Updated Modding Guidelines - Beware: NO Monetization Update

Users who are viewing this thread

Lag'ier Barlida said:
May I ask if the translation to the mod needs permission?

M&B is a worldwide game so do its mods, and players from several languages are playing them but not all modders/players know English well, so translation permission should be a part on the guildline imo.

I know most of modders love fans to translate their mods, but there is always exceptations, so I think it is good to clear this.
Fundamentally, yes. But given that we mostly respond to reports of the original creators, this should not be a problem unless the modder in question has a problem with the way the translation of his mod was done. I don't think a community translation was ever reported either.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Any word from TW on allowing mods with licensed themes to get sub-boards?
So far that remains a "No".

Greetings,

I would like some help with a mod that makes unauthorized use of my 3D models and textures. I never gave permission or passed the ownership and it has falsely been an LSP mod as I never gave permission. My work is licenced and its use can be considered copyright infringement. I have contacted already William the Mod Coordinator of Persistent Kingdoms and it has been a week without any action taken. I would like some guidance and help as about this matter.

Lastly, I can provide evidence of the 3D models and textures ownership.

Looking forward to your reply.

William reached out to us when you initially contacted him over your conflict with another involved party because it put him in an awkward spot as both a moderator as well as a member of the project in question. As far as I know, he has since offered you to remove the assets in dispute in the next version of the mod.

If you wish to go through the official procedure despite that - please follow these guidelines:

1. Attempt to resolve the situation with the offending party.
2. If that proves impossible, you may contact the moderation and should provide us with all the necessary information. (Description of the Problem, Description of the Attempt to Resolve, Proof of Offense, Proof of Rights to Assets, Proof of Agreements/Permissions, Other Information you deem necessary/helpful)
3. If we consider an action in conflict with our rules, we will ask the offender (modder, server owner and/or host) to rectify the situation. You should avoid unnecessarily escalating the conflict at this point.

That is to say, you should send me (since William is involved) a private message with a detailed description of the situation, which includes a list of the assets in dispute, any proof of creation you may have, any logs of any terms of collaboration that may have been there, a log of the attempt to resolve and any other information you deem helpful to a swift resolution.

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your response. I would also like to apologise for posting here, as I couldn't find the right thread to submit my complain.

I did contact William and asked him respectfully to stop making use of my work since he doesn't have permission for it. I can also recognise that he partly fulfilled my request by removing my Nickname and profile picture from the Persistent-Kingdoms website. Lastly, he did promise to remove my assets in the next version of the mod.

The reason I am posting here is that he failed to provide a release date for the next version of his mod. I understand that he cannot make those changes in an instant and he probably needs a bit of time to complete the next version of the mod. But the next version of the mod could come in a few years. All I am asking is for a date of release for the next version.

I am willing to wait a few weeks, but I am not happy to wait for months or years.

Back
Top Bottom