough as it is, at least leave me my small comfort of being able to semi-easily upgrade troops.

I may be wrong but I think that those generic equipments roll into an actual item that appears for sale. Like rather than specify one of every sword in the game it just says '4 tier 4 weapons' and then rolls to see what those 4 weapons are on a given day, and adds the resulting choices to the store.

well, obviously current in-game pricing for equipment is broken and requires further adjustment.
In addition, there can be both generic equipment for upgrading soldier and non-generic equipment for named NPCs on the market, simply pricing them differently can do the job

I would have to see how they fix the economy first but a generic equipment set for troops who wear what you potentially wear, I'm not sure if that would make sense.

Oh please let this not be part of their plan, the game is more than grindy enough as it is, at least leave me my small comfort of being able to semi-easily upgrade troops.

Agreed, the game is already more grindy than warband IMO and this is not a korean MMORPG but they sure are trying to make it as grindy as one.

1.2.0 nerfed experience gain further, so focus got nerfed even from 0,8 to 0,77.
Pretty grindy even for your attribute+skill combination.

It used to be 5 focus gave 4x exp in 1.1, now 5 focus gives 3,85.

they need to increase skill cap from the game start.

you have 2 attributes and start with 10 cap last time I checked unless they fixed this.

I may be wrong but I think that those generic equipments roll into an actual item that appears for sale. Like rather than specify one of every sword in the game it just says '4 tier 4 weapons' and then rolls to see what those 4 weapons are on a given day, and adds the resulting choices to the store.
I guess what you said is how it is working currently. Apparently, what I'm assuming is not implemented into the game

1.2.0 nerfed experience gain further, so focus got nerfed even from 0,8 to 0,77.
Pretty grindy even for your attribute+skill combination.

It used to be 5 focus gave 4x exp in 1.1, now 5 focus gives 3,85.

they need to increase skill cap from the game start.

you have 2 attributes and start with 10 cap last time I checked unless they fixed this.
Experience grinding for upgrading soldier is not supposed to be a problem in the future unless taleworlds would like to see castle building and character perks for training soldier being useless.

Well, I'd like to say you do not need to grind for those generic equipment. You may loot equipment from enemy and buy workshop for manufacturing equipment or buy from market using those taxes you collected as a lord

Experience grinding for upgrading soldier is not supposed to be a problem in the future unless taleworlds would like to see castle building and character perks for training soldier being useless.
I only see passive exp gains to troops being useful from just u garrisoning your castles/cities with T1-T3 troops becuz the training exp that castles/cities give is so mediocre there is no point in leaving a T4 unit in there at all.

Agreed, the game is already more grindy than warband IMO and this is not a korean MMORPG but they sure are trying to make it as grindy as one.
Current grindy game play is resulted from broken numeric design or even bug. For example, unlike Warband, training experience is counted once for a group of soldier instead of a single soldier.
In addition, in order to let the dynamic ecnomy system make sense, problem of void-produced goods/money/value must be solved.

Current grindy game play is resulted from broken numeric design or even bug. For example, unlike Warband, training experience is counted once for a group of soldier instead of a single soldier.
In addition, in order to let the dynamic ecnomy system make sense, problem of void-produced goods/money/value must be solved.

Currently most shops in the game sell the same things except for armor that corresponds to the faction but even then there are certain gears that dont appear no matter what like every other crossbow in the game. Wouldn't it make more sense to make these marketplace changes once items spawn as they should in towns?

I only see passive exp gains to troops being useful from just u garrisoning your castles/cities with T1-T3 troops becuz the training exp that castles/cities give is so mediocre there is no point in leaving a T4 unit in there at all.
In Warband, if you have 10 soldier with same name and skills provide 30 exp per day, these soldiers will gain 300 exp per day. But in Bannerlord, they will only gain 30 exp. That's why those training building and perks look useless in current version of the game

Currently most shops in the game sell the same things except for armor that corresponds to the faction but even then there are certain gears that dont appear no matter what like every other crossbow in the game. Wouldn't it make more sense to make these marketplace changes once items spawn as they should in towns?
You are talking about another problem requires fix but not related to topic of this thread.

You are talking about another problem requires fix but not related to topic of this thread.
Ah, your right. well my final response for your mechanic suggestion would be that it wouldnt be feasible unless every town had a smithy. The AI lords will be subject to this limitation as well and if this is a finite supply of generic gear, the lords would buy it all out before you get a chance. Not to mention Bandits and minor faction clans populate troops and gain experience overtime and poof their gear magically. People would be enticed to just force recruit bandits into their army to avoid purchasing gear for upgrading their troops.

AI lords already travel with a lot of recruits if they were recently beaten so unless they made it so their not so aggressive it wouldn't work. Although it would be cool to cripple a nation by burning all their iron producing villages to the ground.

Ah, your right. well my final response for your mechanic suggestion would be that it wouldnt be feasible unless every town had a smithy. The AI lords will be subject to this limitation as well and if this is a finite supply of generic gear, the lords would buy it all out before you get a chance. Not to mention Bandits and minor faction clans populate troops and gain experience overtime and poof their gear magically. People would be enticed to just force recruit bandits into their army to avoid purchasing gear for upgrading their troops.

AI lords already travel with a lot of recruits if they were recently beaten so unless they made it so their not so aggressive it wouldn't work. Although it would be cool to cripple a nation by burning all their iron producing villages to the ground.
It already does in a way, raiding villages can cuase the ai to lose garrison in the castle or town its linked to. its slow but it works

Back
Top Bottom