Resolved Updating 1.6.2 game file to 1.7.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary:Hi, so I havent played since late 2021/early 2022. When I wanted to start playing again it said I needed to go onto 1.7.0 to update my save so I could use in later updates, which I've done multiple times. Ive tried clean installing and various other solutions online none seem to work. every time I go back to 1.7.0 I press play and It says I have faced problems. I dont have any performance issues or anything like that I can run the game fine (started a new save in the most recent update) but I would really like to have my old save back. It only had the improved garrisons mod so wasn't heavily modded and I didn't use any form of cheats.

The errors I get are;
Crash tags
dump
engine config
LauncherData
Newsfeedconfig
rgl_log_6344
rgl_log_errors_6344
stack
user_config

Sadly, yes. The save system did change with 1.7.0. Even if we were able to grant access (which is something we can't do) the save still would be useless.
Ok thanks very much for letting me know. No worries atleast I can start again without worrying about the old one instead of scouring the internet for solutions lol

Yes can’t load it but as he said it’s been discontinued
If you mean that the game crashes when you launch the game (and not when loading into your old save)
do this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules --> search " voiced lines " --> delete those files.
Then: 1.Open control panel.
2. cd “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules”
3.Press Enter
4. del language_data.xml /a /s
5. Press Enter

Hope that helps and I don't take credit for those solutions !

Back
Top Bottom