Update on One life mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

3a42b15a3654c91b0274d8c44f022627.png

It is called BATTLE and its from Warband and its AMAZINGLY simple, however, knowing Taleworlds, they will put in FLAGS into this mode too. :smile:)

Lol I know it’s called Battle but anytime Taleworlds has talked about this mode they refer to is as a “one-life mode” and not actually calling it Battle
Because, calling it now, they don't want to give it battle name because it will look nothing like warband battle. Not that it is a bad thing, but it is worrying because they are not great a designing gamemodes.

Because, calling it now, they don't want to give it battle name because it will look nothing like warband battle. Not that it is a bad thing, but it is worrying because they are not great a designing gamemodes.
eh tbf, Duel is nice. could need some more options but its alright.

their one-life-mode will probably just be skirmish without respawns and some ****ty economy though so... :neutral:

(they will put in FLAGS into this mode too. :smile:)
It would need 1 flag to spawn in the final 2-3minutes of the round, otherwise the last player of the losing team will be able to drag it out, running around avoiding combat (or hiding) and no winner will be found.

It is called BATTLE and its from Warband and its AMAZINGLY simple, however, knowing Taleworlds, they will put in FLAGS into this mode too. :smile:)
Don't forget that competitive Warband matches in Warband would often just consist of waiting it out until the flag spawned and then fighting for it. Improving on flag mechanics is not necessarily a bad thing.

I just hope TW makes ist with large numbers rather than 6v6.

Don't forget that competitive Warband matches in Warband would often just consist of waiting it out until the flag spawned and then fighting for it. Improving on flag mechanics is not necessarily a bad thing.

I just hope TW makes ist with large numbers rather than 6v6.
I think 1 life mode is going to be exactly the same as skirmish, but with bigger maps and more players

I think 1 life mode is going to be exactly the same as skirmish, but with bigger maps and more players
There is already concept (maybe will be accepted again) maps for battle (also for all game modes) in the game files. Battle probably will be like skirmish flag system and I dont have an issue with that, it is better rather than a random last flag spawn and those maps are bigger than what we have in skirmish. But probably with custom servers you can open skirmish maps as battle too. Tho it is sad to see some good maps were rejected bc of some unknown reason is funny to me. Let me find one example from old discord messages. (This is a skirmish map)

unknown.png

If i remember correcty map is not originally night and snowy i might have changed it but in this ss you can understand the map better.

unknown.png

if you want to open them yourself put this code here custom_battle_scenes.xml in
Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\CustomBattle\ModuleData
And you can open them in sp custom battles.

Code:
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_battania_02"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_battania_03"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan1"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_002_winter"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan2"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_004"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan3"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_005"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan4"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_006"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan5"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_006_nowater"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan6"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_009"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan7"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_008"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan8"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_013"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan9"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_014"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan10"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_battle_map_002"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan11"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_battle_map_003"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan12"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_duel_mode_map_004_night"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan13"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>

I dont checked if they added more rejected maps but you can find all the maps in this folder and add the map name to the code or do whatever you want. (some of them broken some of them still works etc etc)

Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\SceneObj

My only wish for Battle mode is hybrid warband/bannerlord system, maybe we could see something like this for that game mode.

for me the best solution for Battle mod is (with not making big desing changes to the game since it is too late for that)
use classes and give them base cost and use 4 perk slots. Classes will determine armor costs and skills (role) cost.
4 perks slots will be like equipment slot and every perks will be and item and they have cost when you select them.
so as an example x gold for light inf. more than x gold for heavy inf
and battle mod perks will have gold cost when you pick them and will give you an item for that slot. every item perks will cost x
So they can still sell cool skins for that game mode and they dont need to redesing whole system. (Since the armor calculation is not equipment based and just class based) and Cav classes could use 5 perk slot for the horse.

I have some free time to kill letme simulate that thing (or mod it poorly) maybe it will be more clear for some people.

I have used Tdm slot for the simulating that thing. So other game modes don't interrupt with other game modes. So this perks will be only avalible in Battle gamemode for an Example I took a small video and photos of that modification if anyone wants to see.

image.png

image.png

image.png

if they are planning to use same style of play/perks (like what they did to siege and tdm) for that game mode better they should work on something else like private servers because it will not work and will be heavycav ****fest and will not be fun.

So as an update i tought it will crash if i try to join server. Because my files and server files don't sync with eachother. I was lucky i guess.
I took some photos of how would it look ingame (since the ui is not the same as armory) (it was not working correctly because of server and client sync issues)
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Don't give them any ideas!
Lol I'm not, I'm pretty sure @NIN3 said something like that.

There is already concept (maybe will be accepted again) maps for battle (also for all game modes) in the game files. Battle probably will be like skirmish flag system and I dont have an issue with that, it is better rather than a random last flag spawn and those maps are bigger than what we have in skirmish. But probably with custom servers you can open skirmish maps as battle too. Tho it is sad to see some good maps were rejected bc of some unknown reason is funny to me. Let me find one example from old discord messages. (This is a skirmish map)

unknown.png

If i remember correcty map is not originally night and snowy i might have changed it but in this ss you can understand the map better.

unknown.png

if you want to open them yourself put this code here custom_battle_scenes.xml in
Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\CustomBattle\ModuleData
And you can open them in sp custom battles.

Code:
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_battania_02"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_battania_03"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan1"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_002_winter"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan2"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_004"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan3"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_005"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan4"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_006"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan5"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_006_nowater"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan6"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_009"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan7"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_008"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan8"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_013"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan9"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_skirmish_map_014"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan10"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_battle_map_002"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan11"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_battle_map_003"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan12"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>
  <Scene id="mp_duel_mode_map_004_night"
      name="{=!}ilovearmagan13"
      terrain="Plain"></Scene>

I dont checked if they added more rejected maps but you can find all the maps in this folder and add the map name to the code or do whatever you want. (some of them broken some of them still works etc etc)

Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\SceneObj

My only wish for Battle mode is hybrid warband/bannerlord system, maybe we could see something like this for that game mode.

Ahh interesting ?

Back
Top Bottom