Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been going through all the space strategies in the last year (and haven't really found something that would be as good as Distant Worlds) and it is one of the more enjoyable ones, if you can't into Stellaris like me.
Damn, this game is at the AAA '21 released price range. It has been released in 2014. Wonder if it is that good. Must pass for now. Diablo 2 resurrected is about to be there in no time...

About Paradox games... No-brainer those so-called grand strategies are all of the same kind (maybe except the Victoria series - it requires more witts than any other IMO). All are so hard to learn but later on - it is just coloring the map. I fully agree with what you said about wining conditions - you must set up goals for yourself. I first played EU III and HOI3. I couldn't stand playing EU but HOI - this game swallowed and spit me out. I decided to sacrifice much time learning how to play it. I believe I have around 2k-3k hrs played in all of them (CKII, EU3&4, HOI3&4, Stellaris, Victoria) and still not sure if it was/is worth the hassle :grin: Truly a paradox of some sort...

I'm beginning to hate this kind of thing, although it didn't bother me in Minecraft at all, as you could go on exploring there forever.

I think the difference is that Minecraft makes no qualms about being a nonlinear endless game, while paradox games either literally have an end-date, or they run out of research / mechanics and just peter out. In Minecraft you can say "I'm going to fortify this town and see what happens" or "I'm going to build a nether spawner and see what happens" all in the same save or session (or even simultaneously), while in HOI4 or EU4 you have to start from scratch if you want to try anything new. HOI4 is particularly bad for this because it takes around an hour before literally anything happens, even at max speed.

It's probably not something people will be interested in, but the other day during the Nintendo Direct, they announced quite a few things. A new Bayonetta, Dying Light series, Castlevania Advanced, more content expansions (free) for several games, a new subscription tier that will include N64 and Sega Genesis games, a new Kirby game and an expansion for Monster Hunter Rise called Sunbreak (and an announcement both will hit PC in 2022).

I'm looking forward to Rise on PC. I cannot stand the low FPS on Switch, makes me vomit. ?

This looks interesting and has some good reviews. Can't remember if it's been posted here.
It's just very early acccess with plenty of issues.

This looks interesting and has some good reviews. Can't remember if it's been posted here.
It's just very early acccess with plenty of issues.

Killing horned demon looking Pan wannabees with a sword and a single action army? I'm down!

Nintendo and Square Enix just announced the entire Kingdom Hearts series is coming to the Switch via Cloud Gaming (meaning good performance). They also announced Sora for Smash Bros Ultimate, the last Fighter DLC and last update for the game. From the short teaser of gameplay, he actually looks like he's going to be a great Fighter.

Only just now seen the new Syberia The World Before releasing soon (Dec. 10).
The games can be a bit clunky, buggy and slow, with annoying puzzles.
But if you like the genre, it might be good.

Graphics look yummy. They've really outdone themselves.

Sony is putting God of War (at least the last new one) on PC/Steam.

I don't particularly care about modern God of War (older titles were the best), but this came as a surprise announcement just days before Sony announced a new production label called "Playstation PC". It will be the new name it publishes PC games under, which means even more titles heading for PC. I definitely see the rest of the Uncharted series coming (since Uncharted 4 is already on its way), as well as The Last of Us (at least Part 1) and if we are really lucky...Demon Souls' remake.

Somewhat in a similar way, Capcom also said they will be shifting major focus to PC rather than Nintendo/console. This won't mean no more console games, it just means the games will designed with the first thought being PC with console ports being secondary. It seems like the big gaming companies are finally starting to release the profit awaiting them outside of their consoles. :lol:

I don't understand, aren't we supposed to only play on phones by now, or at least consoles? How many weebs are left with PCs only, so they would buy games made by weird Japanese auteurs? :smile:
easset_upload_file19262_1969320_e.png

Just spitballin' here, but I think it's more that console hardware is beginning to catch up with gaming PCs in terms of performance, so it is much less restrictive performance-wise than it was in the past. The switch from physical storage media (cartridges, CDs, DVDs, Blu-Ray) for console games to online distribution also means many more liberties can be taken with file sizes than before. If your name rhymes with Backtivision-Wizzard then you can even pull all the stops and have your game take up a third of a console's stock drive space because it's not like you have the logistical problem of burning each copy across 50 DVDs, packaging those, and shipping them to retailers.

The next historical total war will apparently feature vehicles.

4tV3z.jpg

If this is real, then I simply can’t imagine how they’d make it work.. total war world war 1? 2?

"Hard surface modelling" and "vehicles" are just 3D modeller lingo and they probably put that there to cover their bases. Vehicles could just as easily be siege towers or ships.

I could just be huffing the copium though. If they come out and announce WW1 total war I will delete iron chieftain and magnetically erase my brain. I can't imagine a dumber setting for a game based solely on medium scale melee infantry tactics. But to this very day every mindless sabaton listening moron has suggested a WW1 total war. I hope they get it, I hope it sucks, I hope they have to pay through the nose for a blood DLC, and I hope it gets banned in every country east of the Rhine because they forget to change the Warhammer flavour text and call the Balkan DLC a "Race Pack".

Another TW game already? lol

Total War will not be getting anymore of my money then. They abandoned Three Kingdoms a year and a half into its life, leaving it with dozens of bugs which are ground breaking. The only possible way they can convince me to shed another dollar on them is if they make a Lord of the Rings TW game and even then I'd wait for a year to see how they stick to it. Which is a shame, because Attila was so much fun.

But to this very day every mindless sabaton listening moron has suggested a WW1 total war. I hope they get it, I hope it sucks, I hope they have to pay through the nose for a blood DLC, and I hope it gets banned in every country east of the Rhine because they forget to change the Warhammer flavour text and call the Balkan DLC a "Race Pack".
:grin: That's the real Christmas spirit!

I always thought Sabaton was extremely cringey, like their lyrics feel forced to fit war fantasies and every time I see people flooding comment sections with “and then the winged husars arrived” I die a little.

As for total war: it could indeed be siege towers or chariots, if they went for WW1 they’d have to reinvent their entire formula and mechanics.. not sure if they can pull that off.

I feel personally attacked. Still, I don't really like WW1, so am I saved?
If you can read Sabaton lyrics without clinching your butt you need to be saved. They sound like they are written by untalented children.
I know people on the right-wing who absolutely love these warlike power fantasies and are typically Wehrmacht simps. (This is okay as a guilty pleasure if you don't tell anyone.)
The implication is that Sabatoning may be nationalist or maybe even proto-racist power tripping (which is why Jacob really hates them), if your youth days are long over. For the young, it's a normal phase of being a clueless cringy weakling. Hope that helps, Antonis! :grin:

Back
Top Bottom