Upgrading soldiers requires equipment in the future?

Users who are viewing this thread

It already does in a way, raiding villages can cuase the ai to lose garrison in the castle or town its linked to. its slow but it works
Yes but if this mechanics comes true you would literally cripple the ability for the AI or yourself to upgrade troops at all. I'm not talking about milita this would be like theres not enough gear so sorry you cant change your Empire T1 troop into a T2 unit kind of deal.

Yes but if this mechanics comes true you would literally cripple the ability for the AI or yourself to upgrade troops at all. I'm not talking about milita this would be like theres not enough gear so sorry you cant change your Empire T1 troop into a T2 unit kind of deal.
Oh that, yeah no i fully agree its a bad idea.. interesting inconcept.. but bad

Ah, your right. well my final response for your mechanic suggestion would be that it wouldnt be feasible unless every town had a smithy. The AI lords will be subject to this limitation as well and if this is a finite supply of generic gear, the lords would buy it all out before you get a chance. Not to mention Bandits and minor faction clans populate troops and gain experience overtime and poof their gear magically. People would be enticed to just force recruit bandits into their army to avoid purchasing gear for upgrading their troops.

AI lords already travel with a lot of recruits if they were recently beaten so unless they made it so their not so aggressive it wouldn't work. Although it would be cool to cripple a nation by burning all their iron producing villages to the ground.
Regarding the purchasing competition, as I know some Warband mod already has the feature that owner of a workshop can manually transport raw material and pick product, this might fix the problem you mention.
About AI aggressiveness, I'd like to say it is supposed to be lowered. Otherwise the game will go too fast to make child/family system meaningful

Last edited:
This problem can simply be solved by increase productivity of village and workshop, if you really want the game to go fast.

This problem can simply be solved by increase productivity of village and workshop, if you really want the game to go fast.

Sure if you were given the ability to control the flow of goods between your workshops itd be cool. As for increasing village/workshop production it sort've goes against talesworld current mindset constantly nerfing workshops and anything related to goods and money. I think itd be cool but the AI would need to tone down their suicidal tendencies with armies and lords attacking more in unison. Since not only is training your men a bottleneck for upgrading your men but now gearing them has cost as well. It might absolutely ruin balance tho once a nation gets too small they no longer have the production capabilities to gear their troops. Bandit spawn rates would need to be toned down as well considering that lords will hunt and fight bandit groups and will have casualties the insane bandit spawn rates would literally cripple a nation from the inside. Those Steppe bandits move at the speed of god damn light no low tier army is going to escape them.

I think it is an interesting idea if implemented correctly. I mean, there are already requirements for some soldiers, such as having a regular horse or a war horse...

Sure if you were given the ability to control the flow of goods between your workshops itd be cool. As for increasing village/workshop production it sort've goes against talesworld current mindset constantly nerfing workshops and anything related to goods and money. I think itd be cool but the AI would need to tone down their suicidal tendencies with armies and lords attacking more in unison. Since not only is training your men a bottleneck for upgrading your men but now gearing them has cost as well. It might absolutely ruin balance tho once a nation gets too small they no longer have the production capabilities to gear their troops. Bandit spawn rates would need to be toned down as well considering that lords will hunt and fight bandit groups and will have casualties the insane bandit spawn rates would literally cripple a nation from the inside. Those Steppe bandits move at the speed of god damn light no low tier army is going to escape them.
True, numeric design requires further balancing.
But personally speaking, I expect talesworld to do more feature implementation and bug fix rather than numerical balancing in Native. Recall Warband, though Native is the starting point for most new players, it is not popular among experienced players.

True, numeric design requires further balancing.
But personally speaking, I expect talesworld to do more feature implementation and bug fix rather than numerical balancing in Native. Recall Warband, though Native is the starting point for most new players, it is not popular among experienced players.

yeah, i like your idea it would super boost immersion and bring some urgency to defending certain cities/villages and not just for the sake of money production. But ill just hope talesworld adds in the features and fixes the bugs all over the game.

Why is it that whenever some change happens that makes the game harder people immediately go, ROFL I'M JUST GONNA CHEAT! I mean, is that your answer to every hard obstacle in every game? "Oh no, gotta kill a boss. It's ok, lemme instant kill him." What's the freaking point of gaming if you're just going to cheat code/trainer/exploit your way through the game? Grow a spine and try to play a difficult game for once.

ESPECIALLY when the games an EARLY ACCESS game that you're playing to try to help the improve.

Why is it that whenever some change happens that makes the game harder people immediately go, ROFL I'M JUST GONNA CHEAT! I mean, is that your answer to every hard obstacle in every game? "Oh no, gotta kill a boss. It's ok, lemme instant kill him." What's the freaking point of gaming if you're just going to cheat code/trainer/exploit your way through the game? Grow a spine and try to play a difficult game for once.

ESPECIALLY when the games an EARLY ACCESS game that you're playing to try to help the improve.
did you read the thread? go vent somewhere else.

Please go back to Dark Souls, and stay there.

I just found that workshop in Bannerlord output generic product like Ranged Weapon I/II/III/IV/V, Shield I/II/III/IV/V, Medium Armor, Heavy Armor, etc.
Does this mean taleworlds plan to require equipment when upgrading soldiers in the future? For example, upgrading lv1 soldier to lv2 requires melee weapon I&shield I&Leather armor, upgrading lv4 soldier to lv5 requires melee weapon IV & Heavy armor
Current in-game dynamic economy system is obviously imbalanced, lots of goods and money can come from void since value of loot from killed enemy is much greater than cost to train that soldier. So I assume those generic product is designed for later implementation of equipment requirement forsoldier upgrading.

No, this means that the workshops populate the town's trade menu with the items you're producing at your workshop.
Therefore, if you have a Ranged Weapons 1-5 workshop, you will see Ranged Weapons from 1-5 with tier 5 weapons being a rarity in the Town's trade menu for you to purchase.

Yes I also would like to see that information. Like our Inventory screen shows what is equipped on our character or companions. When we do the Encyclopedia look up of a particular troop we could see the same type of screen showing armor, weapons, horse (if available) etc.. Also a small window or box that includes the stats we currently see when mousing over them would be helpful as well. I am also hoping eventually when we review a wanderer/companion for the first time we could see that info. Possibly for the companions to include a stat breakdown on top of that would be awesome too. Kind of a combination Inventory/Character screen.

Yes I also would like to see that information. Like our Inventory screen shows what is equipped on our character or companions. When we do the Encyclopedia look up of a particular troop we could see the same type of screen showing armor, weapons, horse (if available) etc.. Also a small window or box that includes the stats we currently see when mousing over them would be helpful as well. I am also hoping eventually when we review a wanderer/companion for the first time we could see that info. Possibly for the companions to include a stat breakdown on top of that would be awesome too. Kind of a combination Inventory/Character screen.
Everything troops wear you can see via getting developer console mod and going thru the item list to mix and match gear until you find it. they dont wear anything you cant obtain. it just takes some effort. and id rather not have that be added to the list of the billion things the devs need to fix.

But in current state Troops level too fast. In Warband having higher tier troop was harder, They also died more frequently than in Bannerlord.

Given the larger scale of armies in this game, I'd say it's about right. It still takes time to get the higher tier troops, and they will die just as fast if you don't have a numbers advantage in battle.

We already have a problem with armies made entirely of recruits, no need to make that any worse.

Given the larger scale of armies in this game, I'd say it's about right. It still takes time to get the higher tier troops, and they will die just as fast if you don't have a numbers advantage in battle.

We already have a problem with armies made entirely of recruits, no need to make that any worse.
This can be tweaked to favour AI in certain situations.

In addition, there can be both generic equipment for upgrading soldier and non-generic equipment for named NPCs on the market, simply pricing them differently can do the job
But what is the point of that?

For example right now we need horses to upgrade troops. And in fact it only makes upgrading troops more expensive.
It doesnt add anything to the game.
It is not a deep and smart mechanic. It is just "spend more money for upgrade". Just add +200 to troop upgrade cost and there will be no difference at all.
Becouse i always have hundreds of horses for cargo capacity. And you loot tons of them from lords too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom