(Updated 10/03/2023) The Necronomicon - Download Page

Users who are viewing this thread

Just a warning. the shadowlord banner doesn't work. The spoiler below it doesn't contain the code for it rather the banner itself with no means of adding it to  your signature.

Eek! Thanks for pointing that out! Fixed. :wink:

I am working on mounts for the elite sets, believe it or not. I have created the Hellraiser's and Shadowlord's done, but I am having trouble with the "Artificer's Mancatcher"... once I can get it into the game without animating like a horse you will have a mount with MASSIVE trample damage. Perfect for taking prisoners. I'm still working on that now, but I thought I'd fix the banner prob and let you guys know whats up.

UPDATE!!! VERSION 16.13 IS AVALABLE FOR DOWNLOAD VIA THE ORIGINAL POST!!! :mrgreen:

I hope you all like the new version - it is a little more complex and a bit harder this time around! Lots to read about in the OP while you are downloading....

Well? What are you waiting for? :shock:

Please playtest your hearts out and lemme know if I missed anything. I think its pretty tight, but that is the disadvantage of being a one-man development team - one man's attention span. :lol:

Well i just love the new version. Still need to put some work into getting my precious shadowlord set and rebuilding my homonculi army. Finaly i can have preserved abominations. it's great, period.

As for the attention problem, well did you consider getting some ppl to help you with beta testing new versions? I'm sure there will be a lot of volunters (me among them) who could help you a lot. Maybe even get some ppl to help you on actualy developing and coding the mod (sadly i can't help on this due to my acursed school. Don't have time to learn all i want about modeling and coding)

In any case it's a great piece of work, a masterpiece of horror. Great job N0ught.

Thanks for the kudos. :grin:

And don't get me wrong, as far as the one-man-band thing goes I am QUITE satisfied.... life has proven to me that many people I could get involved with my projects have WAY different ways of thinking about things. If there is one thing I have it is direction - but getting others to follow my direction to the perfectionist letter is nigh on impossible.

It's the same reason why I don't actually have a music band. I have written songs and can sing my heart out, but finding a guitarist, for instance, who wants to create art and not just "look cool while playing easy crap on guitar in the hopes of scoring chicks" is VERY hard. If you try to criticize or goad them at all into something creative they pretty much look at you and say "I don't see YOU playing guitar and looking cool"....

Besides, there is a common belief around here that if you cannot do it yourself, dont ask someone to do it for you. That is actually what pushed me into modding. I had some ideas for mods and posted them, in an attempt to lead the design for them. After morbid amounts of harassment about it I said "fine I'll show them what I can do", and this mod, so far, is the ultimate result of that. It took me only two months to go from "hmmm a necromancy mod...." to the first public release.

While I have had many, many offers for help on my mod, and appreciate the enthusiasm, I just don't work well with others. People get the idea that a "team" is a "democracy" and then everyone's a chief.... and then big projects fail because egos clash. It has happened time and time again here, and I don't intend to repeat it.

To summarize: co-operation doesn't exist in an environment where someone has something to prove and I'll be the first to admit, in the game world anyway, that's me.

Which is why YOU, my mod minions and loyal followers are so very important to me! Every one of you that points out a bug or mistake is part of my "dream team" because you never create more problems than you solve! That is the definition of a "well-oiled machine" in the development world, and I hope nobody fires their entire development team for me saying this, but it is also the PERFECT way to design games, in my experience. I have followed indie games for years, especially certain underrated games that are the brainchild of solely one individual (ADOM, Dwarf Fortress, URW, EUO, and Gearhead Arena, to name a few), and the result always seems positive.

Anyway I thought I would regurgitate some thoughts about mod and game development, since you brought it up. I'm glad everyone likes the mod so far, though I am a bit nervous since nobody has pointed out any bugs yet... I couldn't possibly have gotten them all. :???:

SCREENSHOTS AND GAMEPLAY VIDEOS!!! :shock:

(About that, I would have some gameplay videos up myself except Fraps wont record sound on my computer for some reason...)

N0ught my friend, thank you for creating this god-like (evil of course) mod. We have the exact same tastes, I'm glad I came across your mods. We need more occult mods like this.

But there is one thing I want to ask, how come I don't see lords anywhere? They are all just sitting in their castle waiting for me to rape the sh!t out of them, but not that's It's a problem, or is it suppose to be like this? Other than that, this mod is beyond perfect.

Thank you, thank you.

Found a bug - there are many polearms you cant use with a shield right now, and I had intended to fix it so ALL of them are useable with shields, at a penalty. Bugfix version will be happening soon it seems...

Hay, just wanted to say thank you for a insane experience ( ive tried out the earlier versions )

Now ill test this version out!  :twisted: :twisted: *Laughs in a arrogant and cold manner*
" Soon the horde will be outside stumbling and killing again "

Thanks for the new version!

A bug: When a corpse is dismembered with less than the required space in inventory available, the inventory gets overwritten from the top! I lost the Necronomicon and other goodies this way.
Should be easy to reproduce, but a savegame can be provided.

A related oddity: A human corpse weighs only 36, but the dismembered parts weighs 100 in total.
If the unit is Kg, maybe the corpse should be twice as heavy and the parts a little lighter. Some parts seem out of proportion: skin 30 units.

I don't know how I could not notice that for so long since I came back.

Okay, so, as it's downloading right now, let's get through the paperwork. I'll get the feather and cut my finger, get that pledge ready to be signed with blood and let me once again be loyal minion of another of your mods :wink:

norup said:
Thanks for the new version!

A bug: When a corpse is dismembered with less than the required space in inventory available, the inventory gets overwritten from the top! I lost the Necronomicon and other goodies this way.
Should be easy to reproduce, but a savegame can be provided.

A related oddity: A human corpse weighs only 36, but the dismembered parts weighs 100 in total.
If the unit is Kg, maybe the corpse should be twice as heavy and the parts a little lighter. Some parts seem out of proportion: skin 30 units.

About the dismembering bug: I had thought about fixing it - the Horseman's set will overwrite items from the top too - but if I make it so you have to have 13 spaces available, it will be all but impossible to ever dismember a corpse, due to the ever-ominous lack of inventory space. I need to make notes of bugs like this and post them early in the OP, since there is no immediate way to work around them.

In the meantime: Keep all of your important items at the bottom of your inventory. :wink:

As for the weight of corpses I noticed there was a problem with that yesterday (I don't remember changing it to 36... wierd), and I plan to boost corpse weight up to 100 again.

Glad everyone is enjoying their evil selves. Muahahahaha.... *cough*.... ahem. Until next time.  :twisted:

EDIT: I just updated the main post again with a "KNOWN BUGS AND ISSUES" section, and a little bit on the new troops, complete with screenshots.

N0ught said:
In the meantime: Keep all of your important items at the bottom of your inventory. :wink:
Ok, but for some reason I did not encounter that bug in the previous version. Actually, I recall exploiting the limited room: If I only needed blood, I dismembered corpses with only little room left, avoiding the useless parts. And never did I loose any items from the top of the inventory.

norup said:
N0ught said:
Ok, but for some reason I did not encounter that bug in the previous version. Actually, I recall exploiting the limited room: If I only needed blood, I dismembered corpses with only little room left, avoiding the useless parts. And never did I loose any items from the top of the inventory.

It may apply only to "book" items. I'm not sure. And dismembering corpses for only blood was actually why the blood went to the top of the items list you get when you diesmember. It could happen randomly. More testing will be required.

In any case, I have just officially applied for a subforum. I sincerely hope they will let me do it, since i have the time, and there is a demand for it. :mrgreen:

This mod seems to be getting popular.... once I get some video capture software (porbably going to drop $25 on FRAPS) I plan to make a whole lot of gameplay videos for YouTube, to get the word out a bit more, and I plan to create a full-color booklet for the mod eventually, with everything in the strategy guide and more. Fun stuff.

I use the time i got now... while calming down about fked up my game AGAIN because i put my necronomicon, etc in the second line
of the inventory  :roll:...
to leave a thanks for the work you put in this.
I cant say i liked blood that much, somehow it was too much a mix of everything for my taste, but this one
is pleasureful for my old dark soul.
I understand your lonewolfing btw, i would do it no other way if i wasnt to much a pc-dumb**** to really do
something thats worth to be called "modding", democracy hardly work in real life.There shall be no gods beside me...  :twisted:.

I have to desecrate some graves now...

Besides, should you ever deside to start the F.Herbert-Stuff you mentioned on the m&b repos. be sure you
got a silent fan here  :wink:.

Hey is this going to be ported to warband? I would like to start a Necro Nation :grin: Fear my Sarriand sand Zombies :grin:

ShenJiBaMin said:
how to get and how to use that goldbug and that letter and that heart and that casket?
Who is Fortunato?

You dont and he isn't... yet. All part of the future of the mod. Stop spoiling my surprises. :razz:

Mitchmon said:
Hey is this going to be ported to warband? I would like to start a Necro Nation :grin: Fear my Sarriand sand Zombies :grin:

Not likely. I do like the look of Warband but the controls are kind of funky. Maybe a multiplayer port someday... no promises.

The thing is if I port solid and shade to Warband i have to either abandon the M&B version or deal with maintaining two versions of the same mod -  I don't do well with confusion. Delirium and hallucinations, yes, but confusion, no. :lol:

At this point, abandoning the M&B version is out of the question, and would likely disappoint much of my established fan base in the hopes of creating a new one, and I am just not that heartless. It's over there, in that urn.

Well, since we have a subforum now, I will lock this thread as the download thread. Direct all of your comments and questions at the main board with separate threads. Cheers! And thanks for helping the project get here! :grin:

Well I solved the problem with corpses being only 36 lbs... what is 100-36? 64 of course. The weights of items must be kept in an array so the almighty 64 becomes a zero point.

Corpses will weigh 55 lbs in the next version, and dismember items gained from them will add up to 54 lbs, allowing for 1 lb of waste. Blood will actually be the largest, at 10 lbs. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom