SP Dark Ages Upcoming Viking Conquest sub-mod (Jutland) (Work on hold - The submod is not scrapped)

Users who are viewing this thread

I like the idea, VC really needs more mods, and this one is hitting a good spot, i just wish there was a Kievan Rus faction, that would be amazing, but hey, i guess we can't have it all :grin:
In any case, i just took a look at the screenshots and it looks really great man, can't wait to try it!
I agree,most important is now that Hrukik can be finish his Jutland mod!(y)

a specific mod which was crucial for the evolution
Hmm. VC Balance is a tweak mod and OSP. Dark Age submod is a graphic overhaul for Viking Conquest (like Polished Landscapes for Warband). Dark Age submod (or its Lite version graphics package, but not Dark Age 867AD module) which is often combined with VC Balance is compatible with VC savegames. It means that this submod does not add any extra content and removing this submod cannot break the changes made by the topic author. Yes, it adds some new items but they are not much different from the same vanilla (that's my opinion).

So..
It features - new factions and faction overhauls - new troop trees - NPC's - Cities - New shields, banners, sails - details to scenes - Storyline edit - languages.
when i meant that these submods i stated that i had included was crucial for Jutland to be as intented, then it means that i have shaped my features around the other submods
which of these features are critically dependent on other submodes?
Factions - no
Troop trees - no (but items - yes if you don't think vanilla resources are sufficient)
NPC's - no
Cities - no
Storyline - no
Languages - no
Scenes - no (maybe if you planted a lot of trees because these mods don't add new details to scenes)

so.. what are your difficulties? don't you have enough polished textures to look perfect? but 90% of the modifications don't look perfect, but they do have historical content and are therefore loved by players :wink:

but there is not enough of the right kind of variation of equipment that would make the module truly awesome
Brytenwalda belongs to the same historical period and is an OSP (but its meshes need a little correction in the coordinate system)

i just took a look at the screenshots and it looks really great
I saw a graphic overhaul that was released in 2016 and that's all.
I would like to see the map, new cities, new characters, and other features that have been announced

Last edited:
Best of luck for you. This is actually a great idea and seems like a really well-planned mod that was being made and I congratulate you for it. I just hope everything works out at the end, and you get to present us this amazing mod at it's final stage.

Edit;
I agree, it would be truly amazing to see some Kievan Rus being added to the mix, do you plan on anything similar to that? Or even adding the Baltics? Any kind of slavic warrior?

By the way, do you plan on modding Bannerlord by any chance?

(Edited)

Hey Nhd (nearly missed out on you there buddy)

Well to answer most what you wrote. and you, aswell as many others might disagree with me or dislike my point of view.
But i wanted to release Jutland as a ''super'' experience, with all the greatest tweaks combined into my overhaul.

- no, none of these mods are in theory crucial for the overhaul. but they are for me. Jutland is a evolutional mod for viking conquest which changes nearly every politics going on, on the map. espcially around Skandinavia, so it feels like a different campaign you are doing. it is no longer just about being a viking and conquer England, skotland or Irland. But instead you as a jarl or king in Danmark or any other skandinavian country also constantly have to solidate your power in your home region as there are many jarls and other kings with the desire of owning what you have, that means you can not simply go on a campaign for years in foreign countrys, because then you will lose what you have in Skandinavia. We are talking a total of 7 factions in Skandinavia now, compared to Vanilla VC where there are only 3. So now the odds that you are always staying as a king or Jarl in safe skandinavia is greatly reduced.

- About the screenshots, i understand if the first thing you notice is a old graphic mod from 2016, but there is so much more to the place now. Stalls, shields on houses, fish traps, boats on land, and in the sea, and so on and so on, and yes, a bunch of trees surrounding the entire cities, to remove the vision that it is just a squared scene you are walking in. in my version, you cannot look beyond the horizonts, because it is covered with trees and bushes, even down to small and larger rocks placed around in the forested areas.

- And last, i understand that you want to see screenshots of the campaign map and what else i have made, but i am keeping that my secret, so people gets a surprise when they for the first time, begin their own Jutland campaign.
I am not a fraud, if thats what you think of me. I have spent countless of hours perfecting this submod, i had 500 hours of playtime in VC when i began to mod it, and now i have played nearly 1800 hours and far over the majority of those 1300 hours, i have spent, dedicated modding on this module i call Jutland. I will release it when i am satisfied with it, and i am a perfectionist.

Hey Paroni, there is not yet a release date. But i am working on a alternative version of the submod.

Lord of Balgarad, thank you for the words, these ideas i have are the reason why i began to learn on how to mod a game.
I never got why Viking Conquest never really got modders attention for a overhaul, it has so much potential.

- There will not be a dedicated faction of Kievan Rus vikings, as the module is still set on the vanilla map.
However, in some of my earliest versions i had already added Rus Vikings who are in raiding parties, raiding some parts of Skandinavia, there are also some you can hire around different inns called Væringjar / Varjager / Varjagi it means Oathmen and were a word used for vikings who sailed east and became Varangian guards. Extremely rare, extremely expensive and extremely good warriors.

-And yes, i am planning on modding the hell out of Bannerlord. I was planning a Kiev / Væringer (Varangian) viking theme for that game.

And for a little status update: I have changed the timeline and set the gameplay one year earlier, to the age of 867 just a few months after the vikings settled in Jorvík, while also tweaked the storyline a bit, and recreated the Northumbrian kingdom with king Ælle and King Osbert, so now there is even more conquest to be doing in england, once it releases, and you will get the chance to revenge the death of Regnar Lodbrog by helping Ivar and his brothers giving a well deserving bloodeagle to Ælle.

Grynte ville grisene, hvis de vidste hvad galten led

Last edited:
when I played (not now) I used sword and shield mod as gameplay overhaul and dark age submod as graphics overhaul.
then someone combined these two mods and changed the loading screens and called it the blood eagle. nothing new has been added almost but the mod has appeared and I think it would be better if the gameplay mod developed separately without mixing with the graphics but for some reason they did it this way.

apparently every new loading screen should be a new mod.
I would like to take prophesy of pendor and rename it and make new loading screens and say it's new ))

that's why we are interested in seeing something from your work to understand whether it's worth waiting for

You most acurate questioned,and what,silence and no reaction from author!!!
I suggest the author show something new from his work,for example, you list so well: "map, new cities, new characters, and other features" Because it takes a lot of writing, but we haven't even seen a shield what it would look like?
"To understand whether it's worth waiting for"

I apologize for my absense from this submod.

Many things have kept me distracted from completing this module.
Including Life, and learning, and making my own textures.
And the release of Bannerlord, which has been tough to put my mind around, as i had hoped to give out a release of this submod before the arrival of Bannerlord, alas, i did not manage to create my own textures in time, so it was a punch to my stomach, and took most of my energy away from this module.

However, i am still working on it, but slowly.
And i spent some time on cleaning up the module and recreating a lot of things, as i had the unfortunate accident of losing some of my files,
So i had to spent time into re-adding a lot of the things i have made, and the other day i spent 8 hours straight, in the files and fixed a lot of the mess which was present.

I have decided to scrap some of the things, such as the mini faction of Frankia. (How fun it might would have been to raid some franks, then nevertheless i have removed it, and i am saving the idea for the other module i am working on, Jutland A.D 820.)

I am planning on changing the personalities, in the game, in order to being able to add different languages. It is my idea, that if i add all saxon lords to one specific personality, then i will be able to change the conversations associated with that personality, So the saxons will speak some lines in the saxon language. ETC for all other cultures. But i will also have to change other things related to personalities, like penalty and such.

Now, i am still being asked to share content, but i will say the same thing as i have said a couple of times above.
I will not share pictures of my module or progress.
What you read, is what will be in the module.
The reason for this is, is still the same.
I want people to get surprised when they play Jutland for the first time.
Images, details, etc, will be shared when the submod releases.

Best regards, Rurik

Thank you for staying patient.

P.S i have updated the front page, to keep it up to date. Also i have added a ''To-do'' list, so people can keep track on how the submod progresses.

Last edited:
Hi Hrurik,

Nice to see the continued activity in VC modding!

One thing, I noticed the opening post mentions using VC Balance Mod 11.0. I'd suggest updating to 12.0 at some point--there aren't significant gameplay changes, instead the 12.0 update incorporates the patches the VC devs made for VC 2.054.

Good luck with your mod, it will be exciting to see what you end up accomplishing.

Hello there Tingyun, thank you for sharing me that detail, i will look into updating it, but i need to have a further look into my own files, because as far as i know, then VC balance mod corrects a tonnes of NPC's especially family relationships. As i have changed a bunch myself, then i will have to be careful before i update it, so i do not overwrite any of my own changes. But thank you! The project is moving on slowly, but steady, it will be great once i am done with it.

Hello fellas, i apologise for my silence.
As the sultan said above, the mod is not dead, or scrapped. But it has been put on a halt.
Truth being told, i was supposed to give a release what is nearly half a year ago already, but i lost the stomach to put it up, when i was denied rights to use new textures.
So my idea was to learn to create my own from scratch, and then with the release of bannerlord i got ballsacked again as i had hoped to put this submod in the air before the release of the new game which people had waited so long for.

Anyhow, i began creating a mod for Bannerlord.
And like i was with this submod, i have been silent about saying anything about it.

The bannerlord project is a huge one, an overhaul just as Jutland will be, with real life history involved, and tonnes of details which are for history nerds, so yeah to anyone playing Bannerlord and a heart for history, they will have a huge thrill in coming, in the next few months. (1-2 according to my scripe)

Now i might get asked why i did not finish this project before starting on a new.
So i will answer this.
Well it happened as a stupid mistake, i bought bannerlord and began playing it for a small week, and then i began editing small stuff in the game, which turned to lots of ideas, until it became a project. Once being in the Bannerlord files for so long time which i spent, it was confusing and frustrating to mod on both the warband files and the bannerlord files.
So i have decided to finish the project on bannerlord first, so i can turn my attention fully back on the Jutland project.

I am only one person, creating these mods, so bare with my slowsomeness, i am dedicating as much time i as possibly can, and perhaps more time than what most modders is even able to.

I hope you will have a wonderful day, and i apologies if this was not to your individual liking.

Best regards.

Back
Top Bottom