Update on ad1257 0.97v.

Users who are viewing this thread

what know about work DRtomas? I work 24/7 slangin dope on the streets husltin all day. Each day I make 5K you know how it is

I can definitely wait for new features that are not yet being developed (but have been thought of).

DrTomas said:
I can't give a date, because developing is irregular and would depend on the mood, time and how things are going at work. And work was more like a gang bang rape party few weeks - so little development from my side of things. I actually don't have the willpower to reply to all the pm's anymore, so sorry for being an non-replier lately.

I probably should disable the un-developed features and go into finalizing things...
I think that you and the dev team did great job until now and you deserve our being grateful  !!! :wink: It wasn't easy ether i guess... keep on walking ... :cool:

I can wait Drthomas so take your time and finish it. Great work so far...by far my favorite mod and appreciate all your work so far

souleater said:
If it comes to that, I think most people wouldn't want any features disabled in trade for a quicker release. Can you tell us which features are the ones you're talking about?
mmm...
Player housing would have to wait.
Economy, which I never actually started to do, would have to wait.
These are the main ones, that I can think of right now.

So if we scrap those for now, it would leave to:
-tavern sellers(which should be really easy to do)
-formation + freelancer update
-some primitive way to play as a crusader order knight.... Perhaps
-Some tweaks to the fortified manor system.
This is of-course from my side of things. Kuauik is doing his own things with the items and the troops.

DrTomas said:
souleater said:
If it comes to that, I think most people wouldn't want any features disabled in trade for a quicker release. Can you tell us which features are the ones you're talking about?
mmm...

This is of-course from my side of things. Kuauik is doing his own things with the items and the troops.

I like.

DrTomas said:
souleater said:
mmm...

My preference: Introduce polished (as in, no game breaking bugs/CTD) mechanics and don't take on too many things at a time. Focusing on select features would probably make the release seem more complete than if lots of features are introduced for the first time, simultaneously.

I agree the two first could be scrapped until later, but I'm really looking forward to fixed formations and fortified manors being more worthwhile investments :smile:.

Archi the great said:
DrTomas said:
souleater said:

some primitive way to play as a crusader order knight

I want

Im in love...Day 1 of playing this mod i thought of this and wanted it!

New features sound great. I prefer a bigger release, having to start again every few weeks isn't that great in a sandbox game if you are a more casual-ish player

Ivan the Awesome said:
Care to elaborate on player housing? and economy? They sound interesting.
Economy would be an overhaul of the current economy, making it more controllable. Basically let the town/castle/village lords build specific buildings in it and that would increase the production of the goods. It's deeper then that, but the main idea is that.

Player housing is just that - you would be able to buy a house in a town and hire a maid(a peasant maid, an exotic maid, bob the ex-tavern keeper maid and a horny ex-nun maid). Then you can buy furniture and in essence that would decorate the house. Pretty basic. I wanted to do some interactivity with the maid - including giving gifts and dressing her/him up. It's really not an "essential" feature, but some people had asked this before - so I thought why not, it's not really complicated to implant either. WANT SIMS IN MOUNT AND BLADE?! HERE!  :mrgreen:

Hm - the economic part sounds interesting and very reasonable. Economy is simply not existing right now.

Housing is a different kettle of fish though. Why would I want to own a house when I can easily conquer a castle or a whole city? Why should I want to dress up a maid when I can outfit 1000 Soldiers (ok, the horny ex-nun maid sounds good, but I prefer to keep my sexual life out of my computer). Leave this feature out!

Any updates on the new weapons, armours and stuff from kuauik?

Makememove said:
Housing is a different kettle of fish though. Why would I want to own a house when I can easily conquer a castle or a whole city? Why should I want to dress up a maid when I can outfit 1000 Soldiers (ok, the horny ex-nun maid sounds good, but I prefer to keep my sexual life out of my computer). Leave this feature out!
Because you are a perverted weirdo?!  :mrgreen:
Despite all that - it's really a feature that does not require much of manpower. Not like economy overhaul, which is hard, long and well not easy to do. :smile:

If it's not complicated to implement, why should the housing thing be left out? I would absolutely love such a feature from a role playing point of view. From a practical standpoint, maybe the player house could have an additional inventory where you could stash some of your stuff. And moreover it is very good for an early lvl char that simply hasn't the skills, money or necessary party size for conquering a castle or simply want to go mercing around instead of taking the lordly route, and in this way he would have some kind of a place to call home. Or if someone would prefer to rather travel around and be a trader, it would also make much more sense to have a house instead of conquering a castle. And as far as the sex thing is concerned, I prefer to have a sex life wherever possible. :grin:

I agree. Now the game is about 60-70% strategy, having lovely features as
having a house and an ex-nun in your house is really cool! :grin:
However i'd like to point something about the amount of armors in shops.
In the last game i played it took me 160 days to find an armor i like.(the aragonian
blue-red with stripes).And it was the crude version.So i cheated with morgh's editor to get it
I'd like to be able to have some sort of option about armors and weapons.
I was thinking that maybe in your manor you could have someone to order armors, or if possible
to give him an armor you already have and tell him to improve it.
All the things you are planning to update are terrific, i can't wait.
In the meantime i'll slay some lithuanians to pass the time :mrgreen:

sifis172 said:
I was thinking that maybe in your manor you could have someone to order armors, or if possible
to give him an armor you already have and tell him to improve it.

A more orderly way of buying items a la item ordering in WFaS, would be nice, indeed. Probably too much work for too little gain, though.

Prince de Radzivil said:
Makememove said:
Why should I want to dress up a maid when I can outfit 1000 Soldiers
This sounds like kind of dirty orgy.:smile:
Lol I guess this has nothing to do with any ones sexual preferences.
Maybe he could rephrase it like :
''In war theres no time for pleasure''  :grin:
Anyway every addition in mod is very welcomed by me and dont mind if it takes more time to implement.

Back
Top Bottom