Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

If you can read Sabaton lyrics without clinching your butt you need to be saved. They sound like they are written by untalented children.
I know people on the right-wing who absolutely love these warlike power fantasies and are typically Wehrmacht simps. (This is okay as a guilty pleasure if you don't tell anyone.)
The implication is that Sabatoning may be nationalist or maybe even proto-racist power tripping (which is why Jacob really hates them), if your youth days are long over. For the young, it's a normal phase of being a clueless cringy weakling. Hope that helps, Antonis! :grin:
While their rhyme game is often very weak and lyrics are pure **** more often than not, and while I get the part about power tripping and that this attracts certain cringe groups similarly to how Hearts of Iron or Crusader Kings games unfortunately do, how are their songs nationalist or racist/proto-racist? The songs cover pretty much everything from Soviet Union to Japan, from Carolean Sweden to ancient China or Italy, from Nazi Germany to the US. Is it because the fans tend to limit the scope and just put songs about panzers and uboats and stuff on repeat? Or is war as a topic inherently racist?

While their rhyme game is often very weak and lyrics are pure **** more often than not, and while I get the part about power tripping and that this attracts certain cringe groups similarly to how Hearts of Iron or Crusader Kings games unfortunately do, how are their songs nationalist or racist/proto-racist? The songs cover pretty much everything from Soviet Union to Japan, from Carolean Sweden to ancient China or Italy, from Nazi Germany to the US. Is it because the fans tend to limit the scope and just put songs about panzers and uboats and stuff on repeat? Or is war as a topic inherently racist?
That's a good question and I think the answer is that nationalism is universal. Like that EP block of nationalist parties - they are supposed to hate each other, but they have the same values. Nationalism isn't necessary racism, but it's getting there and given how much racism is on the internet in the age group who listens to Sabaton crap, I'd say the overlap is significant (without stats and proof, just general unease). :smile:
Also fully agreed that cringe groups are being attracted to history/war simulations, including Mount and Blade. They are also likely Sabaton fans.
Sabaton-Official-Website-5.jpg
Posers must be using hax to get that kill count.

Personally I don't think Sabaton or even most of its fans are racist, but their treatment of history is extremely cringe. Everything is through the lens of "EPIC soldiers doing EPIC things" in a way that comes across as disrespectful not just to the individual soldiers and civilian victims, but in contributing to the idea that a country and its people can be reduced to the soldiers in some time period. That photo of them literally standing on WW1 graves while posing and flexing their muscles pretty much sums up how they come across to me.

I also think they use nationalism as a marketing tool by pandering to every country on earth, but to be honest if that was all they did I wouldn't really care.

There's only seven Sabaton songs I like. Uprising, Night Witches, Winged Hussars, and Aces in Exile, and then their three cheesy songs that are just band names or song titles or lyrics from a bunch of metal songs combined.

The rest... nah.

You mean Abraham Lincoln the Vampire Hunter is not based on a true story?
I'm hating this trend since Diablo. Stop putting Christian mores into games, it's silly. Not all of us grew up eating bibles for breakfast. But I suppose it's more natural for US consumers, since they did and they have the principal disposable income to make the game industry lucrative.
At least they could invent a new helltopia, like the Oblivion plane in TES.

You mean Abraham Lincoln the Vampire Hunter is not based on a true story?
I'm hating this trend since Diablo. Stop putting Christian mores into games, it's silly. Not all of us grew up eating bibles for breakfast. But I suppose it's more natural for US consumers, since they did and they have the principal disposable income to make the game industry lucrative.
At least they could invent a new helltopia, like the Oblivion plane in TES.
Considering that Christian theology informs a massive portion of European culture and this is a small indie game by a Polish studio I highly doubt American consumers had anything to do with this one.

Considering that Christian theology informs a massive portion of European culture and this is a small indie game by a Polish studio I highly doubt American consumers had anything to do with this one.
The key word here is "informed" and entertainment follows contemporary culture, which has little to do with religion. Of course, Poles are religious nuts on an American level and that explains why would they do this. But American consumers have a lot to do with the eventual success of the game, as they would gladly consume crap like this and stimulate the creation of more games based on Jesuses, devils and angels.

entertainment follows contemporary culture, which has little to do with religion.

Ignoring the plainly obvious fact that this game and Diablo aren't set in the present day, Christian iconography and themes are literally everywhere in the west, and it forms part of the common visual language of hollywood that every new western film or game inherits from, no matter how hard they try. Deliberately trying to excise Christianity from media just because most Europeans are heathens now is pointless, and is no different from medieval censors who tried to scrub European culture of paganism. When something stops being relevant and appealing to artists, it will disappear from media on its own.

Summer Game Fest had numerous, generic games sci-fi/fantasy games. Dark horror seems to be the zeitgeist. Didn't interest me much.

This looks weird. Could be fun

Flashback takes me back. Although, it's hard to tell what the game is like in this trailer.

Also this:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom