Update: Nov 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Just an update...

Player fief customization and fief defense are working pretty well, and I have maps for all of the 30 provinces that will be active in the next update. Some screenshots are in the last update thread.

However, I'm thinking about delaying the update until I have fiefs better integrated into the rest of the design, to have missions sponsored by players play a bigger role in driving the game on the strategic map.

Right now, players can choose to defend their fiefs, and on that server the owning player will be the "sponsor" for the rest of the 30 minute scenario. You gain the right to sponsor a mission by getting to a threshold score ahead of other players.

Similarly, I want to have players "sponsor" caravans, merchant shipping, and military campaigns. There are a number of other tweaks I want to do to make the strategic game more colorful and more personalized.

I want players to feel more involvement in what's going on in the strategic map -- basically, to make this feel as much like a single player campaign game, albeit one in which other players can help and interfere and compare achievements, as it does a multiplayer game. At some point, I would like for player houses to have a number of individual characters who can develop combat skills, forge relationships, marry, own property, have heirs and eventually die.

But I'm also trying not to bite off more than I can chew with any one individual upgrade.

Any feedback on how to achieve these goals is appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom